What's new

Turn cannons against purple players

vulgrr

There is no reason that faction cannons should not turn on players purpling.

Can this be implemented please?

I am tired of getting camped by my own faction in diamond shores because there are micropenis darkrunners around with a hard on for killing their own faction with zero consequences.

This needs to change.

Run them in peace man.
Cannon's won't help unless their damage is tweaked to one-shot every player which would be stupid.

That is a poor workaround for shit mechanics. You are supposed to be guarded against being murdered by your own faction. Instead the sentries and guards in this game are a poor joke, with AI worse than games from the early 90's, and you aren't even protected in areas you are supposed to be.

They attack own faction because attack other factions is too hard for them.
Unfortunately is too easy to wash crime/infamy points, it should be much harder...
put a couple of zeroes in the price of Draught of Forgiveness and add 48h cooldown, for example.

They attack own faction because attack other factions is too hard for them.
Unfortunately is too easy to wash crime/infamy points, it should be much harder...
put a couple of zeroes in the price of Draught of Forgiveness and add 48h cooldown, for example.

purpling is part of the game.. works fine as is imo - the changes you suggest made live servers a lot more boring.

purpling is part of the game.. works fine as is imo - the changes you suggest made live servers a lot more boring.
I didn't say to not purple. Purpling is fine, but should not be totally without consequences like is now.

I didn't say to not purple. Purpling is fine, but should not be totally without consequences like is now.
It is not without consequences, lying doesn't help your case. You drop blood that can be reported when you purple.

For a change such as this it needs to be polled for players to put their opinion out there and vote.

pls no poll xd aside from obsi gear being "phased out" on live servers, the changed justice system just didn't have good results. so many things from 4.0 and up are just plain bad imo ;-;

For what it's worth the cannons are shit at protecting against even reds anyways...

So what's the point implementing a change only to find that they are ineffective at best :D?

Just a waste of time for the devs to implement and for discussing.
:p:p

It's not a waste though. The point of a private, custom server is to make things better, not maintain the status quo or leave terrible implementations of things in place.

There are so many QoL changes that could be made in regards to Sentries, Guards, and Cannons, from improving AI and abilities to cannons being faster, deadlier, more accurate and more numerous in number. These are all parameters that can be modified.

Guards were already given siege damage, which kind of helped, but more can be done. The entire system was clearly an after thought by the original developers, and has stagnated since the beginning of the game. The fact that someone with high burst damage like a darkrunner can kill you and stealth away fast enough literally two feet from guards is an issue. The fact that you are in a warzone next to your own base loaded with cannon sentries and you can be killed by your own faction with no consequences is just trashy implementation.

I agree, @vulgrr , your insight into the development of the game and how well the mechanics are implemented are appreciated as always. There should be cannons in a grid 2 meters apart across the entirety of all war zones and guards should get true sight, triple movement speed, and be able to see and chase down from 150 meters away. Given that there's literally no consequences whatosever for killing your faction, like not even a crime / trial / jailing system, is so flawed and clearly pvp in general was just an after thought in this game. Perhaps they should implement some system where when you kill people there could be some way to report the crime and then if they're caught they get sent to trial and possibly even jail, better yet just ban their accounts for a week to a month depending on how many players they killed like has been suggested by others who share your sentiment. After all ArcheAge was designed entirely for everyone to hold hands and kiss and share the love.

I agree, @vulgrr , your insight into the development of the game and how well the mechanics are implemented are appreciated as always. There should be cannons in a grid 2 meters apart across the entirety of all war zones and guards should get true sight, triple movement speed, and be able to see and chase down from 150 meters away. Given that there's literally no consequences whatosever for killing your faction, like not even a crime / trial / jailing system, is so flawed and clearly pvp in general was just an after thought in this game. Perhaps they should implement some system where when you kill people there could be some way to report the crime and then if they're caught they get sent to trial and possibly even jail, better yet just ban their accounts for a week to a month depending on how many players they killed like has been suggested by others who share your sentiment. After all ArcheAge was designed entirely for everyone to hold hands and kiss and share the love.

And as usual you contribute literally nothing to any given conversation. Must be an easy life being an ignorant troll

It's not a waste though. The point of a private, custom server is to make things better, not maintain the status quo or leave terrible implementations of things in place.

There are so many QoL changes that could be made in regards to Sentries, Guards, and Cannons, from improving AI and abilities to cannons being faster, deadlier, more accurate and more numerous in number. These are all parameters that can be modified.

Guards were already given siege damage, which kind of helped, but more can be done. The entire system was clearly an after thought by the original developers, and has stagnated since the beginning of the game. The fact that someone with high burst damage like a darkrunner can kill you and stealth away fast enough literally two feet from guards is an issue. The fact that you are in a warzone next to your own base loaded with cannon sentries and you can be killed by your own faction with no consequences is just trashy implementation.

Well it wasn't originally discussed HOW such changes would be implemented, with an accompaniment by increased guard/cannon numbers, aggro range, etc etc...
As it stands the original thread only wanted to have guards/cannons/etc turn on purplers and it is a wasteful change if done in isolation.
Since as everyone knows, the guards/cannons/etc are shit...

