What's new

Healthy PvP-oriented balance suggestion.

LittleKiddo

So I recently came back to the game after played in 2.9 release.
I never encountered any of this on earlier versions of this game, but since newer patches escalate gear progression up to 15+ - 20k gear points there is quite a bit of issues that occur for any returning or new player.
There is no pvp for any new player with under 15k gs outside of balanced arena's that nobody queues up anyways.

As of my experience today I got killed 3 times by Collateral Tick damage. No one attacked, no one I got to attack either.
1st case : Opposing faction member jumps into our group with Retribution on - I take 2k damage per tick that ticks once every 0.25 secs and I take total of 20k damage in 2 seconds.
I died from the wind basically from a *returning* damage despite me not even attacking.
2nd case : Some minutes after this, opposing faction member hits someone in our group with a spell and procs Electric Shock passive. The passive spreads around and ticks me for 3k damage per tick every 1.0 second. I was kept alive from a healer of ours for 5-6 seconds but as soon as the heals stopped incoming I died in the next few seconds from the same Electric shock ticks ( 8 seconds later btw still ticking ).

So my genuine suggestion is to revamp all sort of Tick-based damage to % max HP based off of the target's max health pool. It's absolutely pointless for any player below 15k gs at this current state of the server progression to even attempt of joining PvP scene. You just get blasted by damage that isn't even suppose to kill you.

What I mean is that other players does NOT even need to hit you... They kill you with passive ticks, no problem :D

Back