What's new

Suggestions

Afaik this becomes available for gems for sure in 5.0. Not sure if you mean just those or other items too, yet I do know that you'll have to wait for the proper patch to get this for gems x)
I'd like for this to be possible with all items that you need to click a total of three-four times each and similar, it really sucks. coinpurses have autouse so that's perfect. but when it comes to items that cant be autod its just mind numbing

Hellow, I want to suggest 3 things.

1. That they put the lights outside the houses to be automatic, as the officer once was. That at night they lit alone, and during the day they went off alone.

2. Is if it is possible to create a type of seed and bundle for flowers that always last without rotting. That would be very good for those of us who like to decorate gardens.

3. If it is possible to fix a mistake that does not let you put furniture on top of large rugs and decorate well.

2. Is if it is possible to create a type of seed and bundle for flowers that always last without rotting. That would be very good for those of us who like to decorate gardens.

Are you familiar with the flower beds that you can add the special seeds to?

1593461890928.png

3. If it is possible to fix a mistake that does not let you put furniture on top of large rugs and decorate well.

There's something that happened between 4.5 and 4.7 with the rugs that made it impossible to put them over each other. @Sparkle can you please look into this?

ScreenShot6100.jpg

On the right side in this screenshot, there's a Chrysanthemum Blossom Rug + 2 Airain Rock-Solid Carpets that I could put over each other to form this pattern just fine when I was doing it (sometime before 4.5 I think).

On the left side, I had the same pattern with the Lace Pattern Rug + 2 Airain, but I started removing it to move the table a bit, and now I can't put it back as it was, none of the carpets can be placed over each other anymore.

edit: now it's even completely impossible to place tables on the rugs!

ScreenShot6101.jpg

And it's also impossible to slide the rugs under the table.

ScreenShot6103.jpg

I suspect this is because of the "can support" and "placement" tags on the furniture objects. If you look at this, you'll see that the Lotus Stone Vase or the Lively Statue: Kraken on the Tower for example can both be placed on the carpet, because they have a "Placement: house floor, large furniture, or yard" tag, and the carpet is "large furniture". This is how tables and other carpets should function too, and how they functioned in one of the previous patches, but I'm not sure if the tables were placeable on "large furniture", or the carpets counted as "house floor". I think carpets being "house floor" is more likely because otherwise tables could be placed on each other and that wasn't possible.

ScreenShot6104.jpgScreenShot6106.jpg

Here's a list of carpets that are definitely affected by this if you want to test placing tables and other furniture on them (the other carpets might be affected too but these are the ones of the same shape/size as the ones I tested):

Probably affected (different shape/size):

There are some other rugs in the database too but those are 3D (like the bearskin rug with the bear head) so it probably doesn't matter for those.

Last edited:
Are you familiar with the flower beds that you can add the special seeds to?

I speak of being able to decorate with rose seeds or rose bundles, or any other flower. And not having to fertilize every 2 days. I speak of seeds, not of pots like these

1593484965482.png

ScreenShot0001.jpg

There's something that happened between 4.5 and 4.7 with the rugs that made it impossible to put them over each other. @Sparkle can you please look into this?

View attachment 12390

On the right side in this screenshot, there's a Chrysanthemum Blossom Rug + 2 Airain Rock-Solid Carpets that I could put over each other to form this pattern just fine when I was doing it (sometime before 4.5 I think).

On the left side, I had the same pattern with the Lace Pattern Rug + 2 Airain, but I started removing it to move the table a bit, and now I can't put it back as it was, none of the carpets can be placed over each other anymore.

edit: now it's even completely impossible to place tables on the rugs!?

View attachment 12391

of course, it was something that could be done before but later in a version of the archeage and I suppose also in the archerage, it became impossible to do it

1593485054153.png

View attachment 12390

edit: now it's even completely impossible to place tables on the rugs!?

View attachment 12391
[/CITAR]
EDIT:

Although I am talking about putting furniture on one carpet, not about putting one carpet on another.

1593485134963.png

Hellow, I want to suggest 3 things.

1. That they put the lights outside the houses to be automatic, as the officer once was. That at night they lit alone, and during the day they went off alone.

Lights were custom changed not to be automatic at player request

I will clarify a bit. Lights were changed to be always off and to be on for 1h only when players turn them on as a part of XL updates but we made a custom change a while ago that would made them to be ON all the time after players turn them on.​
Why the change was originally made by XL for the lights no longer to turn on at night and off at the daytime? That was a thing before but it made a big load on the server.​
Due to it we will also not return back to that old model. Lights to always stay ON and OFF at players choice when they on/off them manually is the best alternative.​

View attachment 12390

edit: now it's even completely impossible to place tables on the rugs!

View attachment 12391

And it's also impossible to slide the rugs under the table.

