What's new

Event raid leaders...

Zeirlynn

I haven't posted here publicly before, i haven't even talked in public chat in-game before. I haven't bothered anyone. I'm a 43-year-old housewife. I hurt, and i'm tired. I play ArcheRage because it's a beautiful game, and i can play with my husband, and find some enjoyment and peace in it.

Today i was attacked by a raid leader, twice. This server has voted one of its biggest trolls as a hero, and is letting him lead all the raids for the Titan event. I tried to join the raid today, two times. Both times, rather than making sure everyone present was added to the raid, the leader chose to purple on people who couldn't get an invite because they have him blocked. The second time, his guild members joined in. I stood there getting attacked by your chosen hero, your chosen raid leader. I've been playing MMOs since 2004 and have NEVER once, EVER, been attacked or treated that way. I just wanted to come see the event, and help out with healing everyone. Instead i get purpled. Twice.

You guys know how he is. You know that half the server has him blocked, because you are making "PSA" announcements telling everyone to unblock him to get invited into the raid to do this event. You know there is an issue surrounding him, yet you let him be the raid leader. You tell everyone to unblock him instead of letting someone more tolerable lead the raids. I mean, if you have to tell the server to unblock him, why not just choose a different leader?

Don't worry about little ol' me. I will stay clear of your raids from now on. I just wanted to play the game, go on an adventure. I wanted to be in the raid but instead i got purpled, twice, while others stood around and watched.

Hate me all you want, say whatever nasty things you want to, like you do all day every day in public chat. I expect it. It's your character. I don't care, i have chickens to feed and oranges to pick. That's my character.

Purpling is a function of the game. We have, or had, purplers on the East faction at almost ever event. However, one has quit, and the other rarely shows their face.

We have players that use racial slurs and terrible remarks all the time. We have heroes that my guild - probably the most active and high GS guild that East has currently - despise. Heroes who obviously do not know how to lead. But they top the charts consistently.

It is a mechanic of the game. I’m sorry you are being purpled on by your Hero, however, you can’t take it to heart. Next time, maybe you can make the raid. Or ask a guildie, your husband, your friends, to make the raid early. I’m just some nobody and I led the 10pm titan raid last night just because I started it when no one wanted to, or was available to.

Welcome to the open world PvP filled with children who use inappropriate language liberally because their mamas are not watching. I’m sorry.

We had someone loot master during the last titan in 2019. People always find a way to be assholes. The game allows them to be, sadly.

Try to get into another raid. Usually there are two or as Mitis has said, step up and try to be quicker with creating one.

Thank you for the kind and encouraging words @Mitis and @trapwhre02. They are much appreciated. And thank you to the forum staff for approving the post. It looked like it wasn't going to be approved, so i had gone ahead and said my peace in Nation chat Friday night. But now i can add a little more to it.

TLDR: There are new and casual players on the server also, who may want to participate in events. Maybe make sure they get into the raids instead of killed by the raid leader.

The first Titan event that i went to (not the actual first one on the server, as i was having to catch up with the Mistmerrow part of the quest), i didn't know why i wasn't getting added to the raid. I was waiting for an invite that never showed up. I got purpled by someone known for purpling people, but didn't think much of it. He didn't kill me that time. Just a few seconds before the mobs spawned i noticed a message in my chat log saying i had declined a raid invite, but i never saw one. So then i thought maybe the raid leader was on my block list, as a lot of people are. A few seconds later someone whispered me to whisper the raid leader, and yes it was someone from my block list. I got killed soon after, i thought by mobs but now not sure, and just recalled myself home from the respawn point.

