What's new

Trial Time Changes

Should trial timers be changed?

• Total voters

Vapewave

I am putting up a poll to see if the majority of the game wants to make a change to put a limit on trial times and prevent salty players from timing out and tacking on a useless additional 10-15 minutes for everyone else involved in a trial.

I am putting up a poll to see if the majority of the game wants to make a change to put a limit on trial times and prevent salty players from timing out and tacking on a useless additional 10-15 minutes for everyone else involved in a trial.
Please be more specific in your poll so players would understand what change they are exactly voting for.

If I am understanding correctly, the request is to reduce the time a trial lasts from start to completion. Trials last a relatively lengthy amount of time when people sit AFK on the jury, or, are salty and want to waste everyone’s time. Which, yes, I’d love to reduce the timers for each step of the trial so I can get back to a raid, or whatever I am doing at the time.

I apologize if I misunderstood.

I think its pretty important to have the entire jury time provided, especially in cases where the jury needs to come to a decision together based off the evidence provided in the crime sheet. I think its a integral part of the court system that they are allotted the amount of time currently present.

The trial time shouldn't be adjusted, lots of players enjoy role-playing and it is important to thoroughly examine the evidence provided in order to deliver the fairest trial possible. Anything else would be obscene.

It would be fine if people didn't afk them. But so many people afk a trial can take a ridiculous amount of time to get through all the stages. So it would be nice if it was reduced.

Hello @Sparkle . It seems that @Vapewave is attempting to say our votes are worth less than theirs? I think this may be a misunderstanding because we also go to jail and is apparent to us that trial times are decent as is.

Because I have provide a reason to not have my vote invalidated I guess, I see no gain for changing trial times, current times are fine, lower times will just facilitate more trial manipulation, which happens enough already.

Waiting for people to get banned for manipulation of game events forum polls be like

giphy.gif

@Sparkle, please note that the vote count was 11 for, 1 against prior to PN1 players massing 'no' votes as a means to troll the poll.
I'm following on this voting and saw 11/1 result yesterday but still, that numbers are pretty low for the change to be considered as original mechanics meant the trial to be that long as jury is rewarded for it, so they are not just wasting time and the defendant has the option to choose, go to trial and try to have less time in jail of no at all or go to jail directly.

You can always decline the invitation if you don't have time for it at that moment. It's not necessary to accept it.

but if that time sheet is empty ? :O
I think if the sheet is empty in that case scenario the time could be reduced but I don't think there is a way for them to do this without possibility causing other issues with active trials that have reports on the sheet.

Back