What's new

Event times not balanced for EU?

Where are you playing from? And what you think about the timers?

• EU player

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Balance event times for both

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • US player

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xkillerz

Proposed Server Event time changes: Lusca Awakening - 9:00 PM (everyday). Abyssal Attack - 8:30 PM (Tues., Thu., Sat.). Mourning Breath - 8:00 PM (Wed., Sat.). Kraken - 6:30 PM (Tues., Thurs., Sat). Mistmerrow Conflict - 10:00 AM / 3:00 PM /8:00 PM (everyday). Battle of the Golden Plains -12:00 PM / 9:30 PM (everyday).

So to give an indication. There are also a lot of EU people planning to play on this server. 9:00 PM EDT = 2 pm-midnight in the Netherlands. That's not playable for us or other EU countries.

Do you have any plans to do a middle solution like 2 hours back or you might launch an EU server as well when there is enough demand?

It's cool that an NA server is launching. But I think a lot of EU people are mistaking themselves with the event timers.

I have put a poll on this topic. Tell me if you are a EU player or US player and if you are for a optinon for balancing times for both. This is for the admins to judge if a EU server is maybe needed.

they mentioned there could be eu launch after depending how popular the english na version is. also im from oceania so your times don't help me, do you not care about us?

A few points.

1)This is a NA server. The times are made this way so both West Coast NA and East Coast NA have a reasonable chance to attend. We push back times by 2 hours and it means West Coast people who work or go to school during daytime cannot attend most of the events.

2)They said that if there was enough demand, they'd launch an EU server.

3)The RU server is already an EU client, with times perfectly suitable for EU players.

Given these three points, I'm sorry, but we've already had a poll and it was tremendously in favor of switching the times to accomodate NA players.

A few points.

1)This is a NA server. The times are made this way so both West Coast NA and East Coast NA have a reasonable chance to attend. We push back times by 2 hours and it means West Coast people who work or go to school during daytime cannot attend most of the events.

3)The RU server is already an EU client, with times perfectly suitable for EU players.

Given these three points, I'm sorry, but we've already had a poll and it was tremendously in favor of switching the times to accomodate NA players.

Fair enough. Then I understand why the times got made this way.

Its extremely hard to find a balance between them both unfortunately, hopefully you guys get your own release soon enough. The new times were based on a majority vote of the NA players already.

A few points.

Agreed

I may be underestimating the population this server is going to have, but i'm just considering the possibility that NA and EU players will be enough to fill up this server, but not close to where another server is needed or recommended. Based on this, i think finding a compromise would be in everyone's best interest.

Yeah a lot of people who intend to play a mmo don't actually go to forums, but i agree i think it will be a goldi locks server

I may be underestimating the population this server is going to have, but i'm just considering the possibility that NA and EU players will be enough to fill up this server, but not close to where another server is needed or recommended. Based on this, i think finding a compromise would be in everyone's best interest.

Finding a balance between the two is practically impossible. The difference in time between eu and na is too large. Either eu gets priority or na gets priority or neither do and almost no one shows up to events.

then wouldn't it be better if they made 2 of the same events, 1 suitable for eu and the other for na timezones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back