Should Keyboard macros be allowed?

• yes

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • no

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • doesn't matter to me

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
What is the servers stance on hardware macros? I.e. have my keyboard hitting F every at intervals to mine a mining thatched? Or a macro to spam spacebar on a mount in water?

Based on your first example it looks like you're asking if we can bot lol
not bot, it would just be pressing F - the spacebar can just as easily be set to mouse scroll and spin it to spam jump. I would just like a straight answer unlike live servers. Their stance on 'hardware' macros is unbelievably vague.

Bots are essentially a more advanced Macro. Your stopping at having your keyboard press F every X number of seconds. The bots your thinking of are that but also control your game to move you about and automate everything... its essentially the same thing but one is more advanced than the other.

Now on the otherhand if you just wanna have it spam F over and over while you pick up plants no one is gonna care... I know a few people in my guild on Kyrios would do that when our slave driving guild leader would have us pick up Yams from the mansion lol... there were like 2k Yams there... I dont fault them for having a macron on a spam F haha.

are you that lazy to press F to mine?
sure call it that. Or call it I don't have a lot of time to spend on the game so a mining thatch is a waste unless I can leave my character spamming F like I did on live servers. I'm just looking for a GM to give an outright answer, thank you! :)

Bots are essentially a more advanced Macro. Your stopping at having your keyboard press F every X number of seconds. The bots your thinking of are that but also control your game to move you about and automate everything... its essentially the same thing but one is more advanced than the other.

Now on the otherhand if you just wanna have it spam F over and over while you pick up plants no one is gonna care... I know a few people in my guild on Kyrios would do that when our slave driving guild leader would have us pick up Yams from the mansion lol... there were like 2k Yams there... I dont fault them for having a macron on a spam F haha.
a bot would be software - I'm asking about hardware macros, simple keystrokes you can set on repeat.

Back