What's new

What class to pick?

Sliteftw

Greetings everyone. I was looking for a class that would be good in PvE and I was advised to pick DR. But I cannot find any particular site on the internet with a decent 3.0 build, so I turn you guys for help, can you provide me with a good DR pve build?
Also, what class/es do you think would be good for some aoe mob farm and fun as well? Thank you!

Just so you're aware, you'll want a 3.5 build now. And i've never played DR so i can't help you there, but i can recommend some other options.
Abolisher: If you don't mind taking a little bit longer to kill things, you pretty much won't die
Stone Arrow: Saw a stone arrow face tank Hanure the Hunter with a couple of good healers
Cleric: Everyone will love having you in dungeons, as you heal and support everything. Mirror light yourself and cast holy bolt on an enemy and pve becomes easy mode when solo.
Blighter: What i currently play, Battlerage, Shadowplay and Defense. Still can take a hit and dishes out some good damage. You'll find from my perspective most good pve classes have defense, it's not 100% required but i personally like to have it.

Dont play stonearrow unless you want your only purpose to be annoying to other archers.
ScreenShot0006.jpg

Tanking hanure is really not hard. I've done it alone as Howler.
You don't need much for it. 40+ evasion and a shield.

To answer your questions as someone playing archer, it's a wonderful PvE class in my opinion.
Single target farming is incredible fast especially as ebonsong or howler with gale charged bolt.
AoE farming is also very well possible,
Deadeye > pull mobs while playing defense song > viscous implosion > snare > intensity/life startling strain > chantey > aoe trip with snipe > flame concussive > mist missile rain

You can tank almost any boss solo as archer with a shortspear and vitamism or additionally defense.

Just so you're aware, you'll want a 3.5 build now. And i've never played DR so i can't help you there, but i can recommend some other options.
Abolisher: If you don't mind taking a little bit longer to kill things, you pretty much won't die
Stone Arrow: Saw a stone arrow face tank Hanure the Hunter with a couple of good healers
Cleric: Everyone will love having you in dungeons, as you heal and support everything. Mirror light yourself and cast holy bolt on an enemy and pve becomes easy mode when solo.
Blighter: What i currently play, Battlerage, Shadowplay and Defense. Still can take a hit and dishes out some good damage. You'll find from my perspective most good pve classes have defense, it's not 100% required but i personally like to have it.

Thank you so much for your thoughts! I reckon I want to be an blighter, though revenant caught my attention as well!

Dont play stonearrow unless you want your only purpose to be annoying to other archers.
ScreenShot0006.jpg

Tanking hanure is really not hard. I've done it alone as Howler.
You don't need much for it. 40+ evasion and a shield.

To answer your questions as someone playing archer, it's a wonderful PvE class in my opinion.
Single target farming is incredible fast especially as ebonsong or howler with gale charged bolt.
AoE farming is also very well possible,
Deadeye > pull mobs while playing defense song > viscous implosion > snare > intensity/life startling strain > chantey > aoe trip with snipe > flame concussive > mist missile rain

You can tank almost any boss solo as archer with a shortspear and vitamism or additionally defense.
Blimey, that's actual interesting. I was a Primeval on retail and I had quite a lot of fun, but I reckon blighter is the way for me. That or revenant. But I'll devo consider it!

Back