What's new

x1 experience realm?

Would you like to see a realm like this added?

• Total voters

Tareq Tahtah

I would personally like to see a x1 experience old school archeage realm without all of the quality of life additions added. For me the server right now completely fails to give me the feeling of adventure I got out of the game before it went Pay to Win.

I wonder if anyone agrees with me on this?

Should've put: "And tell me why" because I genuinely wonder why. Personally I enjoyed the leveling experience in the original Archeage and feel like it shouldn't just be a short period just to get to the endgame.

Its super slow and would be the same P2w if not more due to people trying to get ahead on limited in game resources. Official servers has always been P2W from the original launch (I was on Ollo). The non-p2w time was the beta.

I play this server because I like the pace and other changes from Official versions. I'm not starting over. This is my fourth main toon and I'm not restarting again, especially at normal server rates.

Not saying the realm would have to go away, and I see the point about the population. But I feel like I'm not the only one who likes the relatively long leveling experience. I come from a Vanilla WoW server and played through Alpha and Beta on AA before quitting the game at launch. I just would like to see a realm like that, and I got the feeling other people feel like I do, at least to some extent. If not, well then bad luck I guess... Increased leveling just isn't something for everyone, especially not for me.

Not saying the realm would have to go away, and I see the point about the population. But I feel like I'm not the only one who likes the relatively long leveling experience. I come from a Vanilla WoW server and played through Alpha and Beta on AA before quitting the game at launch. I just would like to see a realm like that, and I got the feeling other people feel like I do, at least to some extent. If not, well then bad luck I guess... Increased leveling just isn't something for everyone, especially not for me.

The thing is that a huge majority of people playing this private server has leveled the long and hard way before, most likely multiple times (I did it 3 times on official servers). Not only that, AA is much more player driven rather than story driven. The lore and story is cool but not as important or relevant as if you were playing FF14.

The increased leveling is so desirable because the real part of the game starts when you become 50 and start gearing. If you want 1x rate servers there are plenty already in existence to experience, and they should have another fresh start server in 4-5 months. If you want to get to the real parts that people continue to play the game for, this server gets you there quickly.

Levelling in ArcheAge is good for the first time you do it. Once you've discovered the world, you know it all. Trust me, no one wants to experience 55 levels of boring exp/labor burning

Anyone I brought into Archeage had to be convinced that the endgame is worth trodding through the comparatively lame PVE and story.

I guess I have my answer then. I absolutely hate the casual playstyle of current day MMO's and it seems I'm alone in this on this tread. Thank you all for your answers

The thing is that a huge majority of people playing this private server has leveled the long and hard way before, most likely multiple times (I did it 3 times on official servers). Not only that, AA is much more player driven rather than story driven. The lore and story is cool but not as important or relevant as if you were playing FF14.

The increased leveling is so desirable because the real part of the game starts when you become 50 and start gearing. If you want 1x rate servers there are plenty already in existence to experience, and they should have another fresh start server in 4-5 months. If you want to get to the real parts that people continue to play the game for, this server gets you there quickly.
Which x1 servers are there? haven't found one yet.

I guess I have my answer then. I absolutely hate the casual playstyle of current day MMO's and it seems I'm alone in this on this tread. Thank you all for your answers

How is this "casual"? The game is a never ending grind, they just made the initial leveling quicker to get to the real game. Like I said, the real game doesnt start until you reach 52 and start gearing (usually Id say 50 but due to crafting requirements, I changed it). Thats when you see the real content that this game is about.

As you said yourself, you only played archeage for alpha/beta through launch. The majority of us here have had to level up alts on archeage servers at least 2 times (first launch, first fresh start) and then a third time (third fresh start) and that's not counting all the alt characters we had to level up. The quests in this game aren't very interesting, they're mostly kill x amount of mobs or go fetch this.

Even if they lowered the exp rates, you still wouldn't be getting a slow progression unless they launched a pre-1.0/1.0 private server. This is version 2.9, and there are so many catch up mechanics in game that it makes progression much faster than what you remember. All private server bonuses aside, there's still: temporary farm cart merit award, temporary merchant ship merit award, obsidian weapons, soul forged weapons, obsidian armor, auroria gear, armor/weapon crafting manors.

Those mechanics, which are hardwired into the game, do way more to speed up progression than an increased exp rate. All the increased exp rate does is let you skip the boring parts of the game and get you to the point where you can really choose what you want to do with your time and enjoy the remaining sand in the sandbox.

If you are looking for a game to play for a quality leveling experience you came to the wrong place friend.

Should've put: "And tell me why" because I genuinely wonder why. Personally I enjoyed the leveling experience in the original Archeage and feel like it shouldn't just be a short period just to get to the endgame.
80% of the quests consist of kill ‘X’ amount of mobs, turn in and repeat. And I’m guessing you never played first patch of level 55, where you had to grind library 10 hours a day for over a week to get 55. I’m lacking to see the adventure.

Who the fuck enjoyed leveling in this game? That was a deterrent from me even playing this server at first.

Didn't enjoy the leveling part and I am glad to be through with it. I definitely wouldn't start over with an even harder leveling system.

Back