What's new

Character crashing at login

blobeh

I've noticed a couple other people have had this problem but there hasn't been any real solution. My main character crashes every time I try to log in. It stays as a black screen, then you can hear the sound of a menu opening (presumably it's the "Gods have disconnected you" menu) but you can't see it. The game freezes that way until you forcibly shut it down.
I can confirm it's my main character specifically as I'm able to log on to an alt character on the same account. The initial crash happened in Diamond Shores at the Haranya base. I'm running Windows 10 if that has an impact.

Edit: After waiting about an hour I was able to log in. Don't know if there's an actual solution to this if it happens again though.

Last edited:
I just had this issue myself. Apparently waiting it out is the only solution. If you move your cursor around the black screen you should hear the small hiss that indicates you have moused over something you can click, probably the "OK" button for the Gods have disconnected you" message. Click it even though you can't see it and the game will close.

Sparkle told me initially that the problem was my Cold costume, and removing it should be the fix. This was not the case. I am wondering if it's other's costumes as well.

I am also running window 10. This crash occurred on windows 7 as well though, on my work computer. I am not running any mods on either machine. It also crashed for Sparkle when she tried logging in on my character as well.

Moving my character to the nuia statue seemed to fix it. I believe the issue is in rendering something, maybe even the actions of another acct. I am still suspecting the crashing is due to bots, as I only crash in an area that is heavily botted (sungold slimes) and I never crash to desktop anywhere else.

Having this same issue. Was underwater when I crashed and my ship was out. No costume either. I hear the scroll sound right as the screen finishes fading to black.

So... looks like I get to wait an hour, maybe? D:

I'll update here within an hour, or if someone else comes on with a fix.

Edit 1: I was clicking around for the 'button' Jagick mentioned and found it. This Black screen issue is cropping up only when logging into my main, as I've just made an alt to answer crafting questions for the guild on TS. Yeah, can I get a mod to move my guy out from what ever waterlogged hell he's been lost in?

Last edited:
I'm on my alt, says my main is still logged in. Somehow.

Buddy also says I've long since drowned and returned to a respawn point. No clue which one.

Yup. Gonna need to have my main force DC'd again. Seems like diving for chests isn't going to be viable way to pass the time. >_>

I want you to realize that you just admitted to alting... Care to clarify that? Is it a main character / alt character, or are you using separate accounts?

I should clarify that further maybe. On your Quality settings in the game, are they set to DX11 or DX9? If they're DX11 you should swap that to 9, and see what happens

Back