What's new

Black Graphics issue

Csilla

Since day 1 the game loads in with almost all housing and buildings, walls, improved scarecrows, etc are black. I have uninstalled and re-installed countless times. Which makes it frustrating when wanting to complete a quest involving the entrance to a building to obtain an item.

When I played the original game this never happened to me. Does anyone else experience this or know of a fix for it? I read an old post for the original game concerning the update where it started but no fix was ever posted.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/show...ng-black-textures-misloaded-textures-RESOLVED

Have you tried changing the graphics settings from DX11 to DX9, or DX9 to 11? Have you tried adjusting the graphics sliders to see if that forces a render? What is your graphics card, and is your driver up to date?

Try deleting the Shader cache folder. If you go into Documents/Archeage, highlight everything in there and wipe it.

You can specifically hunt down the Shader folder, if you want, and wipe that. It's in Documents/Archeage/User

EDIT: also, as Krowley put above, change the DX version to 9, if you haven't already. DX11 in this game has not been fixed, and has a ton of bugs, even as of 3.5NA. You'll get a lot more crashes on 11 than 9.

Last edited:
Try deleting the Shader cache folder. If you go into Documents/Archeage, highlight everything in there and wipe it.

You can specifically hunt downt he Shader folder, if you want, and wipe that. I think it's in Documents/Archeage/User? I'm at work right now and cannot confirm
Everything is currently in the game_pak packed file. There are no loose shader folders in archerage from what I could tell looking through my folders.

Archeage is supposed to create a bunch of stuff in the Documents folder. If the devs modded it then maybe not.

^ Woo, my memory isn't entirely shit. Yea, if you wipe out that shader cache and login for the first time, you'll see a bunch of weird shit/lighting issues as the shader files are being generated.

SOME in game items constantly have problems. I know there's a school girl type costume that always seemed to give me issues, even on official. But generally fucked up looking graphics/giant purple blocks are either a shader issue or an issue with the game loading textures from the game_pak.

I have changed from DX11 to DX9 but every time I log out so it will save it resets it back to DX11. I went into the documents/archeage shader folder and deleted it. No change. Vid is GeForce 970. I have had no issues with any game to include original archeage. I am at work now but will try again.

Do you have Trion's archeage on your system too? If so, you might have only got ahold of the folder for your Trion's copy. Try to delete everything under Documents/Archeage. Run the launcher as Admin, then see if that helps.

Do you have Trion's archeage on your system too? If so, you might have only got ahold of the folder for your Trion's copy. Try to delete everything under Documents/Archeage. Run the launcher as Admin, then see if that helps.

This is my next question, too. Archeage may be using different files than ArcheRage, so make sure that only ArcheRage files are in your documents by deleting the entire documents folder and letting ArcheRage regenerate it.

If you have Official and the Pserver you will encounter bugs even if you delete the shader folder. Either: place the games in a different partition on your drive or, if you are an Nvidia user optimize the game through Gefore Experience. It will stop client conflicts and set both to the same setting at once.

^ This is actually a possibility depending on how things like registry entries and client files get generated for both clients. I haven't spent any time probing the Pserver client yet, so I'm not sure. I'd imagine though, that they're both the same as they're both the NA/Trion version of the client. I removed Trion's version of the client entirely before installing the Pserver. I run Trion's (rarely) on my Win10 partition instead of my Win7 one.

Ok deleting shaders totally screwed the game. I can see treehouses....no lands or buildings. I am standing on sand or water depending on which way I turn my mouse. I repaired, so going to reinstall the game again I guess. sigh...still working on it.

When you delete shaders, it takes a while for the shader cache to rebuild. Shaders are just video processing effects on objects in the game. You have to wait a while, especially if you've got a hard drive instead of a solid state drive.

Additionally, did you attempt to run the game as Administrator?

Also, if you have Trion's archeage installed, did you uninstall that?

That's weird. Could be a problem with a couple things. Either residual registry keys from trion (don't see how, but meh, who knows), graphics drivers, or some kind of odd profile corruption on your local system (completely unsure what though). Try this:

1 Hit the Windows key + R on your keyboard. A box will pop up in the lower left hand corner
2 type in lusermgr.msc and hit OK
3 Double click Users on the right hand side
4 Right click in the middle window > select New User
5 Give it a random name, whatever you want to give it. Leave the password blank, or create one. Your choice
6 Uncheck the "user must change password" if that box is checked
7 Click Create, then Close
8 Double click Groups on the left hand side
9 Open the Administrators
10 Click Add
11 Type in the name of the user you just created
12 Click Check Names. If it underlines, you did everything correct.
13 Click OK
14 Click OK again
15 Click Start > Log off
16 Hit Ctrl + alt + delete if required. If not, click Switch User if you see that. Click the name of the user you just created. Input the password for that user if you gave it one in step 5
17 Run Archerage again.

See if that helps.

PS. Don't worry about files from your other user account. They're still there. This is just to test to see if everything works well under another user account. Windows is shit and has a lot of issues that stem from odd corrupted user accounts

Last edited:
I cant get past Line 2 of your instructions. Says it cant find it. I used I, L and 1 with usermgr.msc ...which is it?

I cant get past Line 2 of your instructions. Says it cant find it. I used I, L and 1 with usermgr.msc ...which is it?

L. If you're on a non professional version of Windows, you'll need to take a different route. lusermgr.msc is only on the professional versions, IIRC (I haven't touched non-pro versions of windows since before XP, when there weren't even professional versions :p)

I shoulda asked that first, sorry.

Lemme know what version you're on and I'll write up instructions for you

Back