What's new

A question for players

Would you want a BETTER beginner starter kit

• Total voters

Enigmatic

Okay so... currently new/returning players have to join a server where: there's already a player nation made, people are starting to hit the 7-8k gs threshold, weapon costs are extremely expensive for a newer player who isn't yet established and even those who have been playing for a while.

in regards to the post I was talking publicly in the official discord server to other people as well as the technical staff and he said we should make a post to get the community's opinion as well as the administration team's.

I posed the question of whether or not it would be possible to give new players a better welcome package than a basic 14(?) day obsidian set, and limited set of weapons. There were two welcome kits that were discussed. The homecoming one and the maelstrom 4.0 box.

Inside of the Homecoming kit you'd get
1 Ultimate Weapon Coin : Mirage Hellkillsed Sword, Scepter, Club, Bow and Shield.

1 Mirage Armor Coin: Choice between leather ( Heroic Epherium Typhoon Set) cloth (Heroic Epherium Ocean set) or Plate (Heroic Epherium Quake set).

1 Mirage Accessory Coin: Blessed one's Silver necklace x1, Blessed one's silver earring x2, Blessed one's silver ring x2.

You'll get around 5 or so homecoming coins I don't remember exactly it was either 5 or 12-14 . This may be changed so you only receive one. But with the coins you can get:

Imperial Jade Wings (1 coin needed)
Woodland Kitsu Whistle (1 coin needed)
Haughty Duelist Costume (1 coin needed)
Yin-Yang Wings (1 coin needed)
Lullaby Pajama Mittens (2 coins needed)
Lullaby Pajama Slippers (2 coins needed)
Homecoming Farm Wagon (30 days) (1 coin needed)
30-Day Longliner (1 coin needed)
Homecoming Steel Lightning (30 days) (1 coin needed)
Homecoming Mirage Donkey (30 days) (1 coin needed)
Homecoming Cogwheel Longboard (30 days) (1 coin needed)
Homecoming Copper Steamfish Submarine (30 days) (1 coin needed)
Proven Warrior Medal x15 (1 coin needed)
Bound growthstone x2 (1 coin needed)
30-Day Ayanad Pass: 1st /2nd / 3rd Floor (1 coin needed)
Honorable Victory Rank 10 (500 honor points potion) (1 coin needed)
Revenant Soulstone x30 (1 coin needed)

Homecoming Vehicle Coin (this will most likely be removed)
Choice between 30 day Comet Speedster , Apex Squall or Timber Coupe (cars)

Alternatively you can go to mirage isles, straight down the stairs go to the blue vending machine and you'll see everything I just listed.

There was also a box for players who had already been playing, but I doubt the admins would add it in as well but we'll see

the box contains :
"
1 Priceless Coin – Exchange this in Mirage Isle for a temporary 30 day version of a mount, pet, or glider that was once available from the Marketplace. You can convert this item to a permanent version by collecting 40 Superior Ascension Crystals from the quests listed below.
1 Legacy Gear Ticket – Can be exchanged in Mirage Isle for a Tier 3 Lunagem, a Cryptic Lucky Scroll, a Bound Duun’s Blessing to make a Silver Regrade Charm, or one of the 5 permanent gear packs of Ocleera Rift items that returning players receive.
Legacy Warrior Supply Chest – This chest can be opened once every 24 hours and will offer rewards including various Grimoires, Combat Scrolls, and Labor Potions.
5 Player Appreciation Coins – These coins can be exchanged on Mirage Isle for a variety of special rewards, including the Arrogant Duelist Costume, Midnight Kitsu, Lullaby Pajamas, Warrior’s Medals, temporary mounts, Growthstones, and more.
50 Merit Badges
50 Warrior’s Medals – Use these to craft Proven Warrior’s Necklaces, or save them up for a Proven Warrior’s Instrument from the Proven Warrior’s Workbench.
50 Tax Certificates
3 Bound Worker’s Compensation: 1000
"

Some things will be different / removed from it but again you can check exactly whats in there in the blue machine at mirage isles.

The other box that came into conversation was the 4.0 Maelstrom box

"Under Level 50
For free, pick up your Maelstrom Beginner Bundle. Only one per account. Once unwrapped you’ll notice three tiers of wrapped, level-dependent boxes (Heroic Wrapped Greenhorn’s Bundle 10-30, Unique Wrapped Mercenary’s Bundle 30-44, Celestial Wrapped Veteran’s Bundle 44-50). After they’ve been opened you’ll have 10 days before the gear expires, so work and play hard to get to the next level tier. You’ll also receive a 7-day Mount, or Battle Pet (Mirage Bjorne Mount, Lavaspark Battle Pet, Steel Lightning Mount). Once you’ve reached 50 go for the Maelstrom Homecoming Bundle!

