What's new

Support pack Mk.II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrRageQuit

New support pack has obviously upset people who have claimed the previous pack and not been able to close the gap to the new stuff. Couldn't the pack be made available for those who have not reached a set gearscore threshold, instead of having them delete their accounts?
Dont know if theres any way to track a players record gearscore to prevent people gaming the system but it seems wrong to deny people because they made the "mistake" of signing up too early..

Some of these people may have donated and to insist they lose it all to get a level footing with someone who signed up 20 minutes ago doesnt seem right.

Personally i'm happy with anything that helps get more people into fighting shape quicker. But it absolutely should not be at the cost of those already loyal to the game.

Thoughts?

Thank you, RageQuit.

The situation:
The new support pack gives an approx 4.1k gs
The gear is made up of entirely Divine bits of armour, including some Delphinad gear.
Not a typo. Literal Dephinad accessories.

Our lad "SoftcoreTrashtalk" did the math. This is approx 15k+ worth of gear.

"But what about current players, or people who got their pack within the last 2 or 3 months?"
Well the official reply from Sparkle is to throw away your months of work, new players, and just start again!

How dare you speak to them like that, Sparkle.
New players are the absolute life blood of this game. For you to turn around for whatever reason and decide this was acceptable is 100% out of line. You owe them an apology.
Furthermore, you then staying silent after the insulting everyone and refusing to answer further questions is disgraceful behaviour.
You should be absolutely ashamed of yourself.

SOLUTIONS:
I'm not the kind of person to just complain, and not provide a solution. So here are three.
Give the pack to everyone:
Make it the new standard. Nobody has to delete their accounts. Nobody has to quit in anger. Make Divine T5 obsidian and the delphinad the new default.
Revert the pack to what it was previously:
Give new players the exact same start we all did. If they're only joining to get good gear, then they will not stay and you are badly hurting players who have stuck with the server for months now.
Make the current gear in the pack unable to be upgraded, or traded.
There have been 50+ new pack requests in the last hour or two. We all know this is not legit. It's people who already play, hopping on the gravy train. To stop this and make sure it benefits new players only, just make it gear that has a downside to it as previously mentioned.

Overall, I am utterly disgusted with how this has been handled. There has been huge community backlash, and the best reply we could get was "delete urself my man" and then total radio silence and being ignored.

I seriously believe Rage is the best version of the game, with talented devs, but you WILL destroy the game if you hand this pack out, and shit on all the previous players. There is still time to fix this, so please do.

Attachments

• Sparkle 1.PNG
    Sparkle 1.PNG
    25.2 KB · Views: 300
  • Sparkle 2.PNG
    Sparkle 2.PNG
    20.3 KB · Views: 293
  • Newbie 1.PNG
    Newbie 1.PNG
    12.3 KB · Views: 274
  • Newbie 2.PNG
    Newbie 2.PNG
    23.4 KB · Views: 275
Ok, so to reitterate what i've said in the discord, breaking down the new pack, before we knew it included delph gear.

it's full t5, 8 pieces in total, or
600 abyssal crystals
300 moonlight archium essence
180 sunlight archeum essence
misc non-tradeable mats
all of it is divine so we'll assume you're luck is godly.... thats 6 scrolls per item, 48 scrolls total.

at current market value of 32g per scrolls, 15g per moonlight, 20g per sunlight you get a total of 1536 in scrolls, 4500 in moonlight, 3600 in sunlight.... or roughly 10k total value just in the scrolls and essence alone, not counting the cost for any failed regrade attempts, or the regrade cost itself, which easily can add up to another 3200g just in regrade FEES, still assuming perfect rng.

after you figure in farming the abyssal crystals, the time it'd take to get the gold, and farm the misc mats, you're looking at easily months of time they're getting for free, and the best part is, you cant even argue "lol just buy credits" on it because the actual market value of the items unbound is so far beyond that crafting price you're talking hundreds of dollars in credits to "catch up" to the noobies... or we could just give it to everyone, call it the new baseline, and move on with our lives.

Agreed, the simple (tho not ideal) solution now is to give it to everyone. Still cant shake the feeling its a bit to much for someone who "just started" to already have this stuff, but you are at least not completely screwing the older players that are not the top 10% nolife.
Same, I'm all for giving new players a startup, but without shafting old players. This does just that. Giving people something to work towards is what gets them to stay. If you give them too much from the start, they get bored and leave.

Agreed, the simple (tho not ideal) solution now is to give it to everyone. Still cant shake the feeling its a bit to much for someone who "just started" to already have this stuff, but you are at least not completely screwing the older players that are not the top 10% nolife.

