What's new

Age V Rage?

Cannibal

I've not played Age in about 3 years and I quit here about a year ago when the lack if transparency and ping made it unplayable for me even with ping and VPN tools.

I'm asking for an unbiased response, regardless of how awful Trion was as a company they've been bought out and it seems less P2W and more about grinding for Hiran gear.

I don't plan on whaling at all, I used to here and on Age a lot but I'm past that point.

I had an epic obsidian staff and full celestial obsidian here but I dont think I have anything on Age. It seems that this server is pretty heavily fuelled by what's in the cash shop even years later, and I played on release date with the cash shop farms available.

Is Age honestly that bad these days if I'm not considering swiping? People seem 50/50 on their opinions and I'd be grateful for some responses.

Thanks

It's honestly about what you find fun. Do you find more time to do what you want thanks to 4x labor, custom changes, and a less bot-filled community fun at the expense of ping? Or do you find playing the vanilla version of a game being run by a company that has a known track record for being a graveyard for some really good games fun at the expense of knowing the game will either die very quickly or change hands another time?

You'll spend more time managing resources here than you will be grinding to gear up Hiram-style. It's all about what you want and what sacrifices you want to make for it.

DO you like taxes?

?

It's honestly about what you find fun. Do you find more time to do what you want thanks to 4x labor, custom changes, and a less bot-filled community fun at the expense of ping? Or do you find playing the vanilla version of a game being run by a company that has a known track record for being a graveyard for some really good games fun at the expense of knowing the game will either die very quickly or change hands another time?

You'll spend more time managing resources here than you will be grinding to gear up Hiram-style. It's all about what you want and what sacrifices you want to make for it.

Thanks for the response. Well in terms of a company running games into the ground there have been a load of things that have happened here that were not supposed to be in order to improve profit even when the playerbase explicitly disagreed with it existing.

I mean Hiram on normal servers seems like itll allow me to play and not swipe whereas here with the old version of crafting despite having an epic weapon its going to be swiping to get back on track.

I mean is having 4x labor worth it when it's that difficult to legitimately make money from it, when you can just grind on the official server to get better gear?

Hated Trion and I did play here for a while but I just want to be unbiased and realistic about the choice.

?

Thanks for the response. Well in terms of a company running games into the ground there have been a load of things that have happened here that were not supposed to be in order to improve profit even when the playerbase explicitly disagreed with it existing.

I mean Hiram on normal servers seems like itll allow me to play and not swipe whereas here with the old version of crafting despite having an epic weapon its going to be swiping to get back on track.

I mean is having 4x labor worth it when it's that difficult to legitimately make money from it, when you can just grind on the official server to get better gear?

Hated Trion and I did play here for a while but I just want to be unbiased and realistic about the choice.

My no-life no-swipe potato archer got to 6.7k GS in a third of the time here than it took him to reach 5k GS on Live. Because there's more information and more people to help guide the new and confused, it's easier to be pointed in the direction of the best ways to make money and gear up. 4x labor means that instead of you having to wait 2 days to hit 5k labor, you can hit 5k labor twice a day, giving you upwards of 4x the play time here than Live had. If you don't want to do what Live is trying to make you do (shoehorn you into paying money to speed up the grind process) it's absolutely worth it here for the people that don't want to no-life grind on official just to hit 10k GS like everyone else and either feel special because you're competing with everyone else who has been there for months/years, or feel like it's a waste because everyone is on the same level so your progression is literally the same thing as everyone else's to the point where you can ask any 10 people how they got so geared and you'll hear the same answer every time. People are here because they want a sense of accomplishment and have something to work for besides afk macro grinding for Hiram.

Back