What's new

Popular Opinion - Nerf DR

Make didabled mobility skills of other skill trees (BR only)! Or nerf the range of skills to 10m or less! This is a fcking melee class! Wtheck is 20 meters??? Or just remove instant "castings". Short time casting/attacking time and make disable any form of animation cancelling! (except Gods whip pbecause that is fun :D ) But this is developer's work. We can drop ideas here, but the game will not change. This is "hardcoded" thing maybe.

I hope everyone realizes that even though Darkrunners are a scourge on this earth, are the type of people to eat Weetabix with no milk, can ACTUALLY eat more than one Shredded Wheat, cut kids balloon strings, take money from children in need, complain about gender inequality in the workplace despite never having jobs, go to protest anything and when they get interviewed can't explain why they're there, believe the earth is flat and the magic man in the sky made it about 2000 years ago, drive white vans with puppies in, constantly try and defend that their class has skill by banging their heads on the keyboard and use words like "lel" "Kek" and "Autism" to describe people with disagreements Krowley probably genuinely doesn't want them nerfed, even though they get a lot for very little effort.

Castrated yeah sound, but not nerfed.

Darkrunner is the most cheese class in this game. From inception to endgame it talks half the gear score to be twice as good as every other class. Too many stuns and CCs, too much burst DPS. A 2200 gear score DR can shitshow a 3600 every other class just because of the wombo combos it is provided with. Why play any other class when you can be a DR for half the cost?

Darkrunner is the most cheese class in this game. From inception to endgame it talks half the gear score to be twice as good as every other class. Too many stuns and CCs, too much burst DPS. A 2200 gear score DR can shitshow a 3600 every other class just because of the wombo combos it is provided with. Why play any other class when you can be a DR for half the cost?
Have you ever played this game?

Darkrunner online? Yeah I have. And I play DR for pve farming because goddamn it's ez mode. I should just stick with it for pvp too, for the same reason.
Great its settled then we should close the thread.. >_>

i agree they need a nerft, 3v3 arenas are disgusting, you know what team si gonna win before the fight starts cuz the one with the most darkrunners will always beat the other team. its freaking annoying and the reason people dont que for arenas anymore

Darkrunner is not broken, the problem is the lungem, you must have full honor lunagem of Resilience and Toughness to receive less damage from DR.

I've played at full gems, full divine set, max toughness and resi, 3% reduction slotted chest, and 60% phys reduction flat armor, on top of 30% triggered all dmg reduction passive, on top of a 17% standard all damage reduction 4000 or so resi, and 3000+ toughness (can't remember the exact figures).....

^ And they still hit too damn hard. With limited ways to slow down their damage. 2.9 introduced a new broken mechanic on top of an already growing mitigation problem, the 50% shield defence reduction and passive procs that reduce 10000 defence.

2000 phys def reduction flat + rings + dream ring + Lightning necklace + wallop shred + abyssal skills in 3.0 and oops 10000 phys def flat reduction procs makes Dark runners able to melt people in full plate and epic T7 physical shields. (I could go on and write a 3 page essay explaining how shitty the balance is regarding this class and a few other mage specs in regard to the "trinity" gameplay needed to balance most mmos. But I really don't have the time to be winded about game mechanics and common sense etc etc)

The devs here could tweak a few numbers and fix the class entirely while still leaving battlerage balanced. A few changes in baseline were already planned for 4.5 but the devs shifted around a bunch of stuff instead of hitting the nail around the head and thus making shit worse, which is why I quit in the first place....(BECAUSE THE KOREAN DEVELOPERS ARE INCOMPETENT.)

As with most korean teams, you would think math would be a strong point, that isn't the case. I worked with another pserver group to help balance rohan when we had a chance to get the files. The korean team later stole like 80% of my ideas and put them in the official game. That being said, developers like these don't really play their titles, so it takes a group of players that actually play the game and know math to fix things. How stupid is it when player servers had a more balanced game than official >_>? Maybe the dev here might customize some things to deal with balance. And maybe after its fixed we might end up having the possibility of dedicated PVP only servers. A literal 24/7 bloodbath of eternity @_@. Who knows, balls in their court. It isn't like we have some strict overlord Korean telling us what can and can't be in the game anymore. BTW Jake Song is a genius and a doofus at the same time. Someone send that idiot a calculator app.

There are only 2 things truly OP about a DR.

1. Since V1 up to V3 they have the ability to reduce both magic and physical damage recieved by 50% for 5 seconds on demand. In V3 of the game they can no longer do that, and the abilities that allowed for that are changed so they can only be activated if effected by the CC that it can lift.

2. Triple Slash causes Shaken without any need for a combo.
- Reduces move speed by 42%, skill damage and attack speed by 18%, and healing effectiveness by 47% for 3s.

