What's new

Wrathsmite Change

Frontbutt

Hello, I’d like to propose a wrathsmite change. To craft a metal t7 it requires 30 wrathsmites while a wooden t7 needs 12 Kadums bark. I propose either a mod to reduce the amount of wrathsmites needed or add wrathsmites to the Kadum rng box.

Metal t7 = 30 wrath’s x 1800 current price = 54,000 gold (x 2 each hand =108,000 gold. Depending on class)
2h t7 = 12 bark x 700 = 8,400 gold.

Why does a wooden weapons cost half the size require more mats?

Kadums bark is so much easier to acquire since it’s right after MM and raid is ready to go and very little is needed for t7.

Wrathsmights is much harder need to find a group capable of clearing the boss and sometimes can be cancer to do again depending on your group. This mat is needed so often and so many is needed for t7.

Let me know your thoughts guys and maybe we can get something worked out with the AR team.

Last edited:
I think this wasn't a huge deal on live because of the linked auction houses and the huge amount of pve/carebear type players that would run mistsong. While I don't know if reducing the number of wrathsmites required is the solution, I do think that something has to give. What if mistsong dropped a wrathsmite for everyone in the party for Taris kinda like the reticules? That would be a fix really similar to what was done for the Kraken Ink Sacs -- don't lower the requirement, but raise the amount available on the market to lower the crafting barrier.

Side note, interesting fact, on retail they at some point added Kadum's bark to a daily quest for Kadum, so price dropped massively. Iirc it got reverted later ?

I like your suggestion regarding the way the wrathsmites drop in MS, @HNIC_Steamroller

Side note, interesting fact, on retail they at some point added Kadum's bark to a daily quest for Kadum, so price dropped massively. Iirc it got reverted later ?

I like your suggestion regarding the way the wrathsmites drop in MS, @HNIC_Steamroller

Thanks. One thing I just thought of that definitely sets this server apart from live is that this server has a ton of custom daily events. Every day there are a few extra things to do that were never available on live. All of this custom content (hasla rift, fisher daily, treasure daily, pack dailies, new green quests) is limiting the amount of availability to run dungeons. My guild often just doesn't have time to run many extra dungeons. When folks get home from work, we normally do whatever daily there is that day, then some stuff like wh/aegis/gr/cr/etc between their normal gold-generation and progression tasks, then get ready for reset by doing guild dailies and heart of ayanad. At reset, it's normally some combination of gr/cr/aegis/wh, then halcy war, then maybe some other stuff, and then everyone logs out for the night.

Since I personally hate running dungeons, I'm a fan of this playstyle. Where it becomes a problem, though, is when people clearly aren't running mistsong enough because they're too busy doing other content. There are only so many hours in the day that people can play.

It’s only “metal” based weapons that require wrathsmites, it’s only “wooden” weapons that don’t require wrathsmites. Two hander Nodachis, greatswords etc still need wrathsmites. These are endgame weapons something that should be costly to farm, MSS it self isn’t a hard dungeon as long as you know the mechanics, unless your a whale you shouldn’t have two t7 one handers as the only benefit is the equip effect no difference in DPS with two. Archers & Mages get it easy compared to melee and imo it’s sort of a balance since more gold is needed to gear other parts of archers/mages compared to melee.

Imo leave the recipes alone, there has always been a supply of wrathsmites in the server with the price being around 1.2 - 2k depending on the amount of legendaries created in a short period of time. 4.0 just hit and people are regrading more than usual if you want to save extra gold run yourself or wait for them to drop.

Wrathsmites and kadums bark are obtained with very different means.
Kadum is a limited number per day where each player has 1 chance per day to get a bark.
Wrathsmites are a dungeon boss reward. A dungeon that that can be done many times in one day.

Prices are controlled by players who are selling which is where the difference comes in.

Though this is not a no to an idea of change. As if you can provide a good enough reason we can consider changing it

Lol good enough reason to change it.... im pretty sure that was just pointed out. There should be a change because one piece shouldn't cost a mere 8400g and the other 54k, that's a HUGE difference, especially to one that isn't fast with gold making. I would rather take a month slowly buying bark vs spending a lot buying wrathsmite. Not everyone has killers/friends to grind a dungeon mindlessly over and over to get wrathsmite, while a bunch of ppl do kadum u can just randomly join.

Prices are determined by supply and demand, since divine is the new base line and regardes got a boost its safe to assume that legendary + grades will start appearing more frequently reducing the price of these grades. This will allow new players to buy them and further more adding more demand supply wont be able keep up with.. Kadum takes about 30 minutes to do and every one has a chance to get one and ran 3-4 + times a day. Meanwhile MSS takes allot longer to do only dropping 1 per run yes you can run it multiple times but who is really spending 5 + hrs in most song every day?. The cost ratio between bark and wrath is 1:2 also needing about 3x the amount.

Last edited:
Archers & Mages get it easy compared to melee and imo it’s sort of a balance since more gold is needed to gear other parts of archers/mages compared to melee.

I was gonna agree with Dahmers suggestion but I see a very valid point in what Droth says.

You cannot take current price and tiering two t7s as argument. Smites are often at 1000-1200g too just like barks sometimes. And tiering two weapons should of course be more expensive than a single carpentry weapon.

Archers & Mages get it easy compared to melee and imo it’s sort of a balance since more gold is needed to gear other parts of archers/mages compared to melee.

I was gonna agree with Dahmers suggestion but I see a very valid point in what Droth says.

