What's new

3.0 Upgrade Housing & Proficiency

Splodge

I have a question that may have been covered somewhere already. When 3.0 comes out will the upgraded houses have proficiency requirements like they do in retail or will that be left off? The proficiency requirement never should have been added in retail as it was basically a bait & switch tactic. I am hoping the added requirement gets dropped off here.

I'm hoping that they keep the proficiency requirement on the houses so that some professions that are now pointless will have a point again. Like alchemy, cooking, and printing (in regards to buff consumables).

I am hoping staff will answer this question. Are upgraded houses remaining proficiency free?

No, they are no longer free.
For example, for lumber x100 you need 30k in carpentry. To compare, regular Workbench needs 50k for lumber x10.

That is unfortunate. This was a really bad change that was implemented by Trion and should be undone. You buy/build a house because it gives you certain abilities and you expect it to stay that way. Adding a proficiency requirement is like pulling the rug out from under someone. The server is already hurting for mats in the AH. This change will not help that. I would recommend undoing this change before the 3.0 launch. At a minimum I would recommend fixing this as soon as possible.

That is unfortunate. This was a really bad change that was implemented by Trion and should be undone. You buy/build a house because it gives you certain abilities and you expect it to stay that way. Adding a proficiency requirement is like pulling the rug out from under someone. The server is already hurting for mats in the AH. This change will not help that. I would recommend undoing this change before the 3.0 launch. At a minimum I would recommend fixing this as soon as possible.

T4 dawnsdrop boots without a boost to carpentry provided by a double-bladed saw or a juju fetish would still mean you could use it with only 10k prof. If you haven't maxed it by now just goofing with it alone somethings wrong. Does not need to be fixed.

T4 dawnsdrop boots without a boost to carpentry provided by a double-bladed saw or a juju fetish would still mean you could use it with only 10k prof. If you haven't maxed it by now just goofing with it alone somethings wrong. Does not need to be fixed.

Sorry but that argument doesn't fly. Tell me how your reasoning allows someone who owns an apothecary house to make Kraken's Might. Before 3.0 they could craft the potion. After 3.0 they cannot. You can have the 20k in proficiency boosts and the best Dawnsdrop and you are going to be nowhere close to being able to use that feature on your house. How about you reset your proficiency levels back to the minimum (20k?) and tell me how well your houses work for you.

No new release should take away your ability to do something you once did with something you own. If it was zero proficiency before it should remain zero proficiency now. Here is an example that may make things easier for people to understand. How would you react if zero proficiency tax certificate generation were completely removed? What if all you had now was the unbound certs that took 230k proficiency? Would you be singing the same tune? If you are honest you'd say hell no. There would be an uproar if that got taken away. The upgraded housing is no different.

Back