Totally agree with this. Someone in my guild got their pack begining of October. So they are really behind everyone now. Bless them.

i agree kinda unfair that new players get to
  • Warrior’s T5 Weapon Crystal (3 Divine items)
  • Warrior’s T5 Armor Crystal (5 Divine items)
  • Delphinad Magic Bag (2 Divine belt or sleeves)
when two weeks ago when i joined only got celestial and no
  • Delphinad Magic Bag (2 Divine belt or sleeves) still have thoes slots empty since most belts and sleeves are overpriced are overpriced.

New support pack has obviously upset people who have claimed the previous pack and not been able to close the gap to the new stuff. Couldn't the pack be made available for those who have not reached a set gearscore threshold, instead of having them delete their accounts?
Dont know if theres any way to track a players record gearscore to prevent people gaming the system but it seems wrong to deny people because they made the "mistake" of signing up too early..

Some of these people may have donated and to insist they lose it all to get a level footing with someone who signed up 20 minutes ago doesnt seem right.

Personally i'm happy with anything that helps get more people into fighting shape quicker. But it absolutely should not be at the cost of those already loyal to the game.

Thoughts?

Its great helping out the new players, but this feels kinda meh, i have bin playing for 2 months and donated 100s and i have only uppgrade one of the support pack gear to divine and they are still t2-t3, so the deleting my account and making a new sounds really appealing, which is so sad =/

Same, I'm all for giving new players a startup, but without shafting old players. This does just that. Giving people something to work towards is what gets them to stay. If you give them too much from the start, they get bored and leave.
yes, the new support pack gives pretty much everything a "geared player" needs safe for gems, but those are easy to slot now

not only this completely screws over players who didn't create account in last few days, but it removes gear progression for the newer guys, and gear progression is a major factor in keeping people playing this game, as is now, ppl come, get free gear, do some messing around and leave, nothing tying them back and keeping them in, no time or effort invested to convince them to stay

@Sparkle the support pack should be toned down to both get in line with people who started recently and got the old one and to offer at least minimal gear progression, this is same as cheats in singleplayer game, give yourself all the good gear and u lose interest in the game fast, whoever touched cheats in skyrim can probably second me on this

Last edited:

Thoughts?
Exactly! I have been playing for a couple of months and its hard to get decent gear and not get 1 shot in pvp lol, but at the same time its a goal and a motivation to farm new gear, but to have new people be handled this gear without the hard work, its a bit disappointing and frustrating. :|

I suggested a long-ass time ago to give new players Soulforged gear since it's dead-end and not able to be regraded or upgraded any further, which would improve retention since full gemmed Soulforged gear gets you to around 4.5k GS and it doesn't give players a chance to blow a piece up and be naked and quit, gives them enough resources to be able to farm up their real gear, and allow them to feel like they're doing something in events and dungeons. The suggestion was met with "that's a stupid idea" and it was ultimately ignored. Seems like it would've been a better option than telling players who recently joined to fuck off like this :rolleyes:

I suggested a long-ass time ago to give new players Soulforged gear since it's dead-end and not able to be regraded or upgraded any further, which would improve retention since full gemmed Soulforged gear gets you to around 4.5k GS and it doesn't give players a chance to blow a piece up and be naked and quit, gives them enough resources to be able to farm up their real gear, and allow them to feel like they're doing something in events and dungeons. The suggestion was met with "that's a stupid idea" and it was ultimately ignored. Seems like it would've been a better option than telling players who recently joined to fuck off like this :rolleyes:

That is literally the perfect solution. Why was this not used?

Furthermore, you then staying silent after the insulting everyone and refusing to answer further questions is disgraceful behaviour.

In Sparkles defense, sorta, the server did start to shit itself midway through the tantrums on discord. However the response in itself of just deleting your shit and start again isnt acceptable.

Its great helping out the new players, but this feels kinda meh, i have bin playing for 2 months and donated 100s and i have only uppgrade one of the support pack gear to divine and they are still t2-t3, so the deleting my account and making a new sounds really appealing, which is so sad =/

This is absolutely my point. Theres no way someone like you should be expected to give up your donation just to get in line with someone who just signed up.

In Sparkles defense, sorta, the server did start to shit itself midway through the tantrums on discord. However the response in itself of just deleting your shit and start again isnt acceptable.

Yeah but it takes 30 seconds to say "That may not have been an appropriate response, I apologize and will address this complaint in full later on."
I'm pretty sure it took me less than 30 seconds to type that out, even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back