What's new

whats the P2W thing here?

Teufel123

soo.. looking on the cash shop.. im actually question myself what are the facts you guys say it's p2w?

only thing i see is that u can Sell your Credits for like ~132gold (2000 Credits)
but i can't see any boxes for equipment or some other things..

What make you guys think its P2W? (sry for that question but im kinda new to the game and i couldn't figure it out) ^^

The only thing remotely P2W was at the very start, because people could quickly take up landspace with bought scarecrows and etc.

Credits = GOLD, increased chance regrade charms (better gear faster/less risk) , additional farms tax-"free" (more risk free farming + land claim), treehouse (large land claim with lots of planting space and storage), Upgraded Haulers (make more money in less time), Larger inventory chests (Horde more items for more market potential profitability), Access mailbox and warehouse anywhere, Labour stipend (More labour = more earning potential),GOLD

GOLD = Gear
Gear =
Winning

Credits = GOLD, increased chance regrade charms (better gear faster/less risk) , additional farms tax-"free" (more risk free farming + land claim), treehouse (large land claim with lots of planting space and storage), Upgraded Haulers (make more money in less time), Larger inventory chests (Horde more items for more market potential profitability), Access mailbox and warehouse anywhere, Labour stipend (More labour = more earning potential),GOLD

GOLD = Gear
Gear =
Winning
forgot to mention that you can get credits with gold and vice versa from the AH. However thats also a good thing because it ensures that people arent put behind a paywall when it comes to the cash shop since they can just buy credits using their earned golds.

There are a few things that are considered to be P2W but I don't see them doing any major damages to the game currently, honestly I do see some things that can be considered "pay to advance" but definitely won't have a huge impact, which I think is find because it's a pserver, it needs a source of income set up to keep it going.

100% p2w
Buy credits sell for gold means.

Payed players controll the market.
Payed players controll the guilds.
Payed players controll all the land.
Payed players have the best gear.
Payed players one shot evrything.

in 1 month you will see the damage it did.
the population will decline in half.
the population will be payed players and a bunch of bots or new people checking the game out.
if this private server was buy credits for Mounts pets costumes even houses idc.
then i would of sayd good server there is no pay to win but in my book pay to advance in a game where gear only mathers is p2w

Pure p2w.
Starting rush ruled by treehouses (2000 credit/treehouse), p2w farms (16x16). You bought this items and some tax in shop, than you lock 16x16+2*28x28 in DS 1 hours after start. 15-25 treehouses/housing area and many stellar/lunar/solar farms. The housing is 80-90% p2w. You can leveling using cheap p2w items like majestic trees, mining drills, extra crops, fishing ponds, supercows. If you don't spend money you were in level disadvantage too.

After some days we move to the 2nd stage. Gearing and upgrades/enchant. This is pure p2w too. You can sell credits to get in game gold (110-160 gold/1000 credit). = you can spend more than others to gear up, craft and enchant = you win. You can buy charms too without any limitation. We have the 1st legendary obsidian weapon now. Epic weapons and armors were online 3-5 days ago. I have celestial weapon and most of the players are not on celestial obsidian set yet. We can generate good money as free players too, but that is nothing comparised to "p2w whale" mode.

We can'T detect yet, but this game is "dead" in competition. Top players have 4500-4600 GS. Top100 is 3500-3600. +1000 GS is totally broken in any pvp. And this is the 1st 100 players only. The server has 3000-10000 active players maybe. No pay - no win :D
Additional information: 80% of top10 players are east players. Faction balance is the past. Ok, West can play zerg tactic in some wars yet, but this density of "high-end" gear will be problem later.

Enjoy the game until it's fun yet!

Its P2w but its much cheaper. Credits are like 1/2 price and most things in AH are like 1/4 the cost on trions cash shop. For $20, which is just $5 more for patron, got you the treehouse and solar farm.

Its P2w but its much cheaper. Credits are like 1/2 price and most things in AH are like 1/4 the cost on trions cash shop. For $20, which is just $5 more for patron, got you the treehouse and solar farm.
"Basic" function items and materials are extremly cheap things... It's nice, but many things are more expensives and money "support" upgrades hard. You pay 3 dollar/regrade charms after celestial, 50-60 dollars to buy lucky sunpoints from other players, 10 dollars/treehouse (but you can'T place it because no more lands. :D ). And you can sell any credits. If you invest standard " whale pack" (500 dollars?) that is enough to buy out your progress and be a top player without big time investments. Or 6000 gold in early game is/was not enough to be in top10? :)

I don't think you understand if credits are cheaper to buy there cheaper to sell so it doesnt mather if you get a couple more credits comes down to the same thing that its p2w.

I don't think you understand if credits are cheaper to buy there cheaper to sell so it doesn't mather if you get a couple more credits comes down to the same thing that its p2w.

Just like with Trion, its actually the people who don't want to buy credits with cash and choose to obtain them through others or through popping credit packs/apex that are feeding the strength of the P2w. If everyone just bought what they needed themselves, there wouldn't be P2w. It would be pay for your advantage as there would be no direct sales for gold gain if nobody traded gold for them, just items that would help you make more gold/save you time to obtain would be worth purchasing. Its always been the demand of F2p players that makes the P2w so strong in this game (besides the final reward in the $150 packages Trion had, be we don't have those here).

I mentioned that $20 because it could get you all the the "P2w" land that is being complained about plus a mount... Thats only $5 more than if you would have started your account with patron on a Trion server... Thats a pretty damn good deal. To start with a nice plot of land like that on Trion versions it was $150 and you didn't have to spend resources to build it. Thats much more extreme P2w.

The truth is, devs need to make money to keep this server running and this cash shop really wasn't that bad. If you choose not to donate money to keep this server going, someone else will and they will make a profit off it most likely due to the demand of people not willing to spend money. Thats just how things work with F2p games to keep them running, especially a private server...

Are people forgetting just how much labour you get per day? 11,520 labour just from natural regen, and then you have 3k extra per day if you bought the very cheap 3k labour/day thing in the cash shop. I think translated to gold, that's 50g. With 14,520 labour per day, that's easily 1000-2000g per day just from being smart about your labour spenditure. I've not spent a damn cent on this game and yet I can reach top 100 gear score if I put my will into it. Was just playing a little less the past few days so I just barely didn't breach top 100, but I'm still not far behind. Now I got 28k labour worth of potions sitting in my inventory, so I can make all the money I ever need to stay competitive gear-wise.

To put into perspective, on official Trinopls servers you only get 2880 labour per day. Half that if you don't swipe for Patron, and I believe this was the core problem on ArcheAge lead by Trino. Choked to death by no labour to make money, so you had to swipe to bypass that disgusting shit.

Yes, this server is P2W, but you're not really restricted time-wise.

well the gold sellers are already present in this server, also if your smart with your labor know whats in demand in this patch you can make 1k-2k a day especially if you have multiple 28's /24's. which in the long run it is kind of p2w especially since tree houses were allowed on day 1 it took up all the land and if places right you could deny multiple areas to place in the housing areas. so take it as you will but now its best to save up and buy the land on sale or hope to god your lucky once Auroria opens and find some land.

We definitely have gold sellers lol, i have seen general merchant items being listed and sold for like 950 gold on the market. That stuff is so easy to track why do they even bother lol.

Back