What's new

Suggestion to fix the land problem that drives away so many new players

I feel people aren't searching enough, they want land readily available the moment they start and archeage wasn't like that EVER on active server. There are plenty of unused zones in AA where it could be made available for fresh accounts like if they have 0 properties, they would be allowed to place 16 or whatever. Now those zones are reserved only for 8x8. Quad cost for tax certs would be ridiculous...
If people want lands, they join some guild which gives land space or helps grab land space... some people even lower their prices when selling grabbed land if they see its a new player. I'm talking mainly about the EAST tho, don't know the situation on the west.
Obviously there's not space for 28x28, but I mean really? Fresh players start from treehouses?
Lets say we take ur absurd proposal tax certs quad cost -> 800 LP :D So with maximum daily LP (without stipend) -> 11520 LP so in turn u would be able to make like 70 tax certificates... are u insane, u want still playing players to quit this server too i guess...
Already seen today 16s demos being sold in savannah for 180g... But no... new players need villanelle coastal land 44x44 mansions yes for free?
Another proposal to make tax certs to need mats, u're basically asking to make this server like official with PATRON, the only difference the patron will reflect on u crafting taxes, not generating labor, i thought we want to get away from that patron nonsense, but u're asking to get shot in the foot again?
And depending on the zones sometimes there's no one even there when the demo happens... especially 16s.
People just need to work that extra time to find the expiring properties in less desired locations like windscour, perinoor, hasla or even arcum.
As i said lately land prices dropped a lot, so this thread is just pointless... unless u want to drive the still playing players away with some penalties for working their asses off buying land to get all properties connected etc.
And most of the people quit AA not because of lack of land, but lack of time, because AA eats a lot of time if u want to get somewhere, get gear, get ship, get house, get whatever else.
It seems u're following the same strategy as the service companies do, shit on old loyal customers and give all the discounts to the new ones forgetting that the old ones even existed...

im sorry but no matter how much you cry you don't need 8 farms all touching eachother to play the game.

I don't care if new players are lazy or not
I don't care if you can buy land cheaply or expensively
BUT what frustrates me is when a player that had quit the game and don't play to have his landS paid in full while new and old players struggle to find a 16x16 plot.

My solution is simple ..Vocation. Simply add a vocation item to the tax cert recipe . if you wanna keep your land work so you can get vocation so you can cover your taxes. Simple and fair.

I don't care if new players are lazy or not
I don't care if you can buy land cheaply or expensively
BUT what frustrates me is when a player that had quit the game and don't play to have his landS paid in full while new and old players struggle to find a 16x16 plot.

My solution is simple ..Vocation. Simply add a vocation item to the tax cert recipe . if you wanna keep your land work so you can get vocation so you can cover your taxes. Simple and fair.
Wow entitled much? Stop being lazy and go get land

i personally don't understand this struggle tho, cause just today 24x24 in savannah was demoing... 0 people around... where's the struggle?
so lets say a person only does trade runs, so by ur standards and vocation badge shop suggestion he doesn't deserve to have land? cause u don't get vocation badges for doing trade packs do you? What you gonna do when 3.0 hits and u're able to get only ~7k-8K vocation badges per day max? :D
everyone's been there, first months scouting for land, making some golds, maybe joining some guild to help with making gold and providing land to get you started.
From my understanding people just gonna scream no land no land, everything taken no matter what, so I'm just gonna stick to bladerunner's post: "Leave the land alone just ban alt accounts and stop beating dead horse, who wants land should buy it from other players. Close the thread."

i personally don't understand this struggle tho, cause just today 24x24 in savannah was demoing... 0 people around... where's the struggle?
so lets say a person only does trade runs, so by ur standards and vocation badge shop suggestion he doesn't deserve to have land? cause u don't get vocation badges for doing trade packs do you? What you gonna do when 3.0 hits and u're able to get only ~7k-8K vocation badges per day max? :D
everyone's been there, first months scouting for land, making some golds, maybe joining some guild to help with making gold and providing land to get you started.
From my understanding people just gonna scream no land no land, everything taken no matter what, so I'm just gonna stick to bladerunner's post: "Leave the land alone just ban alt accounts and stop beating dead horse, who wants land should buy it from other players. Close the thread."
You don't get vocation but you get gold because of your land :) buy vocation simple , work = reward.
You are simply asking the new players to do the work to earn a land. I agree. But players with existing lands should work to actually keep the land. not just burn labor and never open game. whether your work is in form of vocation or gold it doesn't matter as long as you work you get to keep your land

to the second point , just because you got land doesn't mean there are many lands demolishing everywhere.

