What's new

Thoughts on using bitcoin or other cryptocurrency for donations?

For me using bitcoin etc was untennable. I followed instructions and another player who's had good success with this method talked me through it. For some reason my transactions kept timing out, and then the value would drop so much that the funds would be insufficient. I know I was doing it right, because I know the person who was instructing me knows what he's doing, and I did exactly as he said. When things went wrong I reviewed the process with him, and I'd done it "right." For some reason the transactions take unreasonably long for me, the value of the currency degrades, and I frequently have to start over. Every time I've done it about 1/3 of my money was lost to fees and degraded value. I know others have had great success and good value from this method, sadly for me the results were terrible.

I was skeptical about the player initiated method, and avoided buying credits for a long time. Recently I gave it a try anyway, and the results were fantastic. I lost no money on the transaction, NONE. The whole process takes about 15 minutes. I've used it three times now and am very pleased. I've talked a couple guildies/family members through the process and they too had excellent results. I think the current donation options are working very well.

Back