What's new

the guild experience system

I thought it was going to give get experience from the wording of it and coming out after the discussion of guilds not being able to generate enough experience, just like dahmer suggest I think the best solution would be for these quests to give a small amount, enough that a small guild can offset the cost of them and a larger active one can generate some on top of it, it's not like an alt guild can do these quest taking in mind that most of them go from annoying to hard.

Ideally the extra experience on the larger guilds would mean they'll sell the extra to smaller ones to help them level.

TripleDip and Aviendha, I don't understand your complaint about lack of xp for guild functions. You don't even have guild functions unlocked.

We are working on it and in the process find out how shitty the new system is. Keep in mind, we got hold of this guild quite recently, and we have a decent small group of people now with who to finish the quests. As a result, we have seen HOW HARD/EXPENSIVE IT IS to get experience to level+ to pay for the buffs once we unlock them this week.

And then you add MORE experience required content while we are pointing out the flaws of the system?

As noted before, EVERYONE looked forward to ALL of the custom guild content, but you are forcing end level guilds to choose what they need and make it near impossible for other guilds to even consider using it, and expect end level guilds to "sell" their much needed experience, which they basically can't.

Would like to remind you of the suggestions so far:

Things I suggested before:
- custom event on somewhat regular basis for extra guild experience
- decreasing the craft cost of experia

Finetuning the amount of experience needed is definitely worth considering too, as yea, the population of our server can't be compared to live. Also, the amount of small level 1 guilds that keep popping, they are having a hard time, I'm sure. At least I got this guild at lv5, saved some trouble.

I also miss the old guild mission daily that was guild leader exclusive, back when we still needed guild ribbons to upgrade the guild. Once you completed the mission for the ribbon, as a guild leader you'd get an extra world boss mission for 200 guild exp. Is it possible to have this mission back, without the ribbons? That would be helpful too.
That is a good idea, actually. We already have the same system for staying in the guild rankings, which makes it easier for new people to find active guilds there.

My addition to this suggestion would be to make it an extra exp requirement on top of the rankings one.

Example, my guild is level 6 and we need 3000 exp weekly to stay in the rankings. I'd say, the required exp for the buffs could go in stages on top of that.

Level 6 guild options:
- 3k exp for rankings
- 4k exp for rankings, upgraded store
- 5k exp for rankings, upgraded store, upgraded buff
- 6k exp for rankings, upgraded store, upgraded buff, quests
- 7k exp for rankings, upgraded store, upgraded buff, quests, bank
(updated to include new content)

~

Last note:
This feels just the same as talking about the Kraken Cultist, which wasn't supposed to be a world boss but SURE LOOKED LIKE IT, and even then you didn't listen and just kept saying "it's not a world boss" until after HOURS of discussion you finally decided to nerf it to make it an ACTUAL non-world boss.

It took a while but you finally saw what was wrong, I hope you will seriously consider changes for the guild experience situation too. Use our feedback.

We will add the opportunity for the guilds to obtain more XP. But guilds will still need to stay active to receive it.
The details on what those changes are will be posted in the update thread when ready.

We will add the opportunity for the guilds to obtain more XP. But guilds will still need to stay active to receive it.
The details on what those changes are will be posted in the update thread when ready.

Is this in the form of gaining XP from the new daily quests?

Tomorrow. You'll see all the details tomorrow.

I do sincerely hope it will make a difference in the experience gain.

With our more active group now we made 12k experience last week, including me planting experia for everyone to harvest.

We opened the functions finally halfway last week but it is disappointing to find out:
Activating the dailies/shop/bank: 3k experience
Activating the buffs: 6k experience

Even if we "cleverly choose" what things we want, cuz hell ye we've wanted it since you announced you were working adding these things, we will have major issues leveling up our guild.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, you DID NOT respond to the suggestion of CHANGING the custom guild content to a similar system as the rankings: earning experience to unlock it instead of paying.

Neither guild functions mechanics nor their costs will be changed. The only changes confirmed will relate to obtaining guild XP.

Back