Level 50+
For 1 gold you can purchase the Maelstrom Homecoming Bundle once per account. Once you open it you can choose your set of Celestial gear. This gear can be upgraded with Homecoming Warrior Scraps. To earn those, you’ll need to purchase the Homecoming Warrior’s Challenge for 1 gold. This purchase can be made once per day and only once per account. Complete 1 of the 3 missions it has to earn a Homecoming Warrior Scrap. If you don’t need to upgrade this gear, you can save 25 of them and craft the Homecoming Warrior’s Lunagem Crate, which contains 2 of each of the T1 Lunagems!"

Again, things could be changed/moved around but I feel like these are some changes that should be made available for newer players who need a little push to start gearing out.

Please give your opinion on these boxes, which should be added, why you think it'll help, why you don't think ti'll help. I don't wanna see replies like "its giving out free gear that we didn't get when we started blah blah blah" I want a reason why it'll be a bad idea to get new players around 3.5k-4kish gs with the equips.

I agree with enigmatic here and I think as well that newbies need a rational boost since the server is quite mature already.

I do think the Homecoming chest would be good enough also on some version of live you could also get a soul forged set, of both I think I prefer people get a soul forged set which could help oclera importance and maybe add some the crystal to mobs in DS so those newbies can have some PVP there as well.

About returning players I'm not sure but im not against it either.

why u want new players to come server ? You want them to come server and farm for a year to catch up to player nation ? A bit pointless but pointless from new players perspective from ur on other hand u need new player base to kill and use and i dont want this to happen so i am against it.

Last edited:
why u want new players to come server ? You want them to come server and farm for a year to catch up to player nation ? A bit pointless but pointless from new players perspective from ur on other hand u need new player base to kill and use and i dont want this to happen so i am against it.

Ok, that went south fast(from what I could understand).

Anyway if in here it takes 1 year to catch up to 7k gs then you are playing the wrong game to start with and should consider a way easier more casual game like WoW.

If you come from Live and managed to at least get 4k gs in less than 6 months you can easily with the same effort reach 6k here in couple months without go full balls to the wall nolife or putting 2k$ trying as F2P(donate from time to time to keep server healthy tho).

Just don't pay to much attention to the salty community because I seriously can't understand why is so hard for them to catch up since gold is so easy to make here but well I guess eventually they will try something new and fix their money making strategy or rage quit.

I mean seriously an upgradeable Delphinad piece at Grand is like 5k gold which I can make in like 3 days without even trying that much and honestly speaking I mostly make my gold doing alchemy pots/TR/larders because I don't sell my crops/corals or charcoals(I burn them like crazy crafting stuff), damn I don't even have to multi box here(is bannable BTW, don't try it cuz here is not Trino they ban for real), also honestly commerce is not even that good for gold making here(I like it more tho) compared to other stuff like larceny or craft.

Simply come and try for a couple of weeks

So from your logic you want the server to just die?

Catch up to them cuz they also upgrading they gear they not sit on their gear and say ok now we stop its enought Gearscore for me. Enigmatic Decisions were made u decided u dont want have anything common with factions so why care about them now ?

Catch up to them cuz they also upgrading they gear they not sit on their gear and say ok now we stop its enought Gearscore for me. Enigmatic Decisions were made u decided u dont want have anything common with factions so why care about them now ?
Do me a quick favor, could you make an intelligent response that the rest of us can understand? I've read your previous response, and some of us wonder why we can't hold newer players on the server.
I think with the introduction of player nation we do need a better starter kit for the new players to help get them caught up. However, once they do get caught up, what's to stop them from going to nation? I doubt they want to be blocked from content (aside from Luscas and Halcy), too.

Do me a quick favor, could you make an intelligent response that the rest of us can understand? I've read your previous response, and some of us wonder why we can't hold newer players on the server.
I think with the introduction of player nation we do need a better starter kit for the new players to help get them caught up. However, once they do get caught up, what's to stop them from going to nation? I doubt they want to be blocked from content (aside from Luscas and Halcy), too.

