What's new

Unable To Launch Game. Possible Corruption Of Files

Theadventone

Went to update game and had an error in downloading the update and had to close the game out and try again. Once I did this, the game appeared to finish the update. But this is where I started having issues. I would go to load the game and get these two errors attached below. I attempted to repair the game but to no avail. It keeps giving the same errors. What do I do from here?

Attachments

• Error1.png
    Error1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 269
  • Error2.png
    Error2.png
    408.6 KB · Views: 243
You should check your install folder for the file it says it can't find.
If it is there then you're either not running the game as admin or its corrupted and you should delete it and restart your launcher.

If it is not there then your launcher either has not been ran as admin or your anti virus is interfering and you'll need to set exclusions

I have deleted the virus protection programs and ruled out it being the virus protection programs. I always load the game as administrator. Please give a direct link to missing file game\db\compact.sqlite3. I've attempted to uninstall and reinstall the game twice now. If I cannot obtain this file. What can I do to get the game up and running? I have also verified all software is up to date. I'm at a loss for ideas at this point.

Make sure you are not trying to use any mods with the game.
Start your launcher and do a Repair (press a Repair button there).

No mods have been used in conjunction with the game. I have already attempted repair several times. Nothing different happens. I have gone and deleted every file associated with this game and am currently reinstalling it through this very timely method. Only issue this has caused me is now I am almost sure I won't be able to log onto the game now as I do not remember my name and password that is used with the launcher. My Forum Login info is entirely different than my login info on the launcher. I am hopping I can resolve this issue.

You can always restore your account data or change your password through the website.

If you've deleted your ani virus programs you haven't rulled it out.
By removing them the OS will use its own in place of it.
Windows defender is not something you can uninstall and is only possible to disable with registry changes

Back