What's new

This game uses my hard drive too much

lilman

When i play the game always hard drive's light is on. I open the task manager and see ArcheRage uses %99 of the disk . Game loading takes long time and when i move around the ppl and objects (Houses, farms etc.) in game , game is suffering and cant see them for a while can see only names. Especially pvp events . I disabled Windows defender. Is there any solution . I have HDD, no SSD. Is that any problem with that ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi!

From what you described, we can assume that your HDD is too old and dying, and can't cope with the game. The only solution is to change HDD or move your game to another HDD or SSD.

Shouldn't be an issue that it isn't on an SSD.
There are tools to download that read out hard drive health, might wanna give those a shot and see if they say anything.

I could play ArcheAge without any problem last year. Also i m playing oversized games like R6:Siege, BF4 now and i got no problem.

I checked hard drive with programs. Disk health is fine, no damaged. I reinstalled the game and changed direction. But nothing worked. I have been using this pc for 4 years. I will buy SSD and try again. I hope it works

Thanks everyone.

It is not the ram.
Simply Archeage is a lot more disk intensive than any of game besides some mmos.
Archeage uses 1 big compressed file that does not have great indexing so hard drives will go to 100% utilisation

Back