You don't get vocation but you get gold because of your land :) buy vocation simple , work = reward.
You are simply asking the new players to do the work to earn a land. I agree. But players with existing lands should work to actually keep the land. not just burn labor and never open game. whether your work is in form of vocation or gold it doesn't matter as long as you work you get to keep your land

to the second point , just because you got land doesn't mean there are many lands demolishing everywhere.
BUT THERE ARE PLENTY OF DEMOLITIONS EVERYWHERE Do you understand engllish mate? There is also plenty of cheap land everywhere stop crying about a problem that doesnt exist

BUT THERE ARE PLENTY OF DEMOLITIONS EVERYWHERE Do you understand engllish mate? There is also plenty of cheap land everywhere stop crying about a problem that doesnt exist
lol first of all i have land and I am not looking for more. Do you know this thing where you put yourself in others shoes ? clearly you don't.

secondly demolitions aside because neither of us can prove if it happens that often or not. Do you see no problem in people having multiple lands and simply not use them or even play the game. And just cause you are too ignorant to see a problem doesn't mean it does not exist. no offense intended. Was that English enough for you to understand MATE :)

So because you found 1 needle in the haystack you expect everyone to be able to go find more needles in said haystack? I dont care what you do with your land my whole thing is its dumb to let people prepay with basically free tax certs months in advance and then lol quits game but maybe logs in once every month to pay taxes.

lol first of all i have land and I am not looking for more. Do you know this thing where you put yourself in others shoes ? clearly you don't.

secondly demolitions aside because neither of us can prove if it happens that often or not. Do you see no problem in people having multiple lands and simply not use them or even play the game. And just cause you are too ignorant to see a problem doesn't mean it does not exist. no offense intended. Was that English enough for you to understand MATE :)
Lol first of all read the whole thread im a new player those shoes are comfy mate secondly i can make a video of me running around checking all the demos everywhere so i can prove it lol people having multiple lands is fine not playing and hogging is not but they eventualy get tired of login in just to pay for land clearly you are ok with English but you lack comprehensive reading skill is that simple enough for you mate

Lol first of all read the whole thread im a new player those shoes are comfy mate secondly i can make a video of me running around checking all the demos everywhere so i can prove it lol people having multiple lands is fine not playing and hogging is not but they eventualy get tired of login in just to pay for land clearly you are ok with English but you lack comprehensive reading skill is that simple enough for you mate

I don't understand why you talk like this but alright.

First of all Someone posted here to fix a certain problem which he/she thinks drives the new players away. The discussion wasn't about whether it is a problem or not because ( sorry to shock you ) it is. Like it or not. Although some players seems to disagree on that but this is alright everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I posted my opinion on a possible fix.

Secondly, the oldest most boring argument is " You can't read" so grow up please. Would i have answered if i haven't read your post. Come on..

Lastly, I would love to see this video. I am all up for it. I haven't encountered a demo on this server but rarely. That doesn't mean it never happens. You claim it always does. Even better great news show me that video. You got a proof post it. Otherwise don't throw empty assumptions. You don't have ebough data to back up yout claims.

In the end again this is a discussion to fix a problem if you don't believe in it don't participate in it. Just don't go around insultng players cause they disagree with you and be childish about.

The fact that you are a new player that managed to get land is good but that doesn't make it a rule. That doesn't make it rasier for tens of others who couldn't. I can't go on and call them lazy or crying babies because they complain. We are supposed to be a community. Behaves like yours unfortunately create a toxic environment that pushes new players away.

I understand your opinion that land is ok as it is but I also understand that there are a lot of new players quiting because of it and that's why i posted here. Waiting for quiting players to be give up on land is no solution as you lose player everyday. I see no reason whatsoever for someone who does bo longer play to keep land reserved. New players are more worthy.

This is my last reply as i can't make my point anymore clear than that. Could br wrong, could be right this is just my opinion and my take on the matter the original poster wrote about.

Wow entitled much? Stop being lazy and go get land
I agree with him and i have more land than you, your best friend, and your guildmaster combined.

Its not about laziness, its about people quitting the game and still retaining all their land. That is undisputably wrong.

Ill put my money where my mouth is, uploading a video of 3 housing areas and how much land is available and you will see that there is no struggle just people being lazy to look for it.

So this is just a quick run trough 3 housing zones seen one demo grabbed one demo seen a lot of demos that are going to happen soon. Now i have been running around other housing zones and there is land everywhere for grabs and i bet half of the places ive seen wont even have competition.

So this is just a quick run trough 3 housing zones seen one demo grabbed one demo seen a lot of demos that are going to happen soon. Now i have been running around other housing zones and there is land everywhere for grabs and i bet half of the places ive seen wont even have competition.

Thank you for taking the time to make and post this video

THere is a GIGANTIC difference between land in demo and land that has demod.

I consistently let my land get within 3 days of demoing before I spend a day and a half of labor and just reset it all. I am positive a ton of other people do the same. Your video proves absolutely nothing until you can run around and find that many empty plots.

Im being real here, the video is misleading and slanted AF

Is there? Are you constantly Running around and looking for land trying to find better spots? Like i said and I stand by it there is land everywhere there is a ton of aqua farm space, there is tons of land going demo and will go demo because the owners forgot about them. In my short trip to record proof I ran in two demos oneoof which I grabbed with no competition and 3 more while i wasn't recording so i repeat there is no land problem. Starting to think you might have your eye set on some land that you want but can't get so you come here to try and make up an issue that doesn't existe. I'll record the turnout of tomorrows demo of two 16x16 next to each other tomorrow i bet its just going to be me and my horse.

I will totally agree there is a ton of aqua farm space. And Bungalow. Also I believe you when you say you find land "in demo" all over. I believe I explained why that is the case. I am one of the richest people on the server. I don't have my eye set on any land. I have more than I can handle. Im literally trying to find a way to get rid of my Growlgate Treehouse but because they arent certable its ridic hard to sell even though its a PRIME spot.

Back