What's new

TWT boss timer

Papatuna

Anyway we can change the boss timer for twt to reset every week with the weekly server restart. This would help keep the boss spawn at a decent time for everyone. Now for the time of spawn is up for debate I’m suggesting somewhere around 7-8 pm server time (eastern standard time )
Right now the spawn time is at 2:30- 3 am server time which is totally out of whack with a NA server.

Let’s discuss and see how the community feels about this change so hopefully we can get a something done here .

Anyway we can change the boss timer for twt to reset every week with the weekly server restart. This would help keep the boss spawn at a decent time for everyone. Now for the time of spawn is up for debate I’m suggesting somewhere around 7-8 pm server time (eastern standard time )
Right now the spawn time is at 2:30- 3 am server time which is totally out of whack with a NA server.

Let’s discuss and see how the community feels about this change so hopefully we can get a something done here .

Players are responsible for TWT spawn time.

Honestly it should’ve reset with every restart or be put at a set time like every other boss in the game but a one time reset would help out a bunch

If you make the timer reset with server restarts twt will become a 6am event unless people prevent the spawn until a preferable time which kinda makes the point of having it reset with server restarts pointless.

If you make the timer reset with server restarts twt will become a 6am event unless people prevent the spawn until a preferable time which kinda makes the point of having it reset with server restarts pointless.

It’s why I added the part that twt be reset to 7 pm server time every Tuesday . 7 pm being a suggested time. So players can decide the spawn up for the whole week but returning to 7 pm every restart .

I'm down for a server reset TWT timer for 7PM server time each week, now the timer is at 4am this is getting ridiculous.

It would reset on Live so I don't see why it wouldn't on here. You could make it spawn at a certain time later in the day to avoid the 6 AM nonsense (although the maintenance updates have been around 7-8 AM). Consistently having it at later than 2 AM isn't healthy for anyone and lot of people also work the next morning.

@Sparkle reset timer

It would reset on Live so I don't see why it wouldn't on here. You could make it spawn at a certain time later in the day to avoid the 6 AM nonsense (although the maintenance updates have been around 7-8 AM). Consistently having it at later than 2 AM isn't healthy for anyone and lot of people also work the next morning.

@Sparkle reset timer
We discussed it with you in PMs earlier and I'm still awaiting for the proves from you that such thing as TWT resets with each server restart happened on live.​
And even if we do a TWT reset at the server restart, don't expect if you killed it on Monday, it will reset for you on Tuesday. We'll not make it to respawn more often than it should. If we do the resets, we'll count 47 hours from the kill and round it up to 7 pm (or another same set time), so it will be 47+ hours.​

We discussed it with you in PMs earlier and I'm still awaiting for the proves from you that such thing as TWT resets with each server restart happened on live.​
It has always been like DGS on Live. It's an oddity that it's not the same on this server.

Live TWT spawn is different to how it is in 4.5, its based on faction activity or something in reed now instead of a time to summon with horn, so you can't login to live and check. Can you prove to us players that on live it didnt change timer like DGS changes timers, cause thats a dumb mechanic to not reset timers on reset.

I think it would improve server health if it had a streamlined building and summoning time similar to how Thinking proposed in the suggestions thread. Therefore, the summoning of TWT favors the group who has the most rubies/essence, as the mechanics for building/deranking was intended to be performed specifically for thunderwing. As well, during this period it would allow more diversity of PvP as it would not be only a battle of who has control of spawn islands and flares, but rather which faction can control the bottom of the fight as well.

In other words, not only on server restart should the timer be more suitable for TwT and similar content times, but every day in which the boss is summonable should the timer be reset, similar to how world bosses were handled in 4.5b on live.

Live TWT spawn is different to how it is in 4.5, its based on faction activity or something in reed now instead of a time to summon with horn, so you can't login to live and check. Can you prove to us players that on live it didnt change timer like DGS changes timers, cause thats a dumb mechanic to not reset timers on reset.
That's 6.0 Runda.

Just make it summonable (thats.. not a word) during certain hours of certain days that are stable. That way the no lifers of 1 nation dont get to summon at 6 am, or 3 am.

T/Th/Sat = Kraken
M/W/Sat= RD
Make TWT like Fri/Sunday at like 5:30 - 8:30 server time.

That way there is a boss each day of the week.

(Edit - But atm both sides bring a decent number to the ass crack of dawn spawns so.... both sides seem to be willing to keep it this late/push it even further. Peace summons ewwwww)

Just make it summonable (thats.. not a word) during certain hours of certain days that are stable. That way the no lifers of 1 nation dont get to summon at 6 am, or 3 am.

T/Th/Sat = Kraken
M/W/Sat= RD
Make TWT like Fri/Sunday at like 5:30 - 8:30 server time.

That way there is a boss each day of the week.

(Edit - But atm both sides bring a decent number to the ass crack of dawn spawns so.... both sides seem to be willing to keep it this late/push it even further. Peace summons ewwwww)
Don't need to make it specific days. Keep it as it is, but with a set time of spawn.

Also, we've skipped out on 2 TWT and you guys haven't skipped any sooooooooo. If you wanted you GUYS could've pushed it back :)

@Sparkle Would it be possible to reset the time and keep the normal 48hr cooldown on horn with it being a set time (to avoid killing on Monday night before a server restart)?

Back