What's new

Game start issues

XagoBlue

Hi,

So I just downloaded the game, and tried to launch it. However, the game either CDs after logo, or disconnects me at the server selection...

I checked for maintenance announcements, but doesn't seem like any are on-going atm... so hoping someone can help me resolve the issue

ok so this is becoming a bit annoying.... I'm getting crash to desktop quite often and getting into the game is a matter of luck at this point.

I tried solution suggested by Sparkle on discord (reset my router and changing the DX) doesn't seem like they permanently fixed the issue.

Are you disconnected with the error or crashed?
In case you are disconnected with the error, it can be your connection instability.
Otherwise, if you are crashing, do a repair and make sure you are running the game as admin.

There are two scenarios that are happening to me:

1. I click on Play from launcher, the game starts, but after the ArcheRage logo it crashes to desktop with no errors
2. I click on play from the launcher, the game starts, I get to server selection and click on connect, but after a few seconds I receive the "gods have disconnected you" error.

I checked for connection instability by pinging 8.8.8.8 but there was no packet losses.

I also tried reinstalling the game overnight, but still no luck :(

When you crash next time, confirm the time of the crash and your character name. We'll compare it with our logs.

I seem to have finally found a solution, as suggested by Sjinderson on discord, using a VPN or ping reducer allowed me to login more successfully than before.

I'll keep you posted if the issue recurs.

Back