What's new

fresh start?

just trying to gather some info regarding a fresh start server for those who wants a fresh start, or for new people that has absolutely no way of catching up without dropping thousands of dollars and whatever reason others may have for wanting a fresh start. opinions? yes? no? thoughts? if so can and will it be allowed?

They're pretty much already said multiple times they don't want to do a fresh start and it's not a business model they want to follow.

how long ago? because 6 months ago i asked for a name change and they said they don't want to do it fast forward to a few months ago and they were offering it?

I'd love a fresh start server that had the "no gold buying/selling" rule in place from the beginning. It'd be a healthier economy overall and a more enjoyable, if slower, experience.

Def not, this server is the last stop for this game, enough "Fresh Liquidity" servers. Game is barely hanging on as it is.

Fresh start is like a never ending circle.. six months later you will want another fresh start.. its a bad business model and it should die with Trion. Want fresh start ? go play live.

Whats reasonable and sensible to ask is catch up mechanism.

just trying to gather some info regarding a fresh start server for those who wants a fresh start, or for new people that has absolutely no way of catching up without dropping thousands of dollars and whatever reason

I can see why'd people would want a Fresh Start, what with Gold Buying running rampant on this server in the recent past. Giving certain players an unfair advantage, and now Gold Buying Ban... But not everyone bought gold, so it'd also be unfair to punish everyone by wiping the server. Plus I don't think the population is large enough to sustain 2 servers, they'd just end up getting merged again like what happens with Trion servers.

If the reason to make a fresh start server is to address the issue of new players/F2p not being able to catch up, then I'd rather they make some changes to address that instead of creating a new server. Otherwise one year later we'd all be in the same position again.

Last time same question was replied a week ago. Our stance on fresh starts haven't changed from then.
We don't like the politics of constant fresh starts and prefer to go another way, and continue developing already existing server.

i always giggle when i see the argument of "cannot catch up without a fresh start"
are you for real man, you can play 3 months and sit on 5K+ GS eaaaaasily. that is only 3K lower than the top players and high enough to participate in any PvP. those who really want to catch up can do it no matter what. and cut the "need to pay thousands of euros" crap. thats BS

on a fresh start, those who have 8K GS now will just nerd the crap out of the game and be ahead of you just like on the old servers. if you don't commit half your life to this game then you will never catch up to the top. fresh start only gives you the feeling for a month that you are on par before those who are the top now will be the top again.

Back