What's new

Ezi buff and figureheads swapping

It's pretty clear you haven't read the 3.5 erenor discussion at all, I'd suggest you stop bringing irrelevant things into the thread because it's diluting the actual discussion here. If you want to talk about Erenor, go to the 3.5 thread.
The point i'm trying to make is that your comment of "Just make an enoan" is not a solution. You wouldn't tell a homeless person to just buy a house either, right? If the only enemy boat is your enoan, there's no chance for us to get the Ezi buff and the ability to swap, other than being able to defeat your enoan in which case we have no-one to use the swapping technique on.

ID SAY TO JUST LEAVE IT ALONE, BUT IF YOUR GOING TO CHANGE IT, THEN CHANGE IT FROM 45 SECS TO 15 SECS ALLOWS PLENTY OF TIME; AND IF THE SHIP RECIEVES SIEGE DAMAGE (CANNONS) THEN THE BUFF IS REMOVED.

leave it alone.

it is only a relevant issue in open world pvp in war zones, which anyone can pick up the ezi light buff from a ship's remains leaving everyone at the same advantage/disadvantage in war zones.

My suggestion would be to keep it in game but ONLY allow for 1 switch of every item so b4 a switch, its highlighted, after a switch it goes back to being grayed out like it normally is currently c:

Live had a MUCH higher pvp population at this point in its lifetime than this server and no one ever considered this tactic to be so gamebreaking that it warranted a ruling against it. There were so many mechanics that were actually abused that were rightfully banned and punished; drydocking, dead donkeys, hanging your galleon in the sky using harpoons to avoid damage from kraken and other boats, etc. No one ever considered figurehead swapping an issue because catching an Ezi's light from a boat you destroyed (hell, on live we even used friendly boats if needed) is not really ever gonna be the reason you lose or win unless you're just bad at boat combat. It requires no special tricks, no elaborate tactic. You kill a boat, you run over the light, you change some components. Not a big deal. This all just seems rather petty for people to be complaining about.

ID SAY TO JUST LEAVE IT ALONE, BUT IF YOUR GOING TO CHANGE IT, THEN CHANGE IT FROM 45 SECS TO 15 SECS ALLOWS PLENTY OF TIME; AND IF THE SHIP RECIEVES SIEGE DAMAGE (CANNONS) THEN THE BUFF IS REMOVED.

I'll not remove your post this time, but in future, make sure to avoid Caps Lock. Everybody can see your post even without it.
Forum Rule 9. "We encourage you to use the standard font size while making the posts. Let's keep our Forum readable!"

The point i'm trying to make is that your comment of "Just make an enoan" is not a solution. You wouldn't tell a homeless person to just buy a house either, right? If the only enemy boat is your enoan, there's no chance for us to get the Ezi buff and the ability to swap, other than being able to defeat your enoan in which case we have no-one to use the swapping technique on.
In your original post in this thread your issue was about us having a bigger boat than you, already entirely irrelevant to the topic on hand. If you think the "only enemy boat is [our] enoan" then it's clear you don't go to kraken in the first place because there's participation from every faction these days. East and west both show up with their boats, so saying there's nobody you can get Ezi's from is a straight up lie. Perhaps you should just play better instead of spreading disinformation on the forum.

There is a question we'd like to discuss with our community, especially with those, who are active in naval pvp.
As many of you may know, in pvp battle players can receive an ezi buff. This buff gives you a chance to customize ship and swap items on it for 45 seconds.

Recently we received the complaints on the abuse of the game mechanics by constant swapping of figureheads that is possible under that buff.

We want to know what players think about it:
  • That's fine and that's not a problem or abuse.
  • No, something needs to be done with it.

If something needs to be done, what do you suggest?
  • Remove the possibility to change ship equipment under ezi buff.
  • Reduce buff duration from 45 sec to 15 sec.
  • Buff gets removed as soon as ship receives any damage.
  • You have another idea (don't suggest adding cooldown as it will not be technically possible).
Ezi Buff is working as intended and that nothing needs to be changed!, everyone has the ability to do this not just 1 group of people its really that simple

Is this seriously up for debate?

Theres nothing wrong at all with this.

Any change is clearly just coddling pirates for complaining enough.

Next.

Is this seriously up for debate?

Theres nothing wrong at all with this.

Any change is clearly just coddling pirates for complaining enough.

Next.
Its not that simple, torpedos have coldown for a reason. That mechanic remove coldown from torpeedos its very much an exploit same as water mount jump macro I would like to remind "25. Excessive Macros exploit in the game will cause 48-hours ban.". PN already heavy invested in this figureheads and i dont think its very healthy mechanic when u can insta explode enemy ships.

Its not that simple, torpedos have coldown for a reason. That mechanic remove coldown from torpeedos its very much an exploit same as water mount jump macro I would like to remind "25. Excessive Macros exploit in the game will cause 48-hours ban.". PN already heavy invested in this figureheads and i dont think its very healthy mechanic when u can insta explode enemy ships.
Enemy ships that are right in front of you and not moving, yes.

Back