What's new

Change taxation scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasticpeasant

Will the server ever consider redoing the taxation scheme?
For example,
Low Tax(3 taxable structures)< High Tax( 6 taxable structures)< Very High Tax(9 taxable structures)< Extreme Tax(>9)

The idea is to free up land from those who hoard 10+20+ plots for selling purposes.
Not saying real estate isn't legit, but how about controlling their profit margins after a certain number of assets to make it economically unfeasible/much less profitable for them?
If there is a need to NOT penalize those who hold that much plots for non-selling purposes, perhaps enact a change in the taxation cost of throwing plots down or a penalty for selling within a certain timeframe?

I agree, I think with the server being x4 labor, and since tax certs can be made with labor, there should be higher tax costs to balance out. As is, there are players that hold large swathes of land, sometimes whole areas indefinitely. I like that this server has the no alt account rule, but without higher tax costs ppl can land baron it up to extremes. I think ppl should have to make some choices in what lands they want to hold when they start accumulating them.

They talked about more housing areas needs to be all flat land. Idk if they're up for it still but the area between the housing and old tree farm / public farm in white arden is pretty flat if they wanted to extend it. Pretty sure people could come up with other areas. I almost feel like with how this land rush went it's just gonna get eaten up within seconds of it being open. Maybe we need some hard limits on owning land instead of just tax increases. Hard limit 20?

I did think of hard limits too but I think land barons who are willing to dish out tons of tax certs just to keep their assets should be given the option, which is why I thought of scaling the multiplier on tax payments stepwise.

that hard limit will start flooding to guild members, cause there's bound to be a person in guild who'll agree to hold the properties until it sells, so it won't solve anything... increasing taxes won't fuk them over either, cause have u seen the prices they sell it for? 18k for whalesong? how many taxes do you think they can purchase with that amount of gold... so in the end that would f up not the landgrabbers/sellers, but the rest of the population.
Whole new land whalesong housing area was really handled poorly. You can check that out if u visit it and find the village of certed thatched farmhouses owned by one person and being sold for absurd amount of gold. I feel they should've done a grace period where you could not place it until everythings stable and ppl had like 3-4 hrs or maybe even 8 to login and get rdy instead of making it a rush of who's hardware is the best and then server crashing after 1 minute... Whole zone was taken already :D
Lands are opening up elsewhere constantly. Some ppl even give out for free cause maybe leaving or just moving I dunno.
Play the game, wait it out, dun expect to have 24x24/28x28 plots immediately.
I personally have enough land for my purposes, but that required me to play for a year and more to get everything the way I wanted so... Also theres guild land which is visible on map with 3.5 aswell.

So just no to tax increases, it picks up quite high if u have a lot of properties(tax calculator):
https://web.archive.org/web/20170606171628/https://archeagetools.com/tax-calculator-3-0/

Also 3.5 introduced new feature tab SALES in the community center if u're interested in buying tho:
kxpEdK.jpg

Last edited:
I already have enough land for my own uses :) its just that i noticed how a few people manage to grab huge amounts of land for selling purposes. Whalesong is a great example, almost an entire quadrant grabbed by one player for selling purposes. Not there there will ever be enough land for the server's population, but maybe help decrease the barrier of entry into the housing market for other players.. maybe :rolleyes:

Archeage game offers different playing styles to earn money:
- warriors spend time killing mobs and opening coinpurses;
- fishers sell sea fish or craft DLLE;
- farmers farm and sell logs or some grass, fruits, etc.
ArchRage due to high LP rate, invented new playing style:
- rieltors (real estate dealers) spend time browsing housing area, wake up at night to catch demolish moment, and earn money by reselling grabbed spots. ))

ive bout most of my land at 1500-2000 a month after release of the server so i dont see any land issue here, regardless of all the drama that are trying to make of it the sjw commies whom are constantly crying about land

This proposition would be outwardly unfair to people who are real-estate agents, while inadvertently affecting those whom have built up the houses/farms slowly and acquired an amount that is sustainable for their play-style but wouldn't be under this "new increased system"

You are basically saying "I don't like that someone got to choose to play in x way and make z amount of money" and hiding it under the guise of "making it easier to reduce barrier to entry for housing market". You are even hurting those who charge decent prices and are not as notorious as certain players for their grabbing antics...

While you may be sincere in your sentiment for new players entering the market, the solution is not to screw over everyone else with a change to how taxes are charged. Sorry. :(

The same old story holds that everyone who built up their land as it always has; they did so over the course of months or even a year. You shouldn't rock up into the server expecting to be able to instantly acquire 28x28 or 24x24 farms as a new player or character in any housing zone you wish. Scour land demos, save up money, scream insults in the general chat when you get beaten for a landgrab. . . :p

I do agree there is a a problem user who shall not be named that is overcharging for properties left and right (Whalesong.... big fat lol). They're trying to charge 10k for a 28x828 in Villanelle, and all those 18k properties in Whalesong, let alone asking price for 16x16 Cottages in other various Harani zones being 4k and 24x24 thatched farmhouses for 6k... But those have been there for weeks now and no one is biting :rolleyes::rolleyes:

All in all, do you really think that increasing tax for EVERYONE overall is really gonna hurt that person selling the land? No cause they already overcharged in the first place!
If anything, since they are overcharging, they can afford the tax increase anyways (so cheap on AH for Tax Certs), and, would probably justify raising their prices even more because of the increased cost proposed! Does that really solve the """land problem""" (which by the way does not exist)? No, I'd say only exacerbates it into the dark abyss and hurts everyone else. :(

Real fix to the new zones/expanded zones land rush would be to lock the lands until such time that server is stabilized so that ppl can grab in a "fairer" and more orderly manner, rather than have everyone logging into a new server at the same time and then... it crashing :D And let's be honest here, such a problem will occur so rarely...

For other landgrabs, I don't know what to say - tough luck?
'idk

All in all, a healthy market of house selling is a good sign that the server is somewhat active
That's better than if lands were just EMPTY like they were back in April '18 to October '18.... those were dark times indeed

It is true that a healthy market is better than empty lands.
But the proposal here is not about creating empty lands, comparing to that state seems irrelevant at best to the subject at hand.
The server administrators have better information on their hand to get a better judgement on the issue, and I am sure they have thought of this issue much more than most of us would have.
Given that they have not replied, I can only assume this course of action is likely not relevant for them.
In that case, could any admin kindly just close this thread? :rolleyes:

System of increased taxes on the number of properties player owns is already working on our server.
Due to it, even if player has multiple lands, it's a burden for him to just keep them, without working on them or re-selling.

Here are some numbers:
Characters owning 1-2 building - charged the base amount of tax per structure for a 0% increase.
Characters owning 3 buildings - charged 100% tax.
Characters owning 4 buildings - charged 150% tax.
Characters owning 5 buildings - charged 200% tax.
Characters owning 6 buildings - charged 250% tax.
Characters owning 7 buildings - charged 400% tax.
Characters owning 8-10 buildings - charged 500% tax.

Since no further tax increase is planned in the near future, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back