What's new

Urgent Issue: Land

Goddess

Hello Everyone,

I know that what I'm about to write will not set well with some, but I feel that it needs to be said. Also, I am not sure if anyone has suggested this before, as I have not read every post in this forum. This server is great, having free Patron is Greater, gaining Labor at such a high rate is Awesome, and having boosted XP gain has been Wonderful! The problem is, that with all of the above, comes the issue that EVERYONE can now own land, and many of have 3, 6, and even more farms, houses, and such :( I am on the west side, and there is NO LAND available for ANYONE :(

So, @IronLady my suggestion is that there be a 2-3 land ownership limit per account, across all lands. Yes, I do understand that many will not be happy that I even suggested such thing....but, I challenge anyone to come up with a better suggestion. We need help, URGENTLY! I have land, but many of my guild mates, and other players who came in a few days after this server started have no way to place anything now :( I do understand that Auroria will be opening soon, but I do also know that many will keep the land they already have and just add more in Auroria.

I disagree with this. Not because I don't want you to have land while I have 4-5 land plots myself, but because land in this game is like real-estate in the real world: the more you own the more power you potentially have.

Archeage is a game of winners and losers. If you want land, farm illegal trees for TSTs, sell those TSTs, buy land. Or farm monsters, sell drops, buy land. Or pay to use another person's farm and tenant farm.

I will gladly sell you two 16x16 plots in Windscour if you're interested, 300g each or 1 TST for both. They are facing each other. This is for the land only, not the farms on them.

Even with a land limit, there will still be people without land. Limitation doesn't solve anything, not unless it was 1 land per person. Then people wouldn't play.

I disagree with this. Not because I don't want you to have land while I have 4-5 land plots myself, but because land in this game is like real-estate in the real world: the more you own the more power you potentially have.

Archeage is a game of winners and losers. If you want land, farm illegal trees for TSTs, sell those TSTs, buy land. Or farm monsters, sell drops, buy land. Or pay to use another person's farm and tenant farm.

I will gladly sell you two 16x16 plots in Windscour if you're interested, 300g each or 1 TST for both. They are facing each other. This is for the land only, not the farms on them.

Thanks for replying :) If you read my post, I did indicate that I have land. In fact I have a farm, and a house with land to farm on. With all of the bonus increase given to us on this server, it has created an imbalance of sorts, since EVERYONE has Patron and CAN own land. Many players prefer to PVP or PVE for fun, and have no interest in owning land, but because they ARE Patron now, they place houses, and farms that they will never do anything with, but since they get so much Labor, they can make taxes, pay and just let it sit there .... simply because they can, lol. But at any rate, thanks for replying. Any, and all suggestions, replies are encouraged. :)

Suggestion: houses that are left unfinished for two weeks are automatically demolished, even if they have taxes paid? I'm not really in favor of that, though, as the land barons rely on unfinished property for sale. The game isn't built on my opinions though, as it's a community

Id vote for what happened during first merges on trino servers: Reorganization of Land by gamemasters. There's a lot of Land available, only problem is that nothing fits on it. If properties were forced to be adjacent, we'd have a lot of spots available. Any chance on this @IronLady @Sparkle?

There is TON of free lands.. just not in the prime spot..

some fact:
1) land are not a requirement to enjoy the game
2) removing people land will cause a lot of displeasure
3) there is land available right now, look better!
4) you can still deal land! There is a land business.

There is TON of free lands.. just not in the prime spot..

some fact:
1) land are not a requirement to enjoy the game
2) removing people land will cause a lot of displeasure
3) there is land available right now, look better!
4) you can still deal land! There is a land business.

Really? Could u please tell us where? I've looking for it for 2 days on west. I even went to haranya looking for it, and there's none :rolleyes:

Id vote for what happened during first merges on trino servers: Reorganization of Land by gamemasters. There's a lot of Land available, only problem is that nothing fits on it. If properties were forced to be adjacent, we'd have a lot of spots available. Any chance on this @IronLady @Sparkle?

Agreed.
Very good idea, but it depends on capability of GMs.

I don't know about West but yesterday i went to windscor savanna and could place a 28x28 in one place and 16x16 in 3-4 places in the south east corner housing zone, also seen a lot of land ready to demo with in 2 weeks, few people i think quit after the first week

I don't know about West but yesterday i went to windscor savanna and could place a 28x28 in one place and 16x16 in 3-4 places in the south east corner housing zone, also seen a lot of land ready to demo with in 2 weeks, few people i think quit after the first week
East is NA region. West is EU region. EU players work more in lands. NA players BUY more, because they are important persons. Kekeke. I will check East. Thanks. ;)

I hope you all do understand that only about 2/3 of the land has been claimed as well... once castles are claimed large amounts of land become available. For unbuilt land barons, sure its a pain in the ass and a time-limit for an unbuilt building would be nice, but there would be a massive amount of implications. If anything, assuming it was possible, place a player limit to 1 or so for the cheap gilda designs and make them untradeable. that way there would be no "stocking" of land plots, and other more valuable things that take time and resources to be built would be safe.

All being said tho, if this WAS possible things such as these would have been done. IMO this is just a copy of Legacy AA except with a few reworks & adaptations. The complaints on these forums are the same as legacy. I hope people start to see the pattern and quit crying about the age-old "problems" which are fairly subjective.

As Krowley stated, "Argeage is a game of winners and losers". This is entirely true, AA primarily is a first-come-first-serve type of game, BUT! that doesn't mean others can't catch up in this "marathon" of a game and purchase land or get good gear etc.. There will be land barons who enjoy farming, but so what, if you TRULY want land, you will work for it and buy it off of someone who doesn't have the same level of desire. Question is, how much are you willing to pay?? :)

Hmmmm, I've been there. and that's actually one of the places where we can find a lot of land where a 16x16 fits (ALMOST) -.-'
Went there again just now, and still didn't find a spot to put the 16x16.

But thanks anyway for the tip ^^

Can confirm there is still land available on East.

It'll be REALLY hard to find a 24x24 but I've seen several available 16x16s
thing is, the Lunar and Stellar scarecrow won't claim them due to a slight incline but a Large scarecrow will.

Once Auroria opens up, there will certainly be really REALLY awesome land available right next to Auroria spring water and Smouldering log supplies. I personally am waiting with a treehouse in an attempt to claim a large plot up there.
you can bet your biscuits that people will be pulling up current stellar and lunar scarecrows so they can claim Auroria land. Which means there will be openings on the main continents.

And then when 3.0 finally hits and we get the new races, there will be new housing zones there too.

hi all,
There's still some spots available - true. We will think of any possible solutions, but at the moment we can not promise anything.
Making any fundamental changes is definitely not an option - as it will affect those who have land.
Each time in the game, take a look around, as long as people continue to cheat, their accounts will be banned, hence the land will become available.

hi all,
There's still some spots available - true. We will think of any possible solutions, but at the moment we can not promise anything.
Making any fundamental changes is definitely not an option - as it will affect those who have land.
Each time in the game, take a look around, as long as people continue to cheat, their accounts will be banned, hence the land will become available.

I think that is understood, yes. I think people are asking that banned land be made available asap, instead of needing to wait 1-2 weeks. Economies are super fragile in the start, and players waiting because of cheating players really hurts the economy.

I think that is understood, yes. I think people are asking that banned land be made available asap, instead of needing to wait 1-2 weeks. Economies are super fragile in the start, and players waiting because of cheating players really hurts the economy.

i really like your idea

Back