Later that day i tried again to join the raid, not even thinking it would be the same leader. But standing with everyone else and not getting invited, i realized it was the same leader again. I remembered seeing someone say to use the raid finder to join, so i was looking at windows trying to figure out how to do that. While i was trying to figure it out, i was attacked again, more relentlessly than the first time. Other players from the same guild joined in, they were set on killing me. Me. A older lady just wanting to hit some aoe heals and try to help with the event. I just a week or so ago got my support pack gear after having an issue with my account for a long time keeping me from being able to claim it. I got all healing gear so i could help with the raids. I just recently started going to Mistmerrow raids and really enjoying them, learning more about my healing skills, upgrading my gear. I was really enjoying participating with the server. And now here's this special event that i wanted to help with too. But, nope.

People have whispered me trying to help, and that is much appreciated. I wasn't the only one getting purpled, i am just (maybe) the only one to speak out about it. People gripe about low server population, or lack of participation in raids or events. Well... how many people might there be on the server, like myself, who are avoiding those things because of the negativity and toxicity? I avoid chat, and most of the raids, pretty much everything but Mistmerrow... but i was willing to set that aside and participate in the Titan event. Only, nope, i was killed instead. Not by a mob, not by a red player, not by a random person. I was killed by the raid leader, while trying to join the raid. The main reason i'm even saying anything is because of the simple fact that people saw the need to announce in public chat that we all needed to unblock this person to join the event. That's ridiculous. Calling everyone nasty names and telling us to unblock someone to do an event that is meant for all of us?

It took a while for my post to show up on the forums. If i'm not mistaking, a couple of other people have lead raids for the event since Friday, which is great. The server needs more of that. I just wanted people to think about a raid leader purpling people instead of making sure everyone is added to the raid, and how that might affect participation on the server.

You can find the raid recruit button here, under the sign post button. You can join public raids with that menu.

1578873833629.png

That being said, the reason you were attacked is because you weren't joining the raid, and I didn't want to lose out on loot/tags because you weren't joining. Also because I felt like it. You're free to play the game any which way you want - as am I. If the way you play the game involves ignoring me, so be it, it doesn't bother me at all, but realize that you're the one who put yourself in the position you were in.

At no point did you think to reach out to me to ask me for an invite. Blocking and unblocking a character is very easy to do. I'm not sure whether it was ego or being stubborn that prevented that, but again, the blame lies squarely on you.

Scapegoat for hero.

Game built with mechanics to troll causes trolling.

Nothing to see here folks.

And of course it's hard to tell who is more petty in this situation anymore...

Person who blocks ppl
or
Person who kills ppl that have blocked them

'idk 'idk

Other players from the same guild joined in, they were set on killing me. Me. A older lady just wanting to hit some aoe heals and try to help with the event

I just can't get over this line... I really wouldn't consider someone who is early 40's as an older person. I am 33 and play this game for fun. I have friends who play this game that are in there 50's and don't refer to themselves as old.

It just comes down to you will end up being blocked from events if you block anyone and everyone that offends you. That is like saying 'THEY HURT MY FEELINGS AND NOW WONT LET ME PLAY WAHHHHHHH" Just unblock the people do the events and you will get to do what you want.

I just can't get over this line... I really wouldn't consider someone who is early 40's as an older person. I am 33 and play this game for fun. I have friends who play this game that are in there 50's and don't refer to themselves as old.

It just comes down to you will end up being blocked from events if you block anyone and everyone that offends you. That is like saying 'THEY HURT MY FEELINGS AND NOW WONT LET ME PLAY WAHHHHHHH" Just unblock the people do the events and you will get to do what you want.

I did not refer to myself as old. I work (voluntarily) in the music industry. Most of the musicians i work with are nearly young enough to be my kids, and most of them are guys. So, in comparison to them, i am "older," and i am a "lady." It's the same here. Most of the people playing this game are way younger than me, so i am "older" by comparison. And most are guys, which i am not. So in this atmosphere, i am an "older lady." In other games i play, i am on the younger end of the players i know. And my reason for saying that is to point out that i am not some young kid trying to cause trouble for the raid or be a troll that deserved to be taught a lesson. I was trying to join the raid to help out.

