What's new

Can we please buff sport fishing?

"Same fish = same income in 1st, 2nd, 100th times too." yeah right...if only it was something like that. Like if i had 180k proficiency i would get 30k to 37k fish and they would be all the same value.
I guess you don't fish, so i can't see how your opinion is relevant, since you don't know how bad fishing is at the moment you shouldn't express your wish to buff or debuff fishing. But by all means keep expressing your opinion on something you know nothing about.

I played in previous versions. That was worst than this version. And you didn't answer the question. What is your silver/labor ratio now?

I'm game, after introducing Pufferfish fishing is simply not worth it anymore. I throw in a 25g chum, use a 2g lure and I pull out a 6-8g puffer. Not even worth the time.

I 100% back a buff to sport fishing. I came to this server in the hopes that I could earn my gold by fishing but so far it's not worth it.

I played in previous versions. That was worst than this version. And you didn't answer the question. What is your silver/labor ratio now?

For a silver/labor ratio, feel free to do the math:
I use 77 labor with 170k proficiency to cast a lure which can give a fish of 6g[18k hp pufferfish] to 39g[37k hp marlin] but to activate the spot i have to spend another 25g on top of it.

As investment i spent 500g on a Frozen Wave Fishing Rod[50days]. And i had to make a Fishing Boat the value for that is astronomical, if you want the right value feel free to look at it by yourself.

Fishing is worth only if you are a pirate, there is always someone chuming
and spots are close to trader you will get minimum od 14 fishes per spot. With 170k prof i'm always geting at least one or two 37k hp ones.

I fully support slightly increasing (15-20%) the return on sport fishing, even though I don't fish. ArcheAge is an open world PvP game. The more incentive we have to bring people people in the open world PvP part of the game, the better it is.

I fully support slightly increasing (15-20%) the return on sport fishing, even though I don't fish. ArcheAge is an open world PvP game. The more incentive we have to bring people people in the open world PvP part of the game, the better it is.
15-20% is too low imo

9x15%=1.35g However, 36x15%=5g

This said, the percentages need to scale due to the fact that there's such a drastic difference in gold prices per types of fish. I think something along the lines of:

1. 35% for Puffer
2. 30% for Tuna
3. 25% for Sturgeon
4. 20% for Sailfish
5. 15% for Marlin

This would still be very marginal, but would definitely help with how things are now significantly for fisherman and even those choosing to pirate fisherman. As it is now, pirates don't even care about fisherman. Why? Because they know it's a waste of their time to even attempt to steal a boat full of fish that's going to average their crew a whopping 6-9g per person once it's all turned in IF they succeed.

ArcheAge should operate on the policy of Low Risk = Low Reward, High Risk = High Reward. Freedich is the ultimate example of High Risk = High Reward (just one of many.) Anyway, fishing is high risk because you can get pirated, but why is it not high reward? Fishing should definitely be buffed.

Hi All!

We looked into this question per your request. There has already been an increase in fishing from the very beginning in comparison to the official server.
This may be reconsidered in future, but, as for now, there is not going to be any other increase.

Hi All!

We looked into this question per your request. There has already been an increase in fishing from the very beginning in comparison to the official server.
This may be reconsidered in future, but, as for now, there is not going to be any other increase.

Please reconsider, this is how people are using fishing boats right now:

bs29tGw.jpg

On live before castles were released fishing was one of the best ways to make money and made small scale pirating really fun, maybe it's nostalgia but that felt really satisfying and seems super healthy to keep the seas active and the game interesting from multiple perspectives

Why all the hate for pufferfish?!? None of you obviously have never dreamed of making your cottage a replica of the house from "Up" :D Balooonss galore!!!

All jokes aside, fishin does need some love. All it is, is pirate content..

Why all the hate for pufferfish?!? None of you obviously have never dreamed of making your cottage a replica of the house from "Up" :D Balooonss galore!!!

All jokes aside, fishin does need some love. All it is, is pirate content..

A tear drop falls from my eye everytime i catch a 18k puffer.

@Sparkle Thank you for your response. Could you look at the statistics for the turn in at freedich fish vendor? I'm not sure if specific vendors can be programed to give higher rewards but the fish turning at freedich should be doubled! You are in the middle of a pvp zone that gets heavy traffic, you have to skate/donkey the packs in one at a time since there is no hauler for fish... It is a huge pain and those bold enough should be rewarded!

(would likely increase the purchase of cash shop donkey and move speed gear for it)

I built a fishing boat early in the server to focus on fishing but I've ended up only fishing on Tuesdays and Saturdays for the world events now. The profit is too bad compared to the time it takes and the risk involved. Buff fishing please.

FatherOsborn and I both built our fishing boats around the same time and I can vouch that it is by no means a viable method to make consistent cash flow. Depending on your proficiency (I am currently hovering around 80k) you can end up with a 60 up to 250g pay out. I think the difference between these is way too much and needs attention. Those that invested in fishing boats know what I mean when I say the pay is just not good enough to even be compared to trade runs or even coinpurse farming.

Back