What's new

Suggestions

I know it isn't possible to create new chroma items, but what about a recolor via texture edit? Would be really nice to see some images and costumes recolored. :)

A number of Mass and UltraMass Production recipes for Seed Bundles are missing from game, is it possible to add them all? If not, could we get players feedback to add ones that are used a lot please?

Mushroom Spore
Thistle
Aloe
Potato eyes
Cucumber
Carrot
Onion
Iris
Lavender
Sunflower
Tomato
Garlic
Strawberry
Yam
Barley
Vanilla
Blueberry
Black pepper
Millet

A custom "Greenhouse" which has many seed beds (1-2 more than the max houses currently have, or more if you wanna get whacky with it), and built in sprinkler to instantly water surrounding plants. I notice a lot of houses are simply placed for their seed beds and nothing else. Maybe if this becomes a limited available structure like the solar, lunar, and stellar scarecrows, people would be more apt to choose the house with a lot of seed beds, instead of putting down multiple mushroom houses/thatches. So one house, instead of 4. Might open more land up and just be a nice house to have overall!

Make it so that items crafted with alchemy, such as opaque polish, small seed oil, small root pigement, can be put in the alchemists chest.

A custom Archerage music paper box for the inventory that lets one store up to 500 sheets would be really helpful. Currently the max size you can get is 70, which is not a lot when one's personal library is 200 songs and counting, and some are multiple pages long, since music sheets do not stack (for obvious reasons).

A custom Archerage music paper box for the inventory that lets one store up to 500 sheets would be really helpful. Currently the max size you can get is 70, which is not a lot when one's personal library is 200 songs and counting, and some are multiple pages long, since music sheets do not stack (for obvious reasons).
No. Chest limits cannot go that big. It won't fit on the screen and be unusable

Suggestion:
There is the music disc contest right now. I think based on how this is going it might be beneficial to the server to make every playlist that entered into discs and put into the marketplace. It honestly doesn't hurt anything and gives people a new avenue to spend credits. Win win for everyone involved and no one wasted their time or has a reason to feel bad about something related to the game.
I personally would love to see my disc in game, but if it meant that others would get theirs I'm happy to sacrifice my own playlist to show that I'm serious. Don't discourage future event goers with a hurdle like guild bomb/popularity contest wins. The Archerage team should have been the judges from the start.

THEN
Run this same contest next year and make it so the archerage team chooses the favorite 10 playlists and put those in next year. I feel that would increase the turnout and make this more of a fun event than the way it has been.

This time around it would be fair to just make everyone's. There is at least one person who REALLY wants each playlist. More options in a sandbox is generally the better thing.
Just my 2 cents. I would be willing to track down the best quality/size ratio audio for EVERYONE's playlists as well if it would help.

Last edited:
Do you suggest adding new sounds to the instruments or using sounds from one instrument for another? First is not possible for us to do, second is just not a good idea as each instrument should keep its own sound.
I think if I am understanding you, it's more the first one. As I understand it, the game uses your computer's default dls library for music patches, and each instrument accesses those. Each patch number is associated with a General midi instrument for playback. When you play a catspaw recorder that sounds like a recorder for instance, the instrument is using dls patch 75. If you compare ingame instrument mml playback to output from the dls in your computer you might notice it is nearly identical, and why this is true if you have a different default dls.

I would be proposing you make a unique copy of the flamesinger lute, (call it something neat, like IceSinger Lute,) and instead of using patch 37(slap bass 1) or 38 (Slap Bass 2) Have it use patch 34 Fingered bass or patch 36 Fretless bass. Either of those would end up being much nicer for people who like to do music ensembles.
I understand this may be impossible, but since your team was able to make the darkwind, Ice/Ig/Mooneer deers and Mahees I thought it wasn't outside of the realm of possibility. Just look for whatever Identifier/modifiers on the instrument are pointing to gm patches 37/38 and that would be my guess without looking at your tools as to where to find it.
If this is something you can do, also consider a flute using patch 81 (squarewave) Call it Cosmic Flute or something neat too.

If you need any clarification I am happy to provide.

Last edited:
Increasing a range may be good for you but annoying to other players who don't want to listen to your music and having their own music mixed with yours at great distances may be irritating for them.
Im suggesting not a HUGE increase just a little more like 25 - 35 m from the cart. You can only really hear it currently from about 6-10? I don't know it seems so small an area. Maybe make the increase only for raids.
Regarding people having a problem with it, I think that could be a self regulating concern which isnt much different than people using music instruments to play their own sheet music. Maybe include an option to mute disc music for players as well. It sounds like there are more opportunities for players to have a good time with it than there are trolls. Maybe allow purpling on it to not accumulate crime points.
In a sandbox, More options = better almost 90% of the time.

Suggestion:
There is the music disc contest right now. I think based on how this is going it might be beneficial to the server to put everyone's discs into the marketplace. It honestly doesn't hurt anything and gives people a new avenue to spend credits. Win win for everyone involved. Run this same contest next year and make it so the archerage team chooses the favorite 10 playlists and put those in next year. I feel that would increase the turnout and make this more of a fun event than the way it has been.

This time around it would be fair to just make everyone's. There is at least one person who REALLY wants each playlist. More options in a sandbox generally the better thing.
Just my 2 cents. I would be willing to track down the best quality/size ratio audio for EVERYONE's playlists as well if it would help.
That would spam the market place filled with too many discs. That is why the event is held. Keep the total down with what people want most there

That would spam the market place filled with too many discs. That is why the event is held. Keep the total down with what people want most there
Totally understand that.
Thank you for your response.
Couldn't that be solved with a music disc tab?

Honestly it sounds like a good problem to have. Imagine someone coming to the server for the first time, and they see it all. There is bound to be something in there that they would buy.

A number of Mass and UltraMass Production recipes for Seed Bundles are missing from game, is it possible to add them all? If not, could we get players feedback to add ones that are used a lot please?

Mushroom Spore
Thistle
Aloe
Potato eyes
Cucumber
Carrot
Onion
Iris
Lavender
Sunflower
Tomato
Garlic
Strawberry
Yam
Barley
Vanilla
Blueberry
Black pepper
Millet
Previously only the most popular crafts were added. We'll add those from your list as well.

Back