What's new

ArcheRage 3.0 Discussion

Having no proficiency requirements to go to ayanad is fucking broken, especially when you factoring in reforging to delph and all that. In my honest opinion, if I'm spending labor on something, I want to be able to tier it up and get benefits.

Please no Gilda requirements added to pack crafting - this effectively halves the amount of cost-effective packs at specialty benches. Gilda is expensive as enough as is - we don't need another sink.

Please do not implement the stupid "lockbox" change to larceny. Lunarite is already sparce in the current environment - let's not choke that further.

.... I'm actually looking forward to the new gilda packs. I remember making the Ahnimar gilda pack since I had a lot of gilda laying around.

.... I'm actually looking forward to the new gilda packs. I remember making the Ahnimar gilda pack since I had a lot of gilda laying around.

There are a few like you around, but I can tell you from sales of pack mats on my EU alt when 3.0 hit - there are very few like you.

Probably keep some proficiency for creating house but lower requirement for ayanad... Nothing worse than getting scammed cus you let that only 130k weaponry guy do it

My two cents:

1) Don't use gilda for making packs. XL seemed to make it more grindie for people to simply to make packs for the sake of throttling new players back. The trade system is fine the way it is please don't change it

2) No royal seeds needed for larders.

3) Keep the prices of seeds the way they are.

4) Please don't increase the labor cost for coin purses, trade packs and tax certs

5) Please don't change what is in the coin purses. Trion/ XL games split up the coin purses between crafted mats and coins just for the sake of draining people of their labor instead of leaving it on one purse

6) Please leave the ship regrade scrolls on the sea bugs and other sea creatures. It is something different to grind for that was worth wild and another reason for someone to go out into the ocean.

7) Please don't nerf the library drop rate on mats. Leave the armor and weapons as part of the loot table. That was one of the nice things about library and of course Trion did a ninja nerf by not telling anyone that certain things were nerfed or removed.

Keep the discussions coming folks some interesting stuff so far and if already mentioned in the thread go ahead and mention it again. Were looking for your thoughts so don't be afraid to repeat something that has already been mentioned.

My one and only pressing concern is the fact of the new races.

I would really like to see some method of race swapping or a method of transferring bound gear to a new character on the same account. As I and probably many other people don't want to be stuck as a non-warborn/dwarf when they exist and are so clearly superior to the older races. I get the feeling this is possible from what I've seen the mods be able to do thus far on this server, also I'm fairly certain many of us would even pay for these processes.

My one and only pressing concern is the fact of the new races.

I would really like to see some method of race swapping or a method of transferring bound gear to a new character on the same account. As I and probably many other people don't want to be stuck as a non-warborn/dwarf when they exist and are so clearly superior to the older races. I get the feeling this is possible from what I've seen the mods be able to do thus far on this server, also I'm fairly certain many of us would even pay for these processes.

It was said back on live and also on the Russian server but race swapping is not possible. There are too many flags attributed to your current character that it would be loads of work to deactivate and apply them to the new race.

Not to sound like a dick but 3.0 was talked about plenty of times here on the forums. If you really wanted to play as a warborn/dwarf you should have been preparing. Either by gathering mats to upgrade your bound items (obsidian?) so that way once you get your new race up to the appropriate level you can gear them out or sitting on the gear and waiting for the new races to come out.

After having played with the current crafting and trading system, I quite like the way they are now from when I played 3.0. If it is possible to keep it the same, please do.

-Guards protecting the gold/gilda traders can get glitched pretty easily by reds, They simply agro them with boats or sieges and that's it for you and ur packies. I lost my stuff today like that. Veeeery.... gay. Please buff them a bit.

-Race change option within the same faction should be possible. Please.
-Name change option would be nice too.

Guards do need a random aggro changing, whether it comes with .3.0 or beforehand. Really annoying to be doing charcoal runs to solis, which is already a bad harbour for unloading boats, but has protection for reds, and then having guards fuck you up because you got attacked? Not fun at all.
They will literally attack the person who got attacked and didn't retaliate at times.

