What's new

omg GG FOR U ARCHE-RAGE :)

There's no waste of money and time if your'e enjoying the game so fuck off Trion. GG and great job Archerage this server rocks. :)

Why do you sit there saying credit info is at risk if youre buying credits...? You forget buying credits on the private server IS DONE THROUGH A 3RD PARTY REDEMPTION WEBSITE. MEANING CREDIT CANNOT possibly be at risk because you pay VIA PAYPAL (a payment protection program) then you also buy a redemption code, which is then redeemed onto the server. Therefore i don't even believe credit info would be at risk here.

And good, Trion is a scumbag company, additonally, they don't OWN ARCHEAGE, THEY ONLY OWN THE NA RELEASE VERSIONS. The Private server is TECHNICALLY a a foreign hosted game as well as a NON NA CLIENT with a NA LANGUAGE patch. Therefore, i don't believe it's within their jurisdiction. Also, yes, the book analogy is awful because Trion is doing JUST THAT, they are releasing an NA version of AA that THEY ALSO DON'T OWN. lol! Additionally, your comments about Darkrunner are honestly very bias. A promise a daggerspell and many other classes can easily defeat DR 1v1.. lol

Also, why has no one mentioned the OTHER private server that has been around for over 5 months...? It hasnt been touched yet.

Look at this game as money invested for entertainment. Going to the movies is a 3 hour ordeal, and with two people + popcorn and soda, it's something like 50 dollars. For 3 hours.

Paying 20 dollars for a month of fun in this game is a significantly better value than 3 hours of movie theater entertainment.

Look at this game as money invested for entertainment. Going to the movies is a 3 hour ordeal, and with two people + popcorn and soda, it's something like 50 dollars. For 3 hours.

Paying 20 dollars for a month of fun in this game is a significantly better value than 3 hours of movie theater entertainment.

lmao, so very true, Krowley.

Or, paying no money at all for months of entertainment is also much better. Movies are a horrid analogy as they are overpriced, that's like comparing a football game which lasts like 4 hours to a video game which can last as long as the user chooses. I could buy an indie game for 20$ and play for thousands of hours, that doesnt indicate that i SHOULD be paying 20$ a month for such entertainment. I could also buy a ball from the store and play with it for 1000 days, it doesnt mean i should pay a reoccurring fee to enjoy such entertainment. Sorry.

I'd say look at this game as time invested, nothing more, nothing less. The original idea behind buying patron in itself is PAY2WIN because it forced APEX and other payment methods down peoples' throats. Additionally, i think the private server is safer for your credit info because it wont charge REOCCURRING fees to play from your credit company.

I don't honestly believe movies are that horrible of an analogy. We'll spend significant amounts of money for very limited entertainment. Going to a bar to watch a football game can be a 20 dollar ordeal after drinks and food, and that's cheap. Going to a concert can also be a 20 dollar ordeal for cheap seats. Baseball games are also somewhere around 20 dollars for cheap seats (not including parking).

If you budget your entertainment, for a lot of people spending 20 dollars on this game is a much, much better value than many other things.

I don't honestly believe movies are that horrible of an analogy. We'll spend significant amounts of money for very limited entertainment. Going to a bar to watch a football game can be a 20 dollar ordeal after drinks and food, and that's cheap. Going to a concert can also be a 20 dollar ordeal for cheap seats. Baseball games are also somewhere around 20 dollars for cheap seats (not including parking).

If you budget your entertainment, for a lot of people spending 20 dollars on this game is a much, much better value than many other things.
Again, you're still leaving out the fact that the 20$ payment is REOCCURRING FEE. GOING TO THE MOVIES OR A BAR IS A 1 TIME FEE you can choose to pay at any point again. Again, how many games are on the market that cost just 20$ that are not reoccurring? (Most of them..) That's your answer. A reoccurring fee to play a game which already has an in-game cash shop and many other ways to make money is sheer greed. period. You dont go to the movies and pay for each hour you're there, you go to the movies once and pay for the entire duration of the trip. :)

It's misleading to label a game "free to play" when half the gameplay and in-game mechanics as well as tax reductions and OWNING LAND are PATRON only, PAID features. Sorry.

Also, i promise you the private server will likely make more money having a free patron system, as it allows the game to be more open to newcomers as well as allowing people to play with labor and without insane taxes, as well as own land. Therefore, a larger playerbase also means a larger amount of business on all other forms of payment. Forcing reoccurring fees onto a community and forcing land demolitions is an extremely unfriendly system and is the DEFINITION of pay-to-win, as land is proven to be one of the largest moneymakers in AA as well as being a huge portion of content.

Back