What's new

Erenor Nerf

Erenor Nerf

• Erenor should be nerfed at 5% or a good amount of crit damage should be added to erenor.

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • 10% nerf is good as is and needs no adjustments.

Votes: 24 50.0%

• Total voters

Xith

Quick Consensus on how everyone feels about the erenor nerf.
Please abstain from voting if you have not looked into the changes and are voting based on your perception of unnerfed erenor.

index.php

If you believe this spreasheet, (i think it's Forty's), then even at a 5% nerf, mythic t7 obsidian is still weaker than 3 grades of erenor, and barely on par with an epic erenor.
adding crit damage to erenor in addition will make mythic obsidians useless, and everyone with one will be stuck with a bound-forever item that cost a ton of gold and is no longer BiS.

unless they make it so that you can feed high tier/grade obsidians to erenor for a very large amount of exp, or give us the option to unbind obsidian gear, i think nothing should change from the devs current plan.

If you believe this spreasheet, (i think it's Forty's), then even at a 5% nerf, mythic t7 obsidian is still weaker than 3 grades of erenor, and barely on par with an epic erenor.
You can't compare mythic erenor to mythic t7, the difference in cost is huge.

You can't compare mythic erenor to mythic t7, the difference in cost is huge.

but that's not my point. my point is that erenor has the potential to reach higher stats than mythic t7 which is currently the gap.
people already do crazy amounts of damage, there should not be anything in the game that allows to increase it even further.
especially with some really busted ancestrals making their way into the game as they seem totally untouched.

but that's not my point. my point is that erenor has the potential to reach higher stats than mythic t7 which is currently the gap.
people already do crazy amounts of damage, there should not be anything in the game that allows to increase it even further.
especially with some really busted ancestrals making their way into the game as they seem totally untouched.

Okay but there's a reason we're nerfing it in the first place -5% nerf at least makes the weapon worth crafting. With a -10% nerf the weapon barely starts getting good at legendary and even then only scratches the surface of being BiS. No doubt some whale is gonna regrade an eternal for everyone to complain about. As hard as it is to get a legendary erenor or even a mythic erenor I really don't see how people have an issue with reducing the nerf to make the weapon viable. Also, the trend has always been Divine Ayanad vs Epic T6. Majority of the people who craft erenor will probably be hard stuck at epic for the most part save for the few who really want to get legendary. After legendary, I imagine few people will actually get to mythic and even less to eternal. These weapons are BiS because they cost so much just to get to that level and I think people choose to shrug it off because they're afraid of damage numbers.

index.php

adding crit damage to erenor in addition will make mythic obsidians useless, and everyone with one will be stuck with a bound-forever item that cost a ton of gold and is no longer BiS.

unless they make it so that you can feed high tier/grade obsidians to erenor for a very large amount of exp, or give us the option to unbind obsidian gear, i think nothing should change from the devs current plan.
That’s not entirely true. That graph maker explicitly said that he left out the passives. If you take any of the weapons with crit damage, say nodachi than the t7 eternal is pretty much equal with the mythic and the only weapon beating it is eternal erenor (as it should) but at 10% the t7 eternal is 100 dps less than eternal erenor but has 23% crit dmg, which anyone would tell you the t7 is better or at minimum equal.
How do I know this? Because on retail players who had legendary t7 didn’t switch to epic erenor (even though it had 100 more dmg) they started switching at legendary because the dmg increase justifies losing the crit dmg.

The people who prefer the 5% patch believe that erenor should be better than t7 at max grade since it cost exponentially more, we don’t think the weapons should be equal that’s all, because if they are there is almost no point in making erenor over t7

So this doesn't get lost in the general 3.5 thread, I'm posting this Erenor-specific thing here...

We have the pts now so I took the actual values for 1h scepter/club for a real comparison. I wasn't aware of there being a dps boost for Obsidian and some(?) crafted. Everyone blew up their gear (including myself before I made this) so I couldn't confirm the numbers on an Epic Ayanad.

upload_2019-3-27_11-46-38.png

Last edited:
Back