What's new

Trial Time Changes

Should trial timers be changed?

• Total voters
There haven't been any recent polls besides 2.
1 for crafting reversion and 1 for guards recipe change.
The first hasn't had enough votes for consideration yet and the second got over 40 within just hours before it was agreed to be changed for the next update. It stands at 48-2 as an overwhelming majority in favour.

This discussion has been open for a few days now making it reasonable to require a higher volume of votes.

That would make sense if this server had a higher population. It unfortunately doesn't right now, and I mean no disrespect by that, but it's not feasible to ask for that amount of votes on this poll, when it's unlikely we have much more than 100 total active forum members.

This thread alone has 400+ views, a strong arguements for the change just hasn't been presented to make people vote I guess.

This thread alone has 400+ views, a strong arguements for the change just hasn't been presented to make people vote I guess.

Those aren't 400 individuals clicking on it. It counts every visit even those from people already here coming back to read what has been said so far.

There is no reason as to why we need 5 minutes to decide on a verdict. 2 is enough for even those that want to rp.

It's 29 yes, 19 no at the moment.
Considering the blatant poll manipulation of at least 11 butthurt players of which only Runda managed to bring in a valid argument against it, this vote should realistically be at 29vs8 right now.

Did west players mass vote against the serp sleeves change when it was majority of pn asking and pushing for a change ? No. Then why is pn doing it when west is asking for a QoL change ? Ungrateful children if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Voting yes to decrease the trial timers by 50%. RP aside, most people do not want to look at the crime points nor care what the person has done in trial. 99% of the time , it's the person's nickname that's on trial, regardless of the charges leveled or the crimes committed.

For example, An HCIC member will typically get far less consideration for the crimes committed or the reasons/motive behind them, than say, me. Therefore, it is not necessary to delay the inevitable guilty verdict for some people,especially when some jury members will NOT vote until the last minute, just to screw with someone on trial.

Those people waste all 5 jury members' time , as well as the person on trial. I have stuff to do. I want to vote and get the hell out of court.

DB

Votes is not the main thing we look at. It just helps to see players stance on something as many don't like to comment even if they support or don't like the idea. Comments are also taken into account. But final decision is still up to the Devs as they operate with more data than players can see.

The only part I feel should be shortened is the final vote casting. By that point, you've had up to at least 3 minutes to make up your mind on what their sentence should be. 30 seconds to cast your judgment.
Also, there should be punishment (given in jail time) if you fail to vote. If the defendant gets innocent, the jury member(s) who failed to vote should at least get the minimum time sentence possible to the defendant. Otherwise, this/these jury member(s) should get whatever the defendant gets in jail. Also no honor reward for participation. Perhaps tack the honor reward for submitting your vote?

The part of trials that I never understood is this: how does one with an "Away" flag accept a jury invite? I've seen this countless times. How can you be away AND click the jury summons, get ported and STILL have an "away" tag? Getting rid of these people is the biggest step to speeding up trials in general.

Reducing the trial length like 3 times from 10-15 to 3-5 minutes is a big reduction and as not all support this idea, that is not something we believe should be done. But we'll think on reducing the duration of some parts of the trial.

Can there be something like an AFK penalty like the one that's added for AFK during arenas in 4.5?

Back