What's new

What's the problem ingame some Americans have with Brazillians?

Cannibal

I'm sure last time I was playing an MMO a load of people were spamming about hating Mexicans, and in England on games like League it's Europeans like the Spanish and French but I have no idea where all this "Guilty cos' BR" spam came from.

I genuinely can't get my head around it, have I been living under a rock? Has there been some war i'm just not aware of?

I'm not asking this to start an argument, I just can't understand what the issue is.

Eh, I always seem to get the most hate speech from BR's. I don't hate them by any means, people get mad and say stuff, but it seems like in video games with large BR communities I always get the hate speech whispers from them.

It originates in team-based games, notably league of legends and CS:GO, where the language barrier between a predominantly English speaking community, and Brazillian, means that their performance on average is worse than an equally skilled English speaker.

Add in weird social quirks like spamming: BR?BR?BR?BR?BR? when they don't understand you, and you've got yourself a meme.

From what i've seen, BRs are one of the most toxic communities out there. Not all of them are thats for sure, some are pretty chill but a lot of them are really toxic and grievers. Add that in + Americans over use memes thats where the guilty because br comes from

The community is toxic, not all of them of course.
I also do not like many BR's, but, more importantly, I have to respect them, because their nationality does not define whether they are good or bad, many are good people, the same happens with the North American community or European community, every community, everywhere there are good and bad people.
It's just hate.

I started my first mmo tibia when I was 6 years old and these Brasilias would walk up with one question always "br?" And when I would say no they would kill me and I would exp and everything in my inventory and now everytime I flag up on one of those filthy animals I just hope it's one of their sons because they tend to reproduce in their early teens

Last edited:
My loathing for the BR gaming community stems from my negative experience with them in every single MMO I've played. Aion being the worst of them. Is it a stereotype? Yes, but in my eyes the reputation has been earned.

Like others in this thread, my main 'Disliking' of some BR groups in MMOs stems from very bad experiences. Some of them can be pretty cool, unless PvP is involved. In which case.. Errr.. Yeah.

When you see Americans reply about BR's. Yet, you know both are completely useless. I'd straight up trade EU's Turks for both of you.

That said, all three are annoying. At least the Turks spend more time PvPing on the field, than talking shit about traps, gays and trump in faction chat.

When a 350 year old country full of the worlds #1 rated "Most confident" people, who are also rated the worlds #15 "most uneducated" think they run the planet ......... You're no better than BR's, you're just slightly higher on the failure ladder.

This might not be an acceptable answer in 2017. For me there is a difference between someone from Brazil and a "BR" just like you can be from America and not be a trailer trash redneck. There is a definite subset of Brazilian gamers whos whole mission in games seems to be to make life harder for everyone around them. That is why it's around in every gaming community as a meme.

Is it racist? Yes. Is it deserved? Probably. Does it apply to everyone from Brazil? Absolutely NOT.
I've met and have made lasting friendships with more than a few Brazilian gamer over the years but they seem like the outliers not the standard. Just my opinion.

There's a difference between a BR and a Brazilian.

BR's are the mindless idiots that run head first into the opposing faction's base during Halcy before the Golem(s) can get aggro from the cannons AND love not communicating at all when they have raid lead.

Brazilian's are a nationality of people.

I've had nothing but a negative experience with BR's on this server and the Russian one.

Back