View attachment 12396

I suspect this is because of the "can support" and "placement" tags on the furniture objects. If you look at this, you'll see that the Lotus Stone Vase or the Lively Statue: Kraken on the Tower for example can both be placed on the carpet, because they have a "Placement: house floor, large furniture, or yard" tag, and the carpet is "large furniture". This is how tables and other carpets should function too, and how they functioned in one of the previous patches, but I'm not sure if the tables were placeable on "large furniture", or the carpets counted as "house floor". I think carpets being "house floor" is more likely because otherwise tables could be placed on each other and that wasn't possible.

View attachment 12398View attachment 12399

Here's a list of carpets that are definitely affected by this if you want to test placing tables and other furniture on them (the other carpets might be affected too but these are the ones of the same shape/size as the ones I tested):

Probably affected (different shape/size):

There are some other rugs in the database too but those are 3D (like the bearskin rug with the bear head) so it probably doesn't matter for those.
Rugs and carpets are not meant to be placed on each other.
Let's take one of your examples: Chrysanthemum Blossom Rug + 2 Airain Rock-Solid Carpets. You can place items on them but they can't be placed on the other objects. If we allow that, players would be able to not only place carpets on each other but will also be able to put carpets over other objects, like, for example, a piano. That will lead to visual bugs. But you can still put carpet on the carpet if they cover each other just a little.
As for the other items, can you provide me with the example of the carpet+item that you were able to place on each other before, but can't now?

Let's take one of your examples: Chrysanthemum Blossom Rug + 2 Airain Rock-Solid Carpets. You can place items on them but they can't be placed on the other objects. If we allow that, players would be able to not only place carpets on each other but will also be able to put carpets over other objects, like, for example, a piano. That will lead to visual bugs. But you can still put carpet on the carpet if they cover each other just a little.
As for the other items, can you provide me with the example of the carpet+item that you were able to place on each other before, but can't now?

There's an example in the screenshot that I posted, the table (Merchant's Feast Table) is red and can't be placed, as is all the other large furniture (everything that has "house floor" as the placement), like the Wooden Bench. Here's another example:

ScreenShot6113.jpg

You can see here in the back (green marks) that I still have a Merchant's Feast Table and Wooden Benches placed on the carpets (which I placed at some point either before 4.5 or at 4.5, I don't remember), as well as the carpets (Chrysanthemum Blossom Rug + 2 Airain Rock-Solid Carpets) overlapping each other to create a pattern (green mark #2 and red mark #3 show the difference between then and now), all of this is impossible to do now. I'd just wish to see the previous behavior back, I don't want to stack carpets on tables, that would be silly, it was just a suggestion for a possible solution because I can't know what technical issue caused this to happen in the first place.

That's why I suspect that carpets counted as "house floor" earlier when this was possible (worked in some way that mimicked that) - putting them on other objects, or stacking tables on tables was never possible in the first place so I don't think the large furniture in the game ever had the "placement: large furniture" tag.

The only items that can be placed on the carpets now are small furniture (anything that has "large furniture" as the placement, such as chairs and lamps and vases - basically anything that can be placed on tables too). So for example you can place a small chair like the Yeoman's Wood Chair on the carpet, but you can't put a Monarch's Bedchamber Sofa, a Wooden Bench, or a Sovereign's Desk, or a Scholar's Council Table, or any other tables, shelves, pianos, etc.

Here's another example of what was previously possible - Sovereign's Desk, Monarch's Ceremonial Table, and Scholar's Leather Sofa all placed on carpets that overlap each other. None of it can be done now.

ScreenShot6115.jpg

I have to stress that this is a very recent issue, so it's either 4.7 or maybe even the latest patch because I was still able to place beds on carpets just fine in other houses a few weeks ago - for example the bed/carpet arrangement in this screenshot.

ScreenShot6116.jpg

I just tested it - you can't do that now. You can't slide any carpets under any furniture even a little bit anymore.

ScreenShot6118.jpg

I think that something related to carpets just got reverted (in 4.7 or whenever) to ancient carpet behavior from way back in 2.9 because that's when they used to act like this. Then they got fixed at some point, and worked well for a long time, and now they're back to the initial behavior.

I want to put a set of chairs and a table on top of my carpet, the largest "sunset rug", and it won't let me. just fine on the edge leaves me

1593537915882.png

I will clarify a bit. Lights were changed to be always off and to be on for 1h only when players turn them on as a part of XL updates but we made a custom change a while ago that would made them to be ON all the time after players turn them on.​
Why the change was originally made by XL for the lights no longer to turn on at night and off at the daytime? That was a thing before but it made a big load on the server.​
Due to it we will also not return back to that old model. Lights to always stay ON and OFF at players choice when they on/off them manually is the best alternative.​

As for the lights, I find it horrible having to turn them on and off all the time. Because those lights in the daylight give a light to my garden and it is ugly, and I am not connected every time the day and night change to turn it on and off. I find it horrible having to do it manually, but if it is necessary for the server to work well good

But at least, can you do something to create a type of seed and flower bundle, such as the seeds and bundles that are made to farm farms but to decorate? And that they never rot? I have a big rose garden in my house, and I have to fertilize it every 2 days always so that it does not disappear.

