What's new

That moment when you get a 5g trade pack after opening 700 sunken chests

Should Perdita Torsos be 1000g packs again?

• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
Unfortunately this was changed to combat Bots, on live trion servers the bots would teleport from spot to spot taking 100% of them and ruining treasure hunting. So it was in the best interest to make this change.

We do not foresee that anytime in the near future this gets changed. Sorry.

700 sunken chests... you can get some ship regrades (worth good gold) also scraps for submarine (get 100 and sell the design for good gold), delphinad pottery (100g pack). I must say that GMs could increase the perdita also for 100g, cause its more rare than delphinad pottery.

Well yep, i tend to do sunken chests from time to time and yup, low money there but compensates with the designs and scrolls at least.

Just make them the same price as the pottery packs so they have at least some sort of worth to turn in.

I've said the same thing, but they wont' fix it. I am all for taking measures to curb botting/cheats, but this is too far. If I'm somewhere I can kill myself quick, it's not so bad, I can at least get back to work fast. It shouldn't be that way.

If you wont up the value, can you make the packs removable at sea?

Using bots as a reason to not bump it up to 100 gold is dumb. Pottery packs are 100 gold. Why not make those 5 gold too? Unless there is a way to determine if a chest is going to spawn a statue or not (which I highly fucking doubt considering its turned into a new object once it finishes its rising animation but if there is then why are pottery chests not being turned in in bulk and their prices not been adjusted?) then there is no reason as to why it cannot be on par with the pottery packs.

It would be nice to have an answer on this other than "No cuz bots lol" Why is it that 100 gold makes you concerned about bots? Why is it not the case with the pottery packs then?

The guys running the server have access to information that we do not have. If that information gives a reason as to why it is a bad idea to make them 100 gold then please share it with us. You have to understand; all of us players are on the outside looking in. We can only make complaints and offer suggestions based on what we can see. Blanket answers like "Bots" is not a satisfying answer. Fuck, I think most of us would take a "because honestly we do not want to change it" as an answer. At least then we can stop asking for a change.

Last edited:
true i found 4 perditas so far and the last one, i dropped on land. Its useless.

I never find them anywhere near land. If I could only find them near some island that I could drop them on I'd be fine, or if they could be put into a tradepack holder I could spawn my clipper, and leave it till it despawns with it, or if the old glitch that let you spawn your cart/freighter on the bottom of the sea would work and you could put it in there and leave it till that despawned...

This was changed on launch to combat Bots, on live trion servers the bots would teleport from spot to spot taking 100% of them and ruining treasure hunting. So it was in the best interest to make this change. At the moment there is no talk about changing this back sorry.

Back