What's new

Tax increase (again) - Quick thought

10th buildings and over count toward the monopoly: 36 (total property) - 9 = 27
increase per properties % is based on the total count: 36 -> 15%/each
Monopoly (applied to every properties) = 27 * 15% = 405%
Not looking for a general mathematic response.

I want @Sjinderson to explain his comment: "53 properties all getting 20% increased tax. Its not progressive."

I do not have 36 properties with a 15% tax increase. I have 36 properties with a 405% tax increase.

Last edited:
No because thats not whats occurs and your maths was wrong in the first place.
This (5x44)+(10x44)+(15x44)+(20x44) = 2200 is completely off the mark. Frankly I have no idea where you got 44 properties from for the example sasin when they have 53 high tax buildings. That 53 High tax buildings does not incorporate heavy tax exempt either while the increasing monopoly tax does.
The tax changes are additional to the already existing tax per building increases.

What is actually wrong is if you do that tax calculation from the mail. 50 taxes + a 2205% increase is not 6915. Its 1152.5 before the game rounds the number up.

What happen here is that the old overtax system is applied on top, with the the monopoly increased as base: 1152.5 * 500% = 6915.
Not like the order really matter at that point tho. The whole concept went just overboard, cumulate it with the old base increase is the cherry on top!

What happen here is that the old overtax system is applied on top, with the the monopoly increased as base: 1152.5 * 500% = 6915.
Not like the order really matter at that point tho. The whole concept went just overboard, cumulate it with the old base increase is the cherry on top!
I'm aware that its still applying. However 1152.5 * 500% is not 6915

Well, I think they went out of hand with the increase in tax if it is about us taking things I think that is not the solution I occupy all my land and I use it a lot but the increase in tax especially happens if it is Remove everything then all the properties are removed but then how do you make gold if it is the way that is best farmed I am sure that like me and many more use that method even and if I grow them like us I doubt that the economy will move much in the server which when seeing more tax sales people will decide to increase them since it is the only thing that will give them gold then the house system and I farm with packs and that will be obsolete I think they would have to fix that since many people have gold thanks to those land and also donors will not sell anything if those who play farming in the game will not be able to buy anything to which the economy is stagnant taxes rise and everything but the gold remains the same the packs do not give more gold than they gave or give more tax for the same lab or I think they would have to rethink that and many people will remove their land and they will not have much to do on the server also many people have the problem of high tax costs I leave this message because if everything remains the same I will lose my land and My desire to continue playing, they will go with them, greetings and have a nice day

I only know that I need my lands to make packs and obtain gold necessary to upload jewelry and gear to ethernal. If the gold obtained goes to tax, it could not be raised. My farms are always in use I don't have unproductive land but if I can't pay for them and I can't upload my equipment I will have to do like some of my friends leave the server today there are almost no people we couldn't even co-raid in golden plain. 20 people in Cr I think he's saying something. Please understand that without gold no one will buy credits either, so the donor will be harmed if the gold goes to tax and equipment, no one will need an extra mount or glider for credits. I think we need an answer. I have a single mansion and a mining company, the rest are gazebos and farms to plant and raise animals but a mansion at 660 tax and gazebos at 198 tax seems excessive to me. I would like to know if it is modified. Thanks

Then explain this please.

View attachment 16622

View attachment 16623

Each of my properties got a 405% tax increase. I own 36 properties total. 27 are high-tax, 9 are heavy-tax exempt.
Not looking for a general mathematic response.

I want @Sjinderson to explain his comment: "53 properties all getting 20% increased tax. Its not progressive."

I do not have 36 properties with a 15% tax increase. I have 36 properties with a 405% tax increase.

@Sjinderson answer me please. Explain your comment:

if you have 53 properties you have 53 properties all getting 20% increased tax. Its not progressive.

Explain why i have 36 properties (27 taxed, 8 store-bought heavy-tax exempt, 1 fellowship plaza heavy-tax exempt) and all 36 properties now have an extra 405% tax increase.

According to what you said, i should have 36 properties all getting 15% increased tax. But what i have is 36 properties all getting 405% increased tax.

This is not a general question for anyone else to answer. I want @Sjinderson to explain this.

@Sjinderson answer me please. Explain your comment:

Explain why i have 36 properties (27 taxed, 8 store-bought heavy-tax exempt, 1 fellowship plaza heavy-tax exempt) and all 36 properties now have an extra 405% tax increase.

According to what you said, i should have 36 properties all getting 15% increased tax. But what i have is 36 properties all getting 405% increased tax.

This is not a general question for anyone else to answer. I want @Sjinderson to explain this.
This was in related to Aviendha's maths. Its not progressive in counting 5% then 10% then 15%. Its just a multiple of 5,10 or 15 depending on your max building count
Your monopoly tax is calculated as follows.
Total building count determines the bracket of % increase
Take your total -9 and you get your multiplyer

You have 405% tax as explained by whitehat.
its not 15% increased tax on each. Its 15% increased per building to each building.
So 36 total properties -9 * 15% which is 405% monopoly tax applied to all buildings.

Your tax is calculated as
Base * Monopoly Tax + Base * Building count tax.
So for your stone chalet it is as follows
25 *405% +25 *500%
Or to calculate it
25*405/100+25*6 that comes to 757.5 / 758 when rounded

For the beanstalk as its heavy tax exempt its just 50*405%
So 50*405/100+50 which is 252.5 / 253 when rounded.

This was in related to Aviendha's maths. Its not progressive in counting 5% then 10% then 15%. Its just a multiple of 5,10 or 15 depending on your max building count
Your monopoly tax is calculated as follows.
Total building count determines the bracket of % increase
Take your total -9 and you get your multiplyer

You have 405% tax as explained by whitehat.
its not 15% increased tax on each. Its 15% increased per building to each building.
So 36 total properties -9 * 15% which is 405% monopoly tax applied to all buildings.

