What's new

To Merit badges or not to merit badges, this is the question

Merit badge or Gilda stars

• Delete merit badges. Convert merit badges and merit shop in Gilda stars one.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Don't touch anything and replace Gilda Stars with Merit badges in daily contracts.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Don't touch anything, things are fine as they are now.

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters
1) The content in the marketplace can be added for gilda, for smarties, or hugs. It can be added for anything. It isn't magically tied to Merit Badges. None of the items need to be removed, and can easily be swapped to gilda.

2) Mystery is great I agree; it's fun to learn. When you are dealing with obtuse quests in broken English, websites showing previous (or future!) patches that don't relate to us and just result in confusion... it's not great. And if it's not great, it can easily be made better. Having a deprecated system half-assedly reconstructed into the current game isn't the best way to go about it.

Yes I know it can be "swapped" to gilda.. that is not the point. The point is there is less variety if it gets removed, and that's what I like about how it is atm. Bit of extra trihard content for the endgame/long term players on the server.

With info that doesn't relate to us, you mean when they release patch notes from regular patches? The things we read to then let them know in another thread what we don't want? I guess it's a little confusing yes but those threads always get posted alongside each other, though. If you mean something else, I'm curious, can't think of something atm.

Yes the English is broken now and then, but this isn't a professional company, don't think they can afford an editor. x)

Something to keep in mind, that it seems a lot of players overlook, is everyone has their own play style, strategy, routine, and interests. People like to say "well i have more [Currency X] than i know what to do with, but i need/want more [Currency Y], so you should replace them." Thing is, other players will have excess of [Currency Y] and be struggling to collect [Currency X] to get something they want.

Doing a lot of group content, raids, PvP, you collect different rewards (honor, leadership, crates) than those who mainly just farm and run trade packs (vocation badges, gilda stars). It's all about choice. Most of the rewards align with those choices. I mean, i'm a potato. I don't need the highest grade endgame armor and gems and cloaks. Picking apples and corn doesn't usually hurt too bad. I wear upgraded/regraded Dawnsdrop most of the time, and am very slowly working on combat gear, for like when i need to kill seabugs or such. That's my choice, my play style. If there are things that i really want, like say a Soulmule, then i know i have to do something a little different, like world bosses, in order to get it. My choice to do what it takes to earn it, or to go without. Events and quests that i like to do normally give the types of rewards i like to get. People who don't like those rewards have the choice not to do those events.

Everyone does what they want to do, to get the rewards they want to get. This is how it should be.

OFC high geared players and no lifers wont see a problem, but they dont really need axis anymore. If you think undergeared players have any chance whatsoever of doing merchant quests you are deadly wrong. Also, the event times are not ok with everybody. Most can attend, but those who can't need options. If you are so closed mind and unwilling to change, at least make the axis mundi agis acquireble some other way, where people who play outside business hours and cant defend their packs can have a real shot. Arena is not a real option for most of us either, even tho we appreciate it, being defeated 1000 times can make anyone leave the game (getting 10 everyday, just count how long would it take). I understand how losing the chance to sell the expensive item to people who can't get it for themselves is sad for those who are pretty much stabilished in the game and like the extra income, but there are a million ways to make gold and just a very small window for merit badges. I mean, if you want to keep the merit badges we should, at the very least, have quests for them that we can do when we got the time, like the blue salt request for gildas. Or what the hell, make it sell in the prestige shop, anything really. I don't care for costumes or mounts but I really care that not having the cloak is keeping people from their gear progress. You can say just buy it from other players, but very few people sell and the prices are absurd considering how much we need to spend with gems and accessories, at least the cloak we should be able to get mats ourselves instead of just throwing gold away.

I played almost 1 year to have my erenor cloack, i paid 6,5K gold for the axis mundis back in the day, i see in ah one selling for 9K....that's to expensive, you can get it for 5K or 6K, and i dont think is expensive for BIS cloack.

Merit Badges can be obtained from multiple events in game:​
  • temporary events rewards (like Easter event; gifts, login tracker, etc).​
  • permanent events: custom bosses (Harbinger & Sea Spirit General); The Merchants Day; Treasures Hunter Day.​
  • custom questlines.​
  • quests connected with other ingame events.​
Here is a full list of quests for you that are currently active (list doesn’t include temp events quests) and are regularly accepted by the players in game:​
Crimson Infantry​
The Grimghast Vanguard​
The Grimghast Army​
Creatures from the Depths​
Rise of the Luscas​
Lusca Hunter​
The Bloody Basin​
Mistmerrow Champion​
Slayer of Gods​
Strange sounds at night​
A mysterious stranger's trace​
Deep sea explorer​
The battle of the fearless!​
Good deal LvL. 1​
Good deal LvL. 2​
Good deal LvL. 3​
Old Kingdom Coins LvL. 1​
Old Kingdom Coins LvL. 2​
Old Kingdom Coins LvL. 3​
Beauty requires money! LvL. 1​
Beauty requires money! LvL. 2​
Beauty requires money! LvL. 3​
Treasures Hunt LvL. 2​
Treasures Hunt LvL. 4​
Breaking the chains​
Find it – but what?​
A heroes pure soul​
Defeat Sea Spirit General​
Defeat Harbinger​
Heroes! To the rescue!​

