What's new

New Race Cooldowns

Should New race transformations cooldowns be reworked

• Total voters

Boneclaw

Okay so i know the new races transforms are cool, but they are not that overpowered, but as that was the main selling point for both Warborns and Dwarfs, i think the cool downs need to be lowered for some of the skills, i understand some should have cool downs so people do not abuse them, for example the warborn invincibility skill, however currently the transform only lasts for 4 minutes, has a 26 minute cooldown meaning that the whole point of that class and its attractiveness is diminished, imo a 6 minute cooldown would be ideal,

that casues people not to spam the form (Even tho that is the point of the race) and means they have to actually play their class, so people dont just meme them, and there will be some tactics involved as to when to use the transform, but 6 mins is still longer than even a ship repair, and i think as you cant use it after you die anyway and it is on cooldown using it for 30 seconds, and getting jumped by a zerg then having to wait 26 minutes.... to be able to again when it does allow some CC is pretty ridiculous,

also the 11 second invincibility .. has a cooldown of 9 minutes... longer that the form even lasts for... im not sure if this is an issue for Dwarves, but i assume it might be, also it is a Race specific ability,

Imagine if elves had to use a buff for their swimming, lasted for 4 mins, then rest for 25 mins, meaning the whole point of being an elf is removed completely for the majority of their playtime. you would never hear the end of it.

also Stealth is a very useful skill, and you can get skill cooldown for it to be in stealth permanently, but if someone sees you its game on, nobody complains abut this though, im sure if stealth has a cooldown of well over 4 times its initial duration of 30 secs there would be some annoyed people out there.

Also just to be clear yes i am 55, yes i have the transform mastered, and fully leveled, so i dont need to just go level up more or work on it.

realistically as the form is sent to cooldown when you die, it should be allowed to be entered at any time imo, it already balances out to be fair to the other races, as you can only use those skills in that time, and not pots, pets, etc, as i am seeing all these other suggestions being implemented, such as the stacking of items above 100, which was a great addition, i was wondering what everyone else thought, do you agree, or disagree

So you get cool transform and kinda OP skills and elves can swim faster? Not sure what is being asked here. Dwarf and Warborn already make other classes a lot less appealing and you want to make them stronger then they already are? These races are so different then the current races its not even fair to other races imo. The buff I have as an elf is peanuts compared to a full transformation with a whole full set of skills to go with it. Cooldown seems way more then fair given how much better it is then all other races.

Thing is Naggerknife, the racial actives for the old races are completely worthless outside of a few instances. 30min cooldown to negate fall damage for just several seconds on the Firran? Get outta here with that. It makes a lot of sense for the new races because those transformations are really good, but in my eyes the actives on the old races might as well not be there for all it is worth. Passives felt meaningful before and made sense. Elf lore states they grew up around lakes and as such are naturally better swimmers. Makes sense right? Well with how it is in 3.0, they can only be good swimmers by activating an effect which just doesn't make sense.

XL screwed over wanting to play the old races unless you were already at max level. Warborn and Dwarf get to level 30 faster and have better racial skills than the old races. Racial skills need to definitely be looked at but not the transformations.

Thing is Naggerknife, the racial actives for the old races are completely worthless outside of a few instances. 30min cooldown to negate fall damage for just several seconds on the Firran? Get outta here with that. It makes a lot of sense for the new races because those transformations are really good, but in my eyes the actives on the old races might as well not be there for all it is worth. Passives felt meaningful before and made sense. Elf lore states they grew up around lakes and as such are naturally better swimmers. Makes sense right? Well with how it is in 3.0, they can only be good swimmers by activating an effect which just doesn't make sense.

XL screwed over wanting to play the old races unless you were already at max level. Warborn and Dwarf get to level 30 faster and have better racial skills than the old races. Racial skills need to definitely be looked at but not the transformations.
I agree but the question was about new races and I addressed that. if the question was reworking old race passives then yes they need reworked. Old race passives and such are pointless compared to new ones.

I've brought this point up many, many times already. What we need to do is make an official request to have the racial passives for the old races reverted back to the way they were in 2.9.

Dwarves and Warborn can keep their transformations. But the old races should have passives that always apply to how they operate. Elves with their swimspeed, harani with their portals and logging, firran with their reduced fall damage, etc.

We are talking about the new race's here and i think the cooldown of 26 minutes is ridiculous.. i mean even 10 mins would be fairer, the skills are not actually that op (go play a new race to see) and access to 4 more skills that are essentially 2 CC's and a invince for 10 secs, and a punch, for a class with no cc is cool but not game breaking.

with regards to the old races, i still don't even understand why their passives were removed, perhaps we should give all races their passives back, and warborns and dwarf transformations could become like abyssal skills, needing some specific factors to be met to allow for it, but if you rework the old classes to have all their passive abilities back and new races have no passives.. you just flipped the whole point backwards in reverse..

I didn't reverse the point.

You are complaining about the cooldowns of racial abilities.

I made the statement that the cooldowns shouldn't even exist in the first place. Racial abilities for the old races should stay as passives, ergo eliminating the need for a cooldown at all.

The new racial transformations are just fine at a half hour.

As for your complaints about things like invincibility in the Ravager form, it doesn't matter. Once you use Queens Blessing in ravager, you're taken out of the form anyway. Your point there isn't even anything to discuss. It is, in fact, irrelevant.

no the point of the topic was that the cooldown of 26 mins for a 4 min skill was stupid, and should it be lowered to a more reasonable level, or not.

do not try to mince my words, this post is a discussion not a complaint, so do not word or attempt to frame it as such, nor was my statement about a specific skills cooldown a complaint, it was more a statement, one which fit with the whole debate.

you are taking the whole thread off-topic by talking about the other races which frankly are nothing to do with this post, and comments like:

''Your point there isn't even anything to discuss. It is, in fact, irrelevant.''

Is firstly incorrect, and secondly more like a personal affront, you do not have to agree with my point of view, or like it, or like myself.

It is however open to discuss, so either discuss the topic at hand, and whether u agree with it or not (which you have already stated, twice you do not, and have voted too)

You should create another post on a separate topic for the old races and any issues with them, if you wish to discuss those, as the topic of this post clearly states what the topic should be.

The cooldown should be increased to 56 minutes. Comparative to all other races, the new races abilities are way too strong. It should always be a consideration when their skill is used, in the most dire of circumstances.

Back