Your tax is calculated as
Base * Monopoly Tax + Base * Building count tax.
So for your stone chalet it is as follows
25 *405% +25 *500%
Or to calculate it
25*405/100+25*6 that comes to 757.5 / 758 when rounded

For the beanstalk as its heavy tax exempt its just 50*405%
So 50*405/100+50 which is 252.5 / 253 when rounded.
As for Whitehat's math, that's the same math i've been doing since yesterday morning when i saw all this crap. The math was not my question. Your comment was my question because your comment was misleading and incorrect about this tax hike.

WHY was this implemented? What is the result you/the devs are looking for with this? There was already open land everywhere, there is no issue with available land. You have just driven off even more of your playerbase than have already left, and not by choice necessarily, but by the simple fact that we can no longer afford to play the game. You just kicked some of us out the door, our wallets coming with us in our pockets. This was ridiculous. It needs to be reversed, and very quickly. People are already leaving the game because of this tax hike.

I found this list somewhere else, but these points work here just the same:

Reasons this should be reverted
- undisclosed custom change
- no opportunity for discussion
- last minute implementation
- adds cost but not reward
- promotes p2w which is misaligned with projected server values.

Last edited:
Changes to the system are being implemented tomorrow.
Details will be posted by Lachesis soon

Changes to the system are being implemented tomorrow.
Details will be posted by Lachesis soon
Will the overboard taxes be rolled over when the patch hits, or will they be recalculated? I've noticed pulling down properties doesn't seem to affect taxes that are already sitting in your mailbox.

If you've been mailed a tax mail to pay then likely not.
your prepay menu should auto update
So pulling the property down and rebuilding it(after the patch) should be a way to apply the tax changes?

Edit: So the prepay would "count" as paying the new updated taxes? I've never used the prepay system so I'm unsure of how that works. If so that could save us the headache of demoing and rebuilding our properties.

So pulling the property down and rebuilding it(after the patch) should be a way to apply the tax changes?
Edit: So the prepay would "count" as paying the new updated taxes? I've never used the prepay system so I'm unsure of how that works.
Yes demo'ing and rebuilding would force a tax update and remove the mail if you'd been sent the pay taxes for the building mail

Hello.
We're deploying an adjustment to the system tomorrow based on your feedback.
This should address a number of issues that cropped up with insanely high tax values.
Check the restart thread for more details. [LINK]

Last edited:
A very quick spreadsheet calculation estimated an approximate 84% increase for me.

Better than 405%? Yes.

Fixed? Nope. Still can't afford it. Still kills my game. Still forces me off the server.

Hello.
We're deploying an adjustment to the system tomorrow based on your feedback.
This should address a number of issues that cropped up with insanely high tax values.
Check the restart thread for more details. [LINK]
So my heavy tax-exempt properties still count against me? Literally all this does is make me pull down my non-heavy tax-exempt properties, aka the public stuff I pay taxes on for the community's sake. It's nice to know the admins don't appreciate those that bought loot boxes to support the server....I mean...it's not like that was the entire freggin point of heavy-tax exemption properties locked behind a paywall....

Expect to see most public buildings go extinct, especially fellowships since you literally can't set those to private and they take up a shit-ton of space. Congratulations, you've done it....you managed to surpass both Gamigo and Trion. In both greed and decreasing Quality-of-life for the players, and those guys were artists at doing that.

Edit: Also, if Zeirlynn is out then I'm out too. Updating community resources and timers is a multi-person job, and I'm not going to break my back for a server run by admins that don't appreciate their supporters.

Last edited:
I understand your frustration, but using land-based taxes as opposed to the number of buildings is a more fair way to go around it to the rest of the playerbase, as well as it will help to smooth out the curve - certain land owners have seen tax increases up to multiple thousands of %.
I am aware that you're one of the top 5 largest plot owners on the server and the new tax increase is quite a burden, but it is also a luxury tax in a way to be able to own this much.
The devs view this tax as necessary, but it potentially might be further adjusted in the future as it's still being finetuned.

I understand your frustration, but using land-based taxes as opposed to the number of buildings is a more fair way to go around it to the rest of the playerbase, as well as it will help to smooth out the curve - certain land owners have seen tax increases up to multiple thousands of %.
I am aware that you're one of the top 5 largest plot owners on the server and the new tax increase is quite a burden, but it is also a luxury tax in a way to be able to own this much.
The devs view this tax as necessary, but it potentially might be further adjusted in the future as it's still being finetuned.
Well, it's a personal choice for the devs to penalize those who bought loot box heavy-tax-exempt properties.

It's also a personal choice for the players to stop supporting them after being penalized for doing so.

There's alot of competition in the mmo space right now, pissing off supporters is probably not a smart move.

WHY!? Why is this necessary???

"... further adjusted in the future..." will be too late for some. We do not have much storage, except for in our houses. We have otherwordly chests and the like to store bound items that we can never get again. We have furniture and decor that is bound and unique. We have special houses even. And we have tons of chests full of resources and stuff. If we lose that, we can't get it back. If i lose everything, if i'm forced out, there is no coming back from that, because i've already lost everything. This is taking away my only reason for logging in every day. What am i supposed to do, log in and look at the grass where i used to have a house?

I can barely afford my taxes already. It has taken a long time and multiple adjustments and strategizing and re-strategizing to find a balance to farm resources on my land to make gold to buy taxes from the auction house to pay for the land, balanced with all the farming/gathering labor and the tax crafting labor. It has been a struggle to pay for what i have. Why are you punishing me even more? I can't do more. I'm at my max limit. I can't afford more.

WHY???

Back