What's new

p2w rng boxes?

mechsauce

is this confirm that the staff dont wana provide us regrade scrolls in the rng boxes? or its still planned in the future after these halloween boxes?

They’re currently taking in feedback about this - the issue is there is a real divide between those that want it in the boxes and those that don’t.
In a lot of cases, it’s not even the big swipers that want it in the boxes.

At this stage we’ve had no clear answer on how/when they’ll be implemented.

They've already stated they're coming lol why do people make posts like these every day (week). Quit ya complaining and get ready for it

If thats enough to make you quit why bother playing in the first place?

This is ARCHEAGE my dude, not hello kitty online
LOL man that is enough to make me quit, lets face it, the game is 100% p2w already, but making it rngboxp2w is another topic, its something wayyyy worse than p2w, and im not at allok with taht, thats the reason om not on trion server, tell me, what reason you have to play here instead of trion if you are ok with all teh p2w stuff?

LOL man that is enough to make me quit, lets face it, the game is 100% p2w already, but making it rngboxp2w is another topic, its something wayyyy worse than p2w, and im not at allok with taht, thats the reason om not on trion server, tell me, what reason you have to play here instead of trion if you are ok with all teh p2w stuff?
Because i'm not behind people on trion server by 3-4k gs if i started new there? lol personally i dont care about p2w stuff, getting a job isn't a problem. Everyone on this server is starting fresh and if you fall behind on gear thats on you

It is not very p2w... seriously free patron and awesome labor, halved times for everything, better exp, better honor and voc gain... like seriously.

Do ppl expect the ones running this game to pull money outta their butts to pay for the server? I'm sure it's not cheap.

I'll still play either way.. but make no mistake, this server makes money hand over fist. I'm sure they're not very happy with the money they've lost since donations have been down. RNG boxes simply tempt the gamblers to donate more.

I fucking swear to god, your definition for p2w is so obscure, literally any game where you can buy things within it is p2w. Live Archeage would be classed p2w with BIS end-game content like cars or boats being purchasable for cash (and sometimes cash exclusivley), this version counters the p2w so well, but thats not gonna stop whales who will swipe to win no matter what.

Because i'm not behind people on trion server by 3-4k gs if i started new there? lol personally i dont care about p2w stuff, getting a job isn't a problem. Everyone on this server is starting fresh and if you fall behind on gear thats on you

If you're behind 3-4k on Trino servers, what makes you think it won't be the same case here? It isn't like we have 100% full mythic regrade rates....

If you're behind 3-4k on Trino servers, what makes you think it won't be the same case here? It isn't like we have 100% full mythic regrade rates....
lol you're missing the point completely. I don't play trion's archeage because IF I STARTED NOW I will be 4k gs behind everyone else. where as on here the FRESH START meant everyone started at the same point lol

I think the whole thing here when people say P2W with archeage is meaning is there anything in the game that gives a swipper an advantage over the common non-swiper. To answer that question, yes this server does have elements that are "p2w".
- Scarecrow farms
- Treehouse
- Charms
- Vocation Box from the RNG chest
etc...

Where the line is drawn with most people who dislike the RNG boxes is the fact that they put Archeum in it. So esentially someone could literally pay real money for all the archeum they want to make their gear + buy the charms with real money as well to further increase their gear score. I believe this line is where people are getting upset because while some people can say "get a job" they obviously are just a kid who doesn't know a single thing about real life. Some people have a home, kids, child support (which can take 20%+ from a check), grocories, lights, cable, internet, cell phones. All these things take into account when a non-whale decides to spend money on a game.

With that being said, a non-whale who has limited amounts of "Entertainment Money" doesn't want to spend it on an RNG box with a chance to close the gap and be competitive vs someone who just has gobs of money to throw at the game to face roll everyone. It's important to understand that majority of the players here are prob non-whaler's just spending what they can to help support the server and in return get a few things they want.

Yes, being able to purchase real money currency in game will help some of those non-whalers and i wont deny that part. In the end this is always going to be a touchy subject between the trolls / non-whalers / whalers. My personal opinion is against the RNG boxes but at the same time it wont affect me one way or the other as i already know what i'm doing in this game. I'm just merely trying to shed light on how i think most of the players who are against this would see it.

I think the whole thing here when people say P2W with archeage is meaning is there anything in the game that gives a swipper an advantage over the common non-swiper. To answer that question, yes this server does have elements that are "p2w".
- Scarecrow farms
- Treehouse
- Charms
- Vocation Box from the RNG chest
etc...

Where the line is drawn with most people who dislike the RNG boxes is the fact that they put Archeum in it. So esentially someone could literally pay real money for all the archeum they want to make their gear + buy the charms with real money as well to further increase their gear score. I believe this line is where people are getting upset because while some people can say "get a job" they obviously are just a kid who doesn't know a single thing about real life. Some people have a home, kids, child support (which can take 20%+ from a check), grocories, lights, cable, internet, cell phones. All these things take into account when a non-whale decides to spend money on a game.

With that being said, a non-whale who has limited amounts of "Entertainment Money" doesn't want to spend it on an RNG box with a chance to close the gap and be competitive vs someone who just has gobs of money to throw at the game to face roll everyone. It's important to understand that majority of the players here are prob non-whaler's just spending what they can to help support the server and in return get a few things they want.

Yes, being able to purchase real money currency in game will help some of those non-whalers and i wont deny that part. In the end this is always going to be a touchy subject between the trolls / non-whalers / whalers. My personal opinion is against the RNG boxes but at the same time it wont affect me one way or the other as i already know what i'm doing in this game. I'm just merely trying to shed light on how i think most of the players who are against this would see it.
you got it man. i prefer the server to be like BDO it's not pay 2 win but pay 2 convenience

you got it man. i prefer the server to be like BDO it's not pay 2 win but pay 2 convenience

Problem with that would be that most of the people that want the RNG boxes to be pay 2 win could argue that it would be considered pay to convenience. It's more convenient for them to pay real money to get something they'd otherwise have to own land + gather materials (archeum water and archeum tree's) + wait the time + gather after the time is reached. We are a generation of gamer's who are engrossed with instant gratification, the moment something becomes instant gratifying a thing becomes the sterotypical p2w scenario in a lot of peoples eyes.

Some of us are no longer content with taking time to get things done. EQ1 had 72 man raids and only 1 or 2 people actually got something useful for their class. Gone are those days now, where a person can drop 100's of real money on a game and b at the tippy top with very little effort at all in game. Then again if a person has the money to throw at a game to be like that, more power to them. It's just not my style of play.

The main problem i see with this style of thinking is that those of us who wish or are even forced to do things the "hard way" are now forced to have to deal with those who don't. That puts us at a disadvantage, while some of us will break down and buy the credits for the cash shop to try and maintain on a competitive level it wont be enough and will eventually ruin the game for those people and then we can all sit back and watch people say in faction chat "Dead server bst svr" all over again. lol

we can all sit back and watch people say in faction chat "Dead server bst svr" all over again. lol

This is already happening ;)

We will see hopefully soon we will get a response from the admins once the donation system comes back online to what the next RNG box will contain,

Back