What's new

Tax Cert Production

Scylon

I was just curious if this is something that the devs are planning to look at.

With the increase in Labour gains it is now easier for people to hold onto larger amounts of land. As such single people can hold many properties where before this wouldn't be possible after a week.

I'm not suggesting we lower labour counts, because this benefits those who don't have land. I am thinking the certs need a harsher cost to balance out those with and those without property.

Anyone else think this is a good idea? Let me know below.

Oh, BTW I do own land so this is more to tackle, or put a hold on land hoarders, not land owners.

Easiest way to deal with this is to limit how many properties a person can down.

Limit it too three, problem solved.

What a stupid idea, I didnt land rush at all. I joined a family and we ran packs together and make 2k gold and bought land. Currently I have 5 24x24 2 16x16 farms 1 16x16 house 3 8x8's and 4 aquafarms.

I payed for every spot except the aqua farms. Go make gold and quit crying.

This is to Kaladina BTW

Increasing the labor cost of bound tax certs won't do anything to address your concern. Unbound tax certs are in the marketplace for dirt cheap, and additionally credits aren't difficult to come across (outside of times like the current, where donations are unvailable).

Increasing the labor cost of bound tax certs won't do anything to address your concern. Unbound tax certs are in the marketplace for dirt cheap, and additionally credits aren't difficult to come across (outside of times like the current, where donations are unvailable).

Indeed. Maybe taking them off the cash shop might be an option to add to that. Labour ones are bound I believe.

Indeed. Maybe taking them off the cash shop might be an option to add to that. Labour ones are bound I believe.
Whether that idea works or not I would say depends on the amount of tax certs that are purchased, on average, from the marketplace. If their revenue is significantly impacted by tax cert purchases, it would be unwise to remove them from the marketplace.
In either case... I'm not sure I like the idea too much. I think it's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Absolute freedom is one of the biggest draws to the game, and I don't think we should be working against that philosophy for the sake of equality -- after all, we all start on the same foot. Some people just played the system better than the rest of us.

I agree to a point. There will always be people without a plot of land. Myself and my friends all share our plots so we can have a house and farms etc.

I just was looking out for the little guy so to speak and make having land vs not more of an impact. As things are right now you can own 10 plots with very little impact. I'm not suggesting someone can't have 10 plots if they want to. I am just saying if they do that, they need to be actually taxed (in labour) to keep a hold of it.

Right now, because of the high labour regen making certs is cheap. Buying them either cash shop or AH is as well.

What a stupid idea, I didnt land rush at all. I joined a family and we ran packs together and make 2k gold and bought land. Currently I have 5 24x24 2 16x16 farms 1 16x16 house 3 8x8's and 4 aquafarms.

I payed for every spot except the aqua farms. Go make gold and quit crying.

This is to Kaladina BTW

... I'm not crying though? I don't actually have an issue with any of it. No big deal to me, I don't actually care about land. Don't know what you're going on about. I merely offered the best way to change the lack of land to OP, who isn't you.

So get off your high horse.

Anyways, OP, changing tax certs in anyway won't really help. If you really want to help open more land the best way to do it is to simply limit the amount of land each account can own. Back when Reckoning and Vengeance first opened Trion made it so you couldn't have more than 2 unbuilt pieces of land at any given time. It helped but this server has a bigger population.

No big deal to me, I don't actually care about land.
Then perhaps you should not be talking about a subject you don't care about?

Back when Reckoning and Vengeance first opened Trion made it so you couldn't have more than 2 unbuilt pieces of land at any given time.
Which is exactly how it works here.

There is no land problem on this server. I rushed some really great land spots on day 1 and got 2 treehouses and a 16 down within an hour of the server starting. Later that week, I tore it all up and consolidated most of it with my family into windscour where there was literally 80% land still available even a week after launch and with unlimited p2w treehouses in the cash shop.

This is the _exact_ same thing that happened on the 3.0 fresh start, only it's less of a problem here. Land rush was, and is, the name of the game. This server actually had plenty of open land for almost 2 weeks. The saleable land is starting to get certed now also. Make gold and start hunting, the same way it worked for literally everyone who did not join on day 1 on official FS and everyone who could not be bothered to play here for the first week.

If you are desperate for some land, get some designs ready for next sunday when up to 4 new land zones will become active. There will also be people looking to demo their spots cheap in anticipation of the auroria land which you should be able to pick up.

The crying over people able to reliably hold 10+ pieces of land is kind of ridiculous. Labor regen is 4x here compared to official servers. So it makes sense that you would be able to reliably hold and farm 4x the land as on official.

Start preping now if you want to get in on the auroria land opening up.

If you really want to help open more land the best way to do it is to simply limit the amount of land each account can own.
All this does is delay the issue, not fix it. You're still going to hit the point where new players simply cannot get land without buying it off someone.

The crying over people able to reliably hold 10+ pieces of land is kind of ridiculous. Labor regen is 4x here compared to official servers. So it makes sense that you would be able to reliably hold and farm 4x the land as on official.

Start preping now if you want to get in on the auroria land opening up.

This...I pulled up all my land, finished my 16x16 quest, and turned it into a Gazebo in 20 mins after reading that castles are getting claimed. Wished I didn't pull up my land but now atleast I'm ready for next sunday, I'll probably snipe a spot far away from the logs and waters so not to compete with the hackers or pirates.

All this does is delay the issue, not fix it. You're still going to hit the point where new players simply cannot get land without buying it off someone.
Land is not infinite on any version of this game, there will always be such a point as you describe.

Your point is invalid.

I was just curious if this is something that the devs are planning to look at.

With the increase in Labour gains it is now easier for people to hold onto larger amounts of land. As such single people can hold many properties where before this wouldn't be possible after a week.

I'm not suggesting we lower labour counts, because this benefits those who don't have land. I am thinking the certs need a harsher cost to balance out those with and those without property.

Anyone else think this is a good idea? Let me know below.

Oh, BTW I do own land so this is more to tackle, or put a hold on land hoarders, not land owners.

I do agree taxes should be raised as its not an issue at all to craft plenty of them right now. I dont think it will change much tho. In 3.0 I believe they change the taxes to increse much more then 2.9 for having over a certain amount of properties.

Even with raising the price of taxes, I dont think it will change much. We still have tons of labor, especially if you stock up most of your labor potions from the stipend and tax certs are cheap from the Marketplace even if you didnt have enough labor to make your own.

Yea but that's literally part of the game. The amount of land will always be limited and new players will always need to buy land off someone once the available land is gone, no matter what you do.

You can only put a band aid on the issue.

The best thing that OP and others can do at this point is wait for Castles and either try to snag land in Auroria or wait for people to pull up their land in West and East.

Just because I don't want land for myself does not mean I don't care about the subject? I'll talk about any subject I damn well want.

Last edited:

As I said, this is always going to be the case. It is easier with friends to get land cause you can work together especially if you stack 8x8.

I am finding on this server you don't "Need" land to get the stuff you want. However if you really are invested in getting a house/farm then you'll need to buy it off someone or hunt around for a demo. It is the nature of the game and I don't want that to change really.

My idea about more tax is to make people who have lots of land have to pay for it. People who don't have land would have access to a larger labour pool.

Back