Ok but we need to focus on the availability.
This is a list of quests that are not quest you can get at your will. This is the list of the daily quests that the system COULD assign you when opening daily contracts.
I saw one of them max twice a month. Basically we are talking about 2 merit/month. With this number, this list should not count as a method to earn merit badge. They are available but they are not assigned with a decent stat.
Code:
Crimson Infantry
The Grimghast Vanguard
The Grimghast Army
Creatures from the Depths
Rise of the Luscas
Lusca Hunter
The Bloody Basin
Mistmerrow Champion
Slayer of Gods
Strange sounds at night
A mysterious stranger's trace
Deep sea explorer
The battle of the fearless!

Thoose are weekly quest that needs you to have a merchant to have overseas trades. The goal is to take 4 full merchant of packs/cargo in the other continent.
Considerations:
  • If you haven't a merchant you can't do it. So beginners can't do it.
  • Even if you have a merchant, crafting and delivering 80 packs means more than 5k labor
  • the gilda star trade day is absourd, since 80 packs to get 18 merit badge is a waste of mats and everyone is full of gilda stars. Charcoal should be worth enough but it's a pity that the % is always down. Dragon essence is a pain since the buyer is away from the shore, so you can't be alone and no one comes with you for free.
  • Basically it's a pvp quest, the chance to get ganked by reds or pk guild in the sea it's high. This is not necessary a cons, but man..... for 18 merit????
Code:
Good deal LvL. 1
Good deal LvL. 2
Good deal LvL. 3
Old Kingdom Coins LvL. 1
Old Kingdom Coins LvL. 2
Old Kingdom Coins LvL. 3
Beauty requires money! LvL. 1
Beauty requires money! LvL. 2
Beauty requires money! LvL. 3

treasure hunter event.
as far i remember you need submarine, i admin i'm not expert on it.
Anyway not for anyone, maybe it's only for experts players, but i could be wrong.
Code:
Treasures Hunt LvL. 2
Treasures Hunt LvL. 4

I don't know the following quests, how to get them, what they are. Maybe there is inside the red dragon event.
Code:
Breaking the chains
Find it – but what?
A heroes pure soul
Defeat Sea Spirit General
Defeat Harbinger
Heroes! To the rescue!

Now, talking back on availability: dont you feel that getting merit badge is not so available in the game ?
And about availability, why is bad to restore ALL daily contracts rewards to merit badge (including the world boss kill, the crafting one etc...) and all the quests that granted merit badges? They are giving gilda, but guys......gilda are granted by 99% of quests in the game, not counting blue salt ones.....why is it not possible to revert the full process back?

Something to keep in mind, that it seems a lot of players overlook, is everyone has their own play style, strategy, routine, and interests. People like to say "well i have more [Currency X] than i know what to do with, but i need/want more [Currency Y], so you should replace them." Thing is, other players will have excess of [Currency Y] and be struggling to collect [Currency X] to get something they want.

Doing a lot of group content, raids, PvP, you collect different rewards (honor, leadership, crates) than those who mainly just farm and run trade packs (vocation badges, gilda stars). It's all about choice. Most of the rewards align with those choices. I mean, i'm a potato. I don't need the highest grade endgame armor and gems and cloaks. Picking apples and corn doesn't usually hurt too bad. I wear upgraded/regraded Dawnsdrop most of the time, and am very slowly working on combat gear, for like when i need to kill seabugs or such. That's my choice, my play style. If there are things that i really want, like say a Soulmule, then i know i have to do something a little different, like world bosses, in order to get it. My choice to do what it takes to earn it, or to go without. Events and quests that i like to do normally give the types of rewards i like to get. People who don't like those rewards have the choice not to do those events.

Everyone does what they want to do, to get the rewards they want to get. This is how it should be.
i absolutely agree with you. infact i am talking about availability of methods to have the currency. I like merit badge, i would gather them, but i have no chance.

yea, I mean, you get gildas doing pretty much anything so we absolutely don't need them in the daily contracts. Just put merit badges back and everyone is happy.

