Technical server restart 2 pm 3/31

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
AmX1DgT.png

Technical server restart at 2 pm 3/31!
Duration time 30 minutes.

This new update crashes my nVidia drivers. I've tried to get in twice and it crashes it twice. This happens when I select the server.

I don't overclock or anything. It worked perfectly fine until this update hit. Works fine on the public test server.

Is the private server running a different DirectX than your PTS server ?

I have no idea. I need to check my game graphics settings if I can get to that here. It shouldn't matter though. I should be able to use DX9 or DX11. But AA is famous for problems so who knows. Maybe a simple resave of the graphics settings will make the game happy again.

The problem seems to be with DX11 since the server restart. At first my settings were DX11 and multithreaded rendering on. Game crashes. I disabled multithreaded rendering. Game still crashes. I switched to DX9. Game works. I enable multithreaded rendering. Game works. I switch to DX11. Game crashes. Mind you when it crashes it takes my video driver with it. I also updated to the latest nVidia driver when this happened and the problem was unchanged. Will try a computer reboot just in case.

After a shut down and restart the problem persists. Guess I'll have to play using DX9 until this problem is resolved.

Is this just a restart or is it doing the gilda packs? Loving 3.0 so far though!

It was a Technical one only. Gilda Starts changes rest will most likely be on Tuesday. We'll post the updates list together with the next restart announcement as usual.

The problem seems to be with DX11 since the server restart. At first my settings were DX11 and multithreaded rendering on. Game crashes. I disabled multithreaded rendering. Game still crashes. I switched to DX9. Game works. I enable multithreaded rendering. Game works. I switch to DX11. Game crashes. Mind you when it crashes it takes my video driver with it. I also updated to the latest nVidia driver when this happened and the problem was unchanged. Will try a computer reboot just in case.

ArcheAge is known to have problems with DX11 as it's not actually DX11. It's a modified version of DX10 and runs terribly. Should always run DX9 .

Back