I will bring something more constructive that you can work with, if you give that box to a new player he will not be able to catch up to you. Old players like you and me are responsible for taking new players and helping them guilds are meant to do that work together and help new guys as well in the same time we use new players cuz they have needs for new gear and all the things old players can produce. What you did is taking all geared old player to one Player Nation and turning your back to rest. There is no catch up mechanic that can help, catch up mechanic destroy game btw Trion did it go and look on oficial you can buy legendary set for 70k gold its tragedy. So me as a faction player i will not help new players so you can kill them and denay from content cuz i dont want to, and you have to deal with it, ppl will give up when they see whats going on u cant change it. And i dont want to do it cuz i dont want explain them why they cant do kraken red dragon or other things

Last edited:
I will bring something more constructive that you can work with, if you give that box to a new player he will not be able to catch up to you. Old players like you and me are responsible for taking new players and helping them guilds are meant to do that work together and help new guys as well in the same time we use new players cuz they have needs for new gear and all the things old players can produce. What you did is taking all geared old player to one Player Nation and turning your back to rest. There is no catch up mechanic that can help, catch up mechanic destroy game btw Trion did it go and look on oficial you can buy legendary set for 70k gold its tragedy. So me as a faction player i will not help new players so you can kill them and denay from content cuz i dont want to, and you have to deal with it, ppl will give up when they see whats going on u cant change it. And i dont want to do it cuz i dont want explain them why they cant do kraken red dragon or other things
First and foremost, I am not Reset Nation. Second, it is not my job to gear them, that is their job. It is my job, however to help them get geared and to carry/teach/help them with the content. I am for a small gear boost (a timed one, same as before), just to get newer players to content like kraken or red dragon. They might not have a high chance for survivability, but at least they will have a better chance right away rather than waiting to get their gear together.

in regards to your turning back on faction statement, PN was made after the pirate zerg became a thing, they have at least 70+ people over there whereas the nation may look full but at most we bring 50. We want to pvp over content and not have to worry about friendly fire

I will bring something more constructive that you can work with, if you give that box to a new player he will not be able to catch up to you. Old players like you and me are responsible for taking new players and helping them guilds are meant to do that work together and help new guys as well in the same time we use new players cuz they have needs for new gear and all the things old players can produce. What you did is taking all geared old player to one Player Nation and turning your back to rest. There is no catch up mechanic that can help, catch up mechanic destroy game btw Trion did it go and look on oficial you can buy legendary set for 70k gold its tragedy. So me as a faction player i will not help new players so you can kil them and denay from content cuz i dont want to, and you have to deal with it, ppl will give up when they see whats going on u cant change it. And i dont want to do it cuz i dont want explain them why they cant do kraken red dragon or other things

I agree with you with what happened on live but in here is a bit different because.

1.) Nations on live were exclusive for ultra whales(9k gear plus) and in many servers was even a requirement to enter.
2.) Nations were lot bigger as well.

But in all honestly here 10B was powerful enough alone to do exactly the same they do now and for what I've seen of them the other 2 guilds were quite small in power compared to 10B(no intention to offend).

I think instead of getting rage salty with them guild from both factions should negotiate with Reset a nation cap of player so both factions can grow up a bit more as well because I doubt 10B want this nation to kill the server and end up playing with themselves based on the fact they could have done it as a guild and didn't, also they could have recruited other as big guild with them and completely unbalance Haranya and they didn't, so I would assume they are rational people that can reach a set of agreements with both faction so we could have nice long standing PVP

in regards to your turning back on faction statement, PN was made after the pirate zerg became a thing, they have at least 70+ people over there whereas the nation may look full but at most we bring 50. We want to pvp over content and not have to worry about friendly fire

Awsome and put into all of this new player that just started the game and put yourself on his place so u can see what i meant.
BTW pirates formed to stop player nation from Locking content, they say.

Awsome and put into all of this new player that just started the game and put yourself on his place so u can see what i meant.
That in itself is a bunch of bs. Because now they cannot block nation content on East and West continents without going to jail. And while they can stop Auroria and Kraken, it's working the same as nation.

I see your point but also you need the other side because if I was a new player and saw no pirates, no nations and only small guild on each faction, what they would have to look for in the future?

We need all types of factions but raging or discouraging is not the way to fix issues, we need new blood here and any help will improve their chances but I agree with your point but I think this can be mitigated as mentioned before having a set of agreements between factions to avoid any of those side overwhelming the other at least until all side have enough strength to slug it off.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The point of giving these new players some kind of decent gearset is to give them a BOOST at the beginning so they can go out and start farming dungeons / mobs and other things to start actually working on their own permanent gear instead of having to first build some kind of personal economy with garbage quest gear. Contrary to popular belief we didn't go player nation to kill the server lol. Why would we want to kill the server on which we play and have spent so much time putting effort into building? If anything what the pirates did is more detrimental to the server... Them leaving and taking the remaining decent guilds on each side basically demolished any large coordinated(if you can call them that) fighting force on either side and whats now left behind in both main factions is pitiful. I understand the reason why they did this, its the only way that they could hope to fight us but there's no denying that it royally fucked the Nuia and Haranya nations. Not to mention that they also regularly go to the mainland and fuck with the east / west's cr / gr; bunch of boolys...

