What's new

Plans for cease and desist?

riddick

If you host in NA, Trion is going to unleash their attorneys very quickly. Any plans to mitigate quick shut down? I would host in Mexico (i know this seems far fetched) but it's been done by other private servers.

If you host in NA, Trion is going to unleash their attorneys very quickly. Any plans to mitigate quick shut down? I would host in Mexico (i know this seems far fetched) but it's been done by other private servers.
From what I'm seeing, the following seems to be true:
1)Their NA server will be based off the east coast. They already have it setup so it is on EST time (see the frontpage), among other things.
2)Given that, it gives us Canada, USA, but also large parts of the Antilles. There is more than a few island countries over there who can serve as good hosts.
3)Even if they were hosted in the USA or Canada, I believe that the fact that their company is based off in the Kingdom of Tonga complicates matters. Tonga is an OFC. Their laws regarding financial matters and offshore companies in general resemble those of other tax havens.
4)The main reason why I think #3 is valid is because their current "Russian" server is ... based in France. France has very severe laws regarding intellectual property and copyright infringement. If a cease and desist letter was an option, Trion would have but to mail it. It hasn't been done despite the server clearly competing with Trion's territory (EU players) since February 2017. There's a reason for that.

Imo, it'll be perfectly fine. This team, as opposed to Trion's band of monkeys, seems to know what the hell they're doing.

Trion probably can't afford lawyers after the 3.0 disaster o_O

Trino can't understand the situation. It has slow reaction time. And it has more "marketing expert" and teleshop guru than workers who fix or test or do practical things. Teleshop skill will not be enough to close this server. :D

Even if the host closes your server in response to some DMCA, you can just use another host.

Trino is a relatively small publisher remember, with low resources. Mail.ru is much much much bigger and this server (and these peoples other mail.ru games) have been around for a while now with no issues.

Can relax a bit, your characters are not going poof

The server is located in Quebec, Canada. Unlike the majority of Canada, Quebec has their own set laws. There is also the issue of who to contact (government), as Canada is split up between state owned land and sovereign land ... Good luck trying to pin them down through that legal mess.

Both Trion and Xl games, have a very expensive battle a ahead. One they either can't afford, or have no chance of winning. Relax people.

I think the Servers cant go so fast down! Idk for me Trion cant do shit !
Trion did all wrong and now they cry, thats my opinion.
I hope this server never die :)

Just look at the faces of the staff during the live stream ... Celestrata hasn't looked that nervous, since he went in for gender reassignment surgury.

They literally have no chance of legal action, people should read Canadian laws ... In this case the laws of Quebec.

No legal recource, nor any real idea of what they're doing.
Besides, those two muppets/puppets won't have any real access or understanding to that kind of information, they're just there to shill the latest cash shop update.

Back