I now remember I asked if you could change the light on the treehouse to also not turn off after an hour? It still does that ._.

Both items - Chrysanthemum Blossom Rug and Merchant's Feast Table has the same classification of large furniture and due to it can't go on each other.
Any item can either support other objects or be placed on other objects, not both.
Such carpets should have that info in their description: Can support small objects.
So items from the large objects category will not be possible to place on them.
How players could place large furniture on the carpets in the earlier versions is something we'll need to further look into.

But at least, can you do something to create a type of seed and flower bundle, such as the seeds and bundles that are made to farm farms but to decorate? And that they never rot? I have a big rose garden in my house, and I have to fertilize it every 2 days always so that it does not disappear.
You are speaking about new decor items that need to be created. That may be possible but will need a further look into and may not happen very soon.

I now remember I asked if you could change the light on the treehouse to also not turn off after an hour? It still does that ._.
I remember that one. One of the game versions global updates should have fixed it. As I understand from your words it's still a thing. Will work on that.

Both items - Chrysanthemum Blossom Rug and Merchant's Feast Table has the same classification of large furniture and due to it can't go on each other.
Any item can either support other objects or be placed on other objects, not both.
Such carpets should have that info in their description: Can support small objects.
So items from the large objects category will not be possible to place on them.
Yeah, I understand that, it's just that it wasn't the case until recently specifically for carpets.
How players could place large furniture on the carpets in the earlier versions is something we'll need to further look into.
Please do, and tell me if you need me to test something. If you'd like to see more examples of what used to be possible, I have large furniture that I've placed on carpets in various configurations during the past few years in pretty much every house on my character (IGN:Tristram). Another example:

ScreenShot6121.jpg

I found this post on live forums: http://forums.archeagegame.com/show...st-of-other-furnitures)-Collider-Broken/page2 and the same issue happened on live shortly after 4.5 too (but it looks like Trion/XL never fixed it).

It looks like the bug is related to this patch note:

We've made it easier to use and re-collect items placed on a rug. - so either this change bugged the carpets or a later update (between 4.5 and 4.7) in interaction with that bugged them (they were 100% working before 4.5 because the house that I just posted the screenshot of was decorated long before 4.5, and since IIRC my bed/carpet screenshots are from 4.5 I'm thinking that 4.7 caused the issue).

Edit: I think I figured out the issue, with the help of that live post. It might just be a collision box issue - the previous collision boxes for carpets could have been really small (just the tiny bit in the center of each carpet), so you could place anything on them and overlap them with each other, and put them beneath other furniture... unless it collided with a small dot in the center of the carpet. That's sort of how I remember it working before. Again, I'm just guessing at how it worked technically, so I might be wrong. So if I'm correct and the carpet collision boxes from a previous version could be brought back, that would solve the issue without messing with any placement/large furniture/floor tags.

Last edited:
You are speaking about new decor items that need to be created. That may be possible but will need a further look into and may not happen very soon.

Well, I appreciate if you consider it for future updates. Basically it is to enable an option for which seeds of for example, the roses, and also the bundles. They can be fertilized forever and not rot. The same for other types of flowers, many people decorate gardens with semilals and bundles, but then they end up getting tired of having to fertilize so much every 2 days. And the pots are not the same as the seed or bundle itself.

1593588571712.png

Yeah, I understand that, it's just that it wasn't the case until recently specifically for carpets.

Please do, and tell me if you need me to test something. If you'd like to see more examples of what used to be possible, I have large furniture that I've placed on carpets in various configurations during the past few years in pretty much every house on my character (IGN:Tristram). Another example:

View attachment 12411

I found this post on live forums: http://forums.archeagegame.com/show...st-of-other-furnitures)-Collider-Broken/page2 and the same issue happened on live shortly after 4.5 too (but it looks like Trion/XL never fixed it).

It looks like the bug is related to this patch note:

We've made it easier to use and re-collect items placed on a rug. - so either this change bugged the carpets or a later update (between 4.5 and 4.7) in interaction with that bugged them (they were 100% working before 4.5 because the house that I just posted the screenshot of was decorated long before 4.5, and since IIRC my bed/carpet screenshots are from 4.5 I'm thinking that 4.7 caused the issue).

Edit: I think I figured out the issue, with the help of that live post. It might just be a collision box issue - the previous collision boxes for carpets could have been really small (just the tiny bit in the center of each carpet), so you could place anything on them and overlap them with each other, and put them beneath other furniture... unless it collided with a small dot in the center of the carpet. That's sort of how I remember it working before. Again, I'm just guessing at how it worked technically, so I might be wrong. So if I'm correct and the carpet collision boxes from a previous version could be brought back, that would solve the issue without messing with any placement/large furniture/floor tags.
It's connected with collision but not exactly the way you think. I will not go into the technical details here but we found the actual issue, so you should be able to place large furniture on the carpets and rugs after the next maintenance.

Back