Those methods to obtain Merit Badges that are already available should be enough but we may think on adding a few additional methods a bit later.​
As for the suggestion to remove Gilda Stars from dailies and change them to Merit Badges as a reward, that will not be the best idea, as if you check other forum threads with posts from the players, you’ll find there complaints from some players that they can’t get enough Gilda Stars in game. So someone says it’s too many of gilda and there is nothing to spend them on and someone say completely opposite.​
I can assume that it’s also the result of a lack of knowledge, so I’ll think on making 2 detailed guides some time within the next few weeks – 1 for merit badges and another one for gilda stars. Hope that players will use them and that will help them to better understand the methods to receive them and help to increase the number of merits and gildas they accumulate.​

Everyone complaining about axis mundi.... Just queue up for navals?? lowest amount of badges per run is 15 if you lose. Then you gain "New highest record bonus" so it's more like 20ish badges. You can run this 3 times daily for free. At worst odds you can have axis mundi in under 20 days. You only need 1k badges. Not to mention end of the month rewards. Rank high enough in a bunch of pvp events and you can get 1k just from that at the end of the month

Those methods to obtain Merit Badges that are already available should be enough but we may think on adding a few additional methods a bit later.​

Thank you for considering adding even more aside from what we already have! I would love that.

As for the suggestion to remove Gilda Stars from dailies and change them to Merit Badges as a reward, that will not be the best idea, as if you check other forum threads with posts from the players, you’ll find there complaints from some players that they can’t get enough Gilda Stars in game. So someone says it’s too many of gilda and there is nothing to spend them on and someone say completely opposite.​

I run out of both actually heh maybe as one of the few... As I mentioned before, I love the extra variety in the marketplace that having both of them offers. Definitely don't want either of them removed.

I can assume that it’s also the result of a lack of knowledge, so I’ll think on making 2 detailed guides some time within the next few weeks – 1 for merit badges and another one for gilda stars. Hope that players will use them and that will help them to better understand the methods to receive them and help to increase the number of merits and gildas they accumulate.​

Thank you Sparkle, you definitively got the point.

800 merit, so not possible at this rate.
1000 defeat in arena. i think this is self explanatory
i saw that at 9000 gold. ok it's a scam but it's not less than 4500
lucky lucky lucky .... can we farm farm farm instead?
So I work a full time job 40-50 hrs a week and I am a father to 3 kids. During a week I find time to easily make 1k Kyrios badges and I will show you how. You que for 5v5 , 6v6 , and if low GS sparring arena. Just do that to complete daily's found at mari and the Daru at Mirage portal. Even doing those a few times a week and not every day should net you a ez 1k badges at the end o the month. As it stands now 6v6 is a 100% win badge wise(1st place 25 badges 2nd place 15)up to 5 times a day! so if you only did 6v6 you would have enough badges to get a axis in a month for a end game mat. So when you que arena you do not have to lose 1000 times just put que 5v5 and 6v6 in nation/faction chat. The end of the month reward ranges from 100-500 badges depending on placing per arena. I recieved 1k+ badges for just doing 5v5, 6v6, and 3v3 1 hr a day 1-2 times a week. I will sell you a Axis for 2k (Titan event price)if you do not want to farm it for free using my method. Mail me IGN: Threeve

So I work a full time job 40-50 hrs a week and I am a father to 3 kids. During a week I find time to easily make 1k Kyrios badges and I will show you how. You que for 5v5 , 6v6 , and if low GS sparring arena. Just do that to complete daily's found at mari and the Daru at Mirage portal. Even doing those a few times a week and not every day should net you a ez 1k badges at the end o the month. As it stands now 6v6 is a 100% win badge wise(1st place 25 badges 2nd place 15)up to 5 times a day! so if you only did 6v6 you would have enough badges to get a axis in a month for a end game mat. So when you que arena you do not have to lose 1000 times just put que 5v5 and 6v6 in nation/faction chat. The end of the month reward ranges from 100-500 badges depending on placing per arena. I recieved 1k+ badges for just doing 5v5, 6v6, and 3v3 1 hr a day 1-2 times a week. I will sell you a Axis for 2k (Titan event price)if you do not want to farm it for free using my method. Mail me IGN: Threeve

same age and kids here. but.... i'm in EU and i am keeping queuing all day long. it's not starting anything.

same age and kids here. but.... i'm in EU and i am keeping queuing all day long. it's not starting anything.
Try to catch when PN2 Que's for it because I see Vassy and others that are EU time zone do it. Iron Head will also during that time zone but yea man that sucks because there are not as many pop's. At least with Titan event going on you can snag an Axis for super cheap now (silver lining)

Back