Just starting on this server (Jan 22ish). I don't have all but 2 8x8's and have been mainly doing trade pack runs for some decent start gold and gear. The Gilda change to the packs would really hurt the new players just starting to get some stable income for gear. Since crafting is not really a option due to the rates and needing to be level 52.
So that brings up the changes to crafting it's nice to level that quick but with all the crafting being at such a low level that should have been growing with the player. The changes to craft would make even more of a crafting gear and skill proficiency gap between new and old players.
For land taxes I say go for it but not to the same % as live i think it could shake some things up a bit here. If not then it can't be that hard to remove out with a small patch.
Also I would work on getting the credit issues with donations working on more platforms that would allow for new people that want to really support and buy stuff from the marketplace without having to grind out loads of gold for lets say a SkillSaver.
All in all this server is not bad it's just certain things that I personally have noticed that may not be a problem for people that have been on since the server start but for a fresh player that make it a little harder to bridge that gap.
Also as a selfish note hook a player up with a Skill Saver just one would be nice to play and test would new builds at the start before committing to the gear grind of cloth, leather, plate.

It was said back on live and also on the Russian server but race swapping is not possible. There are too many flags attributed to your current character that it would be loads of work to deactivate and apply them to the new race.

Not to sound like a dick but 3.0 was talked about plenty of times here on the forums. If you really wanted to play as a warborn/dwarf you should have been preparing. Either by gathering mats to upgrade your bound items (obsidian?) so that way once you get your new race up to the appropriate level you can gear them out or sitting on the gear and waiting for the new races to come out.

Obby gear isn't the issue. Halcy neck, dream rings, tradeships, ironclads, cars, warrior medal belts, serp wrists, I could go on and on. For how overloaded the new races are there needs to be a way for people who have actually put time into the game pre 3.0 to not get screwed. Seems like an issue for those who actively play but can't hardcore swi- DO TRADERUNS. Anyways just an opinion, I know GMs can unbind items and move them to another character, maybe there is some way to do this for people, whether through a credit transaction or signing up for it and getting into a waiting queue. Obviously there would have to be criteria but I think it's a valid point.

- Option to change race with the arrival of 3.0 for old players.
- Remove royal seed
This + removal of gilda off regular packs and gem changes.

Introducing charms which will allow players to reach divine easier
This is risky. It greatly devalues those who have divine ayanads already. At most I'd like to see a charm only for unique grade, so it can't be abused for celest -> Epic.

Increasing drop rate on Lib items would be nice to. Farming mats for T6 is cancerous enough with x2. I wish it was x5.

Obby gear isn't the issue. Halcy neck, dream rings, tradeships, ironclads, cars, warrior medal belts, serp wrists, I could go on and on. For how overloaded the new races are there needs to be a way for people who have actually put time into the game pre 3.0 to not get screwed. Seems like an issue for those who actively play but can't hardcore swi- DO TRADERUNS. Anyways just an opinion, I know GMs can unbind items and move them to another character, maybe there is some way to do this for people, whether through a credit transaction or signing up for it and getting into a waiting queue. Obviously there would have to be criteria but I think it's a valid point.

Issue would be that everyone would reroll the new races. I feel for the guys that have all that bound stuff. I had to experience it on live but the thing is; we knew 3.0 was coming. People should have prepared and not have gone all out on a character if they knew they wanted to play as the newer races. It's called foresight. Also the people who don't reroll are not at a big disadvantage. Yes warborn/dwarf transformations are good but do not put the other races at that big of a disadvantage.

If they put in a system to let people unbind their stuff, that is great. I'm not saying that it shouldn't happen but to be honest here that is a lot of effort that they would have to put in and don't want people to get their hopes up for it. I don't see many (if any) people quitting because they cannot transfer their gear to the new races. 3.0 is going to be for drawing in new players and their attention should be more focused on that.

We shall have to see.

Exactly. Invested a lot of time into my Nuian because there was no set date for 3.0 and I wanted to be able to enjoy the game until then without having to stack up everything in my bag and unable to participate in content until then. Even if there are wait lists for the transfer and they are a few thousand credits to pay for it, I'd still go for it because redoing all of my ships, freighter, bound gears is just a crazy amount of work and the time invested pre 3.0 is worthless.

Back