I played DR for a long time when I played this game actively. It is a class with the potencial to be absolutely braindead and broken, but when played with low gearscore, can also be a super high skill cap class (but thats true for just about any class). However since picking up the healer role I now see how unbelievably broken they truly are. DRs have the ability to decrease healing in 3 different ways.

1. Thwart: applies Shaken in AoE
2. Stalkers Mark: decreased recieved healing by 35%
3. Triple Slash: applies Shaken on the first hit.
(combo)
(4). Charge>Backdrop>Behind Enemy Lines for a shaken effect. (Should only be attempted against those without BR, Witchcraft, or Vitalism and you should probably be using the Auroria gear for 1.5s longer snare on charge (.75s in PvP), or have good ping and fast attack speed. Even then the effect is wasted since Behind Enemy Lines causes another snare which Triple will then trip, wasting the duration of Shaken... Or use Tiger Strike for bonus damage... this got too long... what am I doing? Writing a guide on how to not be a cookie cutter DR?)

Anyone being actively attacked by a DR can be extremely hard to effectively heal, especially when it is yourself as a healer.

TBH however this is not a problem with DRs, but with Battlerage in general. A zero CD ability which reduces received healing by 47% on the very first hit of the attack? Thats pretty broken when compared with all the other ways to reduce healing.

1. Thwart: 15s CD (but just as effective sharing a 3s duration
2. Stalkers Mark: 27s CD (upto -27% CD with 10 passive and two hander)
3. Mirror Light: 18s CD with -30% healing lasting 20s but also has a snare....... Mirror Light is awesome ^_^

There are more ways to apply -Healing% but as far as I can remember it is all through the use of Combos

Example: Behind Enemy Lines causes Shaken on snared targets.

Other than that it is simply very easy at the start of the game for DRs to just dunk on people, having multiple trip combos to work with, immunity to all forms of CC except fear, and 2 abilities with some of the highest ST damage offered in the game.

All this being said, if your a damage dealer, there is always a way to attack someone. No matter how cheesy the class is, there is a weakness soooomewhere. You just simply have to find out how your class can exploit it. (DRs are normally squishy having low HP in favor of high attack. 2.9 however still leaves them with their -50% damage recieved effects.)

But if your a low GS healer, your fucked so have fun.

PS. I am sure I have some info wrong in here, and I am sure I am missing some information that should be here, but im still relearning some parts of the game so I don't have all the info on everything.

They end up nerfing some of the applied effects of shaken in 3.0. But I dunno wtf, or who the fuck decided to pump up healing ability to the point where it needed 60% reduction bonus applied to damn near everything in later patches....ugh....I'm not gonna get into it, I get triggered by shitty math.

They should be nerfed, I agree. If they manage to get a stun off, one Precision Strike, you're probably done. I think the problem is Mistsong Nodachi, but Im not a game designer.

That said, you can still beat them. Learn to kite. Learn to use stealth to make them lose target. Activate your stun immunity when they manage to close.

Î mean, I know you went with "popular opinion" but I'm not sure it is, given that there's around 50% of the playerbase currently running as DR.

They end up nerfing some of the applied effects of shaken in 3.0. But I dunno wtf, or who the fuck decided to pump up healing ability to the point where it needed 60% reduction bonus applied to damn near everything in later patches....ugh....I'm not gonna get into it, I get triggered by shitty math.

YOU KNOW, you know! I know your pain, Crit healing at high gs was ridiculous, instead of tweaking the crit modifier they lowered base healing amounts. But crit healing remained as potent as ever and became the only thing capable of outhealing burst DRs. Which they then tried to fix with more -heal% effects. The whole thing infuriates me, because you could easily fix this issue, but instead they made healing both underpowered and overpowered at the same time...

I agree with the need for a nerf somehow, but i do know a lot of the community loves the play style of a dark runner. I dont know about you but in later stages of the game if youre a good tank or other dps class beating the majority of dark runners should be a [bcolor=rgb(246, 213, 217)]pretty easy. :)
[/bcolor]
[bcolor=rgb(246, 213, 217)]I am running full plate as a mage right now simply because of how many dark runners there are. [/bcolor]

i agree they need a nerft, 3v3 arenas are disgusting, you know what team si gonna win before the fight starts cuz the one with the most darkrunners will always beat the other team. its freaking annoying and the reason people dont que for arenas anymore
Wrong. Team with the cleric wins.

Can't peel for a cleric when you're slept or stunned, and the wombo combo pretty much oneshots most clerics I've seen in arena.
Not in 3v3 arena.. if so, you're playing with some trash clerics.
I am going to start playing cleric for 3v3s because it's ez mode win. That's why the top rank for 3v3 rn is a cleric.

Side note, as someone who played cleric for a long time, you've more than enough tools to self peel for yourself, just have to be a decent player. Though generally, having half a brain is enough to win the 3v3when you're a cleric.
Obviously open world is a different story.

Back