What's new

Move traders in cinder to docks

vulgrr

The traders in cinderstone are setup in the worst way possible. They are extremely far from the safe zone, up horrible ladders, up a glitchy hill, and way away from the water. There is no way to just drive up to them like pretty much all of the other traders.

Can the devs please move the NPC locations to the actual docks themselves to alleviate some of these issues, and at least extend the safe zone to cover boat access to them?

Yny is setup super sweet for reds, solis is an easy dock to access and move around in, as is Villanelle. The reds have all of the good trade setups, but the east is constantly screwed. Solzreed is terrible, cinder is terrible, twocrowns is terrible.

Can you clarify what NPCs are in question? Both - Trade Outlet NPCs and regular Traders are located very close to each other and to the water. Regular Traders from 3.0 were never moved and are still standing at the same place as before.

Can you clarify what NPCs are in question? Both - Trade Outlet NPCs and regular Traders are located very close to each other and to the water. Regular Traders from 3.0 were never moved and are still standing at the same place as before.

I think he means this:
10f4ca7ba36fdfb045e2c93e91bc7a87.jpg

Cinderstone's docks are exposed to PvP as they aren't part of the safe-zone. Unloading your packs and moving them to the regular traders require you to climb up either a small ladder followed by an annoying slope, or a longer ladder which means more time and more vulnerability.
If you want to savely dock your ship you need to do it within the safe-zone all the way to the left and move packs to the merchant from there. Unloading on the right side of the safe-zone is a challenge as the slope is very steep and impossible to walk up without skills / abilities.

cf3d59b2e5febcfacf15cb6792c6c481.jpg

Yynystere has grants you the ability to safely dock your ship on the safe-zone side of the beach. the traders are also very close to the safe-zone. Even terrain makes it a child's play to unload your merchant, store packs in a freighter and move it to the trader.

You are discussing the 3.0 trade system traders in cinderstone. The higher the risk the better reward comes from those traders so they would not be safe. Plenty of players used that system in 2.9 and now through to 3.5 and always understood the risk of going to cinder in the past without having a safe area.

The traders in cinderstone are setup in the worst way possible. They are extremely far from the safe zone, up horrible ladders, up a glitchy hill, and way away from the water. There is no way to just drive up to them like pretty much all of the other traders.

Can the devs please move the NPC locations to the actual docks themselves to alleviate some of these issues, and at least extend the safe zone to cover boat access to them?

Yny is setup super sweet for reds, solis is an easy dock to access and move around in, as is Villanelle. The reds have all of the good trade setups, but the east is constantly screwed. Solzreed is terrible, cinder is terrible, twocrowns is terrible.

Yes and it has ALWAYS been this way... even in 2.9,,, 3.0
Handing in for routes going East --> West has always been poor, while West --> East the Traders are always right on the wharf (Ynystyre, Villanelle, Solis Headlands)... On this point I agree with you, with the exception of Solzreed - that one is decent at least.

But, the "fix" is not to extend safe zones. That's too boring :D
Those areas where traders are within the safe area only exist simply because of the PURE chance that SOME3.0 trade NPCs that are within the trade OUTLET safe zone area doesn't mean all of them need to be made that way.

Moving them closer to water would be good, but, emulating a hand-in like Villanelle's which is absolutely disgusting - the 3. traders are right on the water and the outlet safezone sits right on top of them - is not the solution :D

U can still do it safe in cinder, just will take more time.... I mean those few meters of unsafeness... well u get them everywhere except in villanelle...

upload_2019-5-10_15-10-57.png

U can still do it safe in cinder, just will take more time.... I mean those few meters of unsafeness... well u get them everywhere except in villanelle...

View attachment 7057

But that's my point. We shouldn't have to take all these extra routes as east, when the west gets super easy *everything*. Solis is better than solzreed for turnins, yny is better than cinder, hell even vill is better than two crowns. The west gets all of the easiest things, while we get screwed.

If the land itself cannot be edited by the devs due to restrictions (lack of project files or whatever) then we should at least be able to petition for the NPCs to be physically moved, which we know they can do, in order to even out the turn ins

But that's my point. We shouldn't have to take all these extra routes as east, when the west gets super easy *everything*. Solis is better than solzreed for turnins, yny is better than cinder, hell even vill is better than two crowns. The west gets all of the easiest things, while we get screwed.

If the land itself cannot be edited by the devs due to restrictions (lack of project files or whatever) then we should at least be able to petition for the NPCs to be physically moved, which we know they can do, in order to even out the turn ins
I'm sorry you lost packs, but the factions are inherently asymmetric. Both factions have their own benefits. Cinderstone and Ynystere benefit neither side since it's all neutral alliance; it's just positioning. Nothing is stopping you from loading up in Nuia and traveling to Ynystere to turn in; and vice versa.

The NPC placement has never really been an issue.

The NPC placement has always been an issue, but not enough people complained about it to get anything to change.

I didn't lose any packs, I'm just tired of the insecurity of the turn in, while reds get all the safety in the world wherever they go on our side. No glitchy messes to deal with, no 8 mile walks to turn ins, just clean and clear trade runs.

Yny fully benefits the reds running from their continent to ours. The fact that you think otherwise displays your massive ignorance of the game.

The factions aren't "asymmetrical" either. There is no tit for tat. It's purely advantage for running packs from west to east, with the only way for east to take advantage is to also run packs from west to east. It's asinine. Simple movement of the NPCs would resolve the issue.

Even the guards glitch out here, and on the off chance happen to detect an attack happening right in front of their face, they don't even make it down the hill to the docks. They glitch out and have to run to one of the two sets of stairs to even start responding to an attack. It's ridiculous. It has always been a poorly planned out spot, completely worthless for the east as a "neutral zone".

I mean, cmon, look at this garbage https://imgur.com/a/cCARd07 Constant issues in this spot

For me personally the only frustrating thing is the guards glitching and not doing shit.... but the placement of the Trader NPCs is fine....

Back