I don't block everyone. I have about a dozen people on my block list (had thought there were more until i looked at it again). No one hurt my feelings, i just prefer not to see garbage on my screen all day. I have two options: block the garbage, or block the public chat channels. If i block the public channels, i miss out on the newer players looking for help. I tend to answer questions or try to help people who use those channels. It's more useful if i block the garbage.

And i don't want anything from this event. I just wanted to help out with it, go on an adventure and participate.

-snip-

That being said, the reason you were attacked is because you weren't joining the raid, and I didn't want to lose out on loot/tags because you weren't joining. Also because I felt like it. -snip-

-snip-

Scapegoat for hero.

I was trying to join the raid. I was killed within seconds while i was trying to join. I had windows open on my screen trying to find a way into the raid when you and your friends killed me.

-snip- The main reason i'm even saying anything is because of the simple fact that people saw the need to announce in public chat that we all needed to unblock this person to join the event. -snip-

This. Seems you guys are missing the point of this. People were using public channels to tell the server to unblock you to get into the raid. I saw those comments before i ever had the previous quests finished to be able to join the event myself. So now, if i'm the only person "stubborn" enough to block you, why the PSAs? If only a few of us "thin skinned p******" would have you blocked, why the PSAs? Why the PSAs at all? Because, as you all know, there are a lot of people on the server who have you blocked. And your chosen method, as a "hero" and "leader", was to go purple and kill your own faction members who were trying to participate in the event. What kind of "leader" kills people trying to join their team? "Not sure whether it was ego or being stubborn" that you won't let a different person lead the event instead of killing all the people who don't like you.

I did not refer to myself as old. I work (voluntarily) in the music industry. Most of the musicians i work with are nearly young enough to be my kids, and most of them are guys. So, in comparison to them, i am "older," and i am a "lady." It's the same here. Most of the people playing this game are way younger than me, so i am "older" by comparison. And most are guys, which i am not. So in this atmosphere, i am an "older lady." In other games i play, i am on the younger end of the players i know. And my reason for saying that is to point out that i am not some young kid trying to cause trouble for the raid or be a troll that deserved to be taught a lesson. I was trying to join the raid to help out.

I don't block everyone. I have about a dozen people on my block list (had thought there were more until i looked at it again). No one hurt my feelings, i just prefer not to see garbage on my screen all day. I have two options: block the garbage, or block the public chat channels. If i block the public channels, i miss out on the newer players looking for help. I tend to answer questions or try to help people who use those channels. It's more useful if i block the garbage.

And i don't want anything from this event. I just wanted to help out with it, go on an adventure and participate.

I was trying to join the raid. I was killed within seconds while i was trying to join. I had windows open on my screen trying to find a way into the raid when you and your friends killed me.

This. Seems you guys are missing the point of this. People were using public channels to tell the server to unblock you to get into the raid. I saw those comments before i ever had the previous quests finished to be able to join the event myself. So now, if i'm the only person "stubborn" enough to block you, why the PSAs? If only a few of us "thin skinned p******" would have you blocked, why the PSAs? Why the PSAs at all? Because, as you all know, there are a lot of people on the server who have you blocked. And your chosen method, as a "hero" and "leader", was to go purple and kill your own faction members who were trying to participate in the event. What kind of "leader" kills people trying to join their team? "Not sure whether it was ego or being stubborn" that you won't let a different person lead the event instead of killing all the people who don't like you.

And of course it's hard to tell who is more petty in this situation anymore...

Person who blocks ppl
or
Person who kills ppl that have blocked them

'idk 'idk

This thread only exist cuz people suggested to stop family/raid/guild/friend invites from blocked people.

Yes it's annoying cuz you can't just x up anymore to get in, however, people don't x up anymore anyway cuz of the raid finder, which, oh my, is exempt from this new invite canceling for blocked people!

Press shíft+R -> click the little icon with the magnifying glass and apply to a raid. Super easy.

Back