The only possible downside to doing this is that it would give bots / alt accounts temporary gear to farm in, which would increase their potency to gain gold.

Last edited:
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The point of giving these new players some kind of decent gearset is to give them a BOOST at the beginning so they can go out and start farming dungeons / mobs and other things to start actually working on their own permanent gear instead of having to first build some kind of personal economy with garbage quest gear. Contrary to popular belief we didn't go player nation to kill the server lol. Why would we want to kill the server on which we play and have spent so much time putting effort into building? If anything what the pirates did is more detrimental to the server... Them leaving and taking the remaining decent guilds on each side basically demolished any large coordinated(if you can call them that) fighting force on either side and whats now left behind in both main factions is pitiful. I understand the reason why they did this, its the only way that they could hope to fight us but there's no denying that it royally fucked the Nuia and Haranya nations. Not to mention that they also regularly go to the mainland and fuck with the east / west's cr / gr; bunch of boolys...

The only possible downside to doing this is that it would give bots / alt accounts temporary gear to farm in, which would increase their potency to gain gold.

You did what u did i have no problems with current server situation but outcome what we have is that haranya is empty dont know nuia state at this moment.

Players leave cuz they dont have any perspectives not cuz they cant farm dungeons or plant their farms. So i will still say that boxes will not change anything.

The elephant in the room that havoc is pointing out but nobody apparently fully understands is that all of the highest gear score characters are forming in the same guild/group/nation. The server has reached its life cycle where this was just bound to happen since competitive players strive to win and will form groups of people with that same play style. The problem isn't them being able to lock down any content; the new players don't have stronger groups/guilds to be apart of. When the server first started there were a lot of guilds to chose from, and it was easy to find a good one that fit your style. Those guild would fight each other on a daily basis and have fun doing so. Now, quality guilds are a dime a dozen (and i mean ones with 45+ ppl, because then its just an extended family). This is the time when strong people should be leading guilds, helping lower players gear whilst attending events. Bringing new players to the server won't do anything if there isn't a reason for them to stay. Gear means nothing to a person if they cant USE that gear, especially if the people ahead of them are also getting stronger at the same time. Content in this game is based around Open World PVP bosses/events (according to most, but i disagree ;3). You can't honestly tell me that a new player is going to be given some heroic epherium gear when the majority of those actually effecting the outcome of the fight are well beyond their gs, be able to attend these events, and have fun. I'm not saying it won't work in the short term because it makes sense (low pop -> bring in newbies), but its just a band aid on a bullet wound. There's very few guilds that can take a new player in and make them feel at home. This problem will more than likely persist because nobody wants to willingly lose or take in disadvantages, so lets not worry about finding new players and instead take care of what we have now.

They could give out free celestial level or divine level sets fully socketed and it would not change anything. The gap between the gold buyers and people playing the game buying from the game shop has been too steep for a while. There will be no change in that as it has been allowed to be taken too far. The server is now exactly like Trion's with more items you can stack. Dead.

They could give out free celestial level or divine level sets fully socketed and it would not change anything. The gap between the gold buyers and people playing the game buying from the game shop has been too steep for a while. There will be no change in that as it has been allowed to be taken too far. The server is now exactly like Trion's with more items you can stack. Dead.
No, that would change everything. Divine sets are still very good right now. The only thing that matters anyway is the weapon. Also, its not that this server is like trino (cause its not, its waaaaaaaay better) its the fact that the competitive players who have been around for so long are starting to form into one guild/nation/group causing new players to be left to "deal with it themselves". This causes a huge lack of open world conflict which in turn makes it seem like the server is just dead. Archeage is at its healthiest when there are multiple guilds fighting over content. That is not the case anymore here. So its not a matter of bringing in new players but one where we need to even things out. It's not going to happen tho cause like I said previously in my post "nobody wants to willingly lose or take in disadvantages".

Edit: I would also like to add that this is not a trion server, so these guys are not going to just sit here and let their only server die. They make money off of it and want to continue doing so. So its either they will handle it or the server goes away and they go back to their Russian server.

Nice, still think you are wholly incorrect on most of what you mentioned. At this state there will be no large amount of new players that will be retained as the gear climb is too high. Currently people can advance too fast using gold purchases outside the game for a fraction of the price to try and do it with game boxes. That is the only type of player here, types the server admins seem to not care about. You are also mistaken on the amount anyone will interfere in the actual game world.

Back