But if you are talking "more complex" changes as you suggest... it still seems pointless cause most of the time your not in range of cannons whenever you are doing things in zones there are cannons present somewhere....

-----

Directed more generally to the discussion as a whole:

So, considering we're talking about cannons in their current state:
1: they aren't even in the places that you'd probably want protection in Diamond Shores - if purplers or reds wanted to steal your archeum pack in DS they could do it when you are AWAY from the cannons rather than right on them... So doesn't fix the problem of "preventing purpling" or even reds attacking... Doing bunker is always dangerous and no one cares about dying during that.... Farming mobs and you'll die... Like realistically how "protected" can you be before we start asking for perma-peace in Diamond Shores....
2: reds always hit-and-run even in range of cannons and they are effective at performing such hit-and-runs. i.e. cannons aren't good at what they are meant do anyways... Making them turn on purplers will not "prevent purpling" just as they do not prevent red hit-and-runs...
3: you might as well make Diamond Shores perma peace if you want to be doing anything there without getting killed which is... silly at best.

However, if they were to consider adding guards and decreasing things such as time-to-aggro and rate of fire etc etc
I can see that being somewhat more effective than just "adding purplers to list of aggro" for the guards/cannons

But still Point number 1 stands still:
If you are gonna get attacked it will happen in areas away from cannons/guards that you need to do stuff... Like shooting bunkers, handing in your Archeum pack, farming mobs....

And getting attcked at the portal spawns or while afk'ing "eg "East/West Housing Zone"... we can live with that it is only a minor inconvenience :D

I don't think that this is the main reason for purpling.

Then pray tell me what is the main decent reason for purpling in Diamond Shores?

Purpling there earns you nothing in relation to game resources except infamy. Only Reds can earn Honor.
SO what resources can you take
HMMM Archeum packs...

Unless you're telling me ppl also purple for FISHING PACKS that get handed in down at the docks...
Or even Cargo packs????
Literally no one does Cargo in DS unless it is peace. Otherwise, you're just asking to get attacked: by West if you are East and purpled by East; purpled by West if you are West; by PNs if you are East OR West. Literally the route exposes you...

Only other resource you can get gat.hering the information of knowing that someone's happiness went down cause they got mad at getting killed while porting, doing bunker, or farming mobs

Unless you are literally there to farm infamy to go pirate.

Then pray tell me what is the main decent reason for purpling in Diamond Shores?

You should ask to purplers why they attack people even when there are no packs involved.

Purpling there earns you nothing in relation to game resources except infamy. Only Reds can earn Honor.
HMMM Archeum packs...
What resource can you take when purpling during GR raid?
Or during Whalesong raid?
Or during Mistmerrow raid?

It seems to me that purplers are doing mainly for the fun off kill and piss off other players.

You should ask to purplers why they attack people even when there are no packs involved.

What resource can you take when purpling during GR raid?
Or during Whalesong raid?
Or during Mistmerrow raid?

It seems to me that purplers are doing mainly for the fun off kill and piss off other players.

You seem to be taking my reply very personally when I meant it to be targeted toward the whole thread with your content as text to provide context.

Is this somewhat similar to how you feel when purpled, even though such purpling occurs INDISCRIMINATELY?
No matter, that is not the point, so I shall move on.

---

Why should ask them why they attack? I already outlined such reasons in my previous post.

Please read my previous post:

HMMM Archeum packs...

Unless you're telling me ppl also purple for FISHING PACKS that get handed in down at the docks...
Or even Cargo packs????
Literally no one does Cargo in DS unless it is peace. Otherwise, you're just asking to get attacked: by West if you are East and purpled by East; purpled by West if you are West; by PNs if you are East OR West. Literally the route exposes you...

Only other resource you can get gat.hering the information of knowing that someone's happiness went down cause they got mad at getting killed while porting, doing bunker, or farming mobs

Unless you are literally there to farm infamy to go pirate.

I quite literally highlight that purpling does occur simply to know that you made someone's happiness go down from having killed them. Which in your words is "a fun kill" or to "piss people off". Tbh they only get a kick of you try talking to them and whining in chat. Just die and let live with your day it is of no large inconvenience or consequence. And if you do get purpled for seemingly no reason then it is only a minor inconvenience which you should not faze you. They get bored eventually.

The point of the resources is to give examples of what can be usefully taken. It does not necessarily mean that the taking of such resources is the be all end all of purpling. You have clearly blown my statements far out of proportion from their intended meaning.

------

All the content you listed occurs outside of Diamond Shores, which is where Cannon guard are located. This thread pertains to purpling in regards to that zone and the areas in it which may or may not contain cannons.

This focus is highlighted both in the thread title and the Original Poster's comment.

Why are you hijacking the thread to speak more generally about your perceived issues with the purple mechanics. While your concerns may not be invalid they do not fit this thread.

As such all your examples are irrelevant to changing the CANNONS or guards mechanics in Diamond Shores.

Furthermore, if I may continue with this off topic discussion for a small while, the content and events you mention specifically DO NOT have any automatic safeguard in the form of... Guards everywhere I guess? That is just silly.

Most serial purplers in East simply wont go pirate.

I concede that it is very easy to purple and not become a pirate, but again that is not what this thread is about.

Last edited:
Back