What about healers though? :') I mean, if I would want to t7 a club and a shield, I'd need 30 wrathsmites and 12 kadum's bark. Falls right in the middle of 2h vs dual wield cost.

And tiering two weapons should of course be more expensive than a single carpentry weapon.

Idk why he added the dual wield one but price difference still noticeable imo. I know price fluctuates but that doesn't change it still is more expensive to have to use wrathsmites over barks, no matter if you grind them or buy them. It is either more time intensive or more gold expensive.

Edit: I'm getting a bit confused now with this thread lol taking a break from it xD

depending on the amount of legendaries created in a short period of time. 4.0 just hit and people are regrading more than usual

Legendary just got easier to obtain. The demand isn't going to drop. If anything, it's going to go up. And nobody's arguing that mistsong is hard; it can be done in 15-20 minutes by 3 decently-geared players who know the mechanics. Faster with more. It just really boils down to how you want to spend your time in-game. Right now, to a lot of people, it doesn't make sense to buy 30 wrathsmites @ 1800g each if you can farm them... but I'd rather gouge out my own eyes with a rusty hypodermic needle off the streets of Seattle than do 5 mistsong runs a day for 6 days.

Legendary just got easier to obtain. The demand isn't going to drop. If anything, it's going to go up. And nobody's arguing that mistsong is hard; it can be done in 15-20 minutes by 3 decently-geared players who know the mechanics. Faster with more. It just really boils down to how you want to spend your time in-game. Right now, to a lot of people, it doesn't make sense to buy 30 wrathsmites @ 1800g each if you can farm them... but I'd rather gouge out my own eyes with a rusty hypodermic needle off the streets of Seattle than do 5 mistsong runs a day for 6 days.
They did get easier to obtain and there is still a wrathsmite market for them, even when Amatox regraded 3.5million worth of exploited gold and was hitting legendaries daily there was still a market for wrathsmites, groups will start to run mistsong again when they realise it's extremely profitable.

If you don't want to run mistsong for your t7 then you're more than welcome to buy wrathsmites, these are endgame weapons that are meant to be hard to farm.

They did get easier to obtain and there is still a wrathsmite market for them, even when Amatox regraded 3.5million worth of exploited gold and was hitting legendaries daily there was still a market for wrathsmites, groups will start to run mistsong again when they realise it's extremely profitable.

If you don't want to run mistsong for your t7 then you're more than welcome to buy wrathsmites, these are endgame weapons that are meant to be hard to farm.

Then let's make all obsidian t7 weapons take 30 wrathsmites to eliminate the disparity between wooden and metal weapons. Since they're endgame weapons and should be hard to obtain.

why not make both as requirement for T7 for example if you ned 20 bark/wrathsmite, make all recipes have 10 bark and 10 wrathsmite, so the crafting cost for wood and metal weapons would be the same

Then let's make all obsidian t7 weapons take 30 wrathsmites to eliminate the disparity between wooden and metal weapons. Since they're endgame weapons and should be hard to obtain.
Different classes require different items in order to be viable at endgame, a lege t7 bow archer will do some damage but no where near the same as a lege t7 melee unless the archer has spent additional gold on off-hand weapons with crit gems etc.
Honestly I'd increase the amount of Kadum Bark's if anything which would start make it slightly harder for wooden weapons while bringing the supply of Kadum's bark down.
At the end of the day it's supply & demand, the server kills kadum twice a day with normally I'd guess around 60-70 players and people wonder why Kadum's bark has dropped to 450g.

Different classes require different items in order to be viable at endgame, a lege t7 bow archer will do some damage but no where near the same as a lege t7 melee unless the archer has spent additional gold on off-hand weapons with crit gems etc.

How does this logic come into play with healer weapons?

The bottom line here is that there's some massive disparity in the cost of crafting different types of T7 weapons for no real discernible reason other than for the sake of having different crafting requirements. I don't believe that the argument that archers don't do as much damage as darkrunners is a valid one, because I don't think that the reason the recipes are different is for the sake of balance. I think it's solely for the sake of having different recipes. It's the same reason T6 fists are way cheaper than T6 caps. There's no actual logic behind it -- there are just different crafting requirements for different recipes. Having T6 fists (as a melee or an archer) is way more important than having a T6 cap, but the T6 cap costs way more to make.

I understand that you probably don't want cheaper T7s because you already have a T7 and you put in the work for it, but there's no reason one type of T7 should cost significantly more than an Erenor and another type costs less than 10% of that.

Erenors don't get critical damage unlike metal weapons (and a bow), if you go erenor you normally go longspear or shortspear otherwise it's better to go for an obsidian t7.
Me having my T7 plays no part in this, I've had this since 3.0 I just don't want another economy to crash purely because of people complaining that endgame gear is too hard to get.
You're right that XLGames probably didn't give a shit about the crafting recipes and instead they've wanted to include more different materials in order to have some sort of economy however honestly it's balanced out some-what the way it's been done.
Endgame gear is meant to be 'endgame', it's meant to be something to work towards rather than be easily gotten. 30 Wrathsmites are apart of the grind for metal T7's. I see nothing wrong in the current recipes but if a change is to be made I'd honestly prefer Kadum's Barks being increased to deal with the huge supply at the moment.
You have to remember this is a player driven economy, only a few weeks ago Kadum's Barks were also 1,000g+ but then people started to kill Kadum quite often. If suddenly more groups starting running Mistsong you'd also see a noticeable drop in the prices.

Back