What's new

Plans for Oceanic region?

Bearnch

Just found out about this the other day and noticed that we have EU servers and NA servers up within a few months.
Are there any plans for an Oceanic server region? then you would be able to cater to the majority of the world that way, I'd imagine playing on an NA server from AU would not be very enjoyable?

I did read the FAQ and other sources but couldn't find a definitive answer, is there no character-transfers between server regions? I would love to start playing but if an AU region is released and I can't move my character onto their after spending alot of time with it then It would probably make me stop playing to be honest :p.

Last edited:
NA is fine for oceanic players, an oceanic server would be dead af

Alright, cool. I'll be able to see for myself after school today. I suppose a lot of the Asian population that could fill the new OC servers would be playing original archeage.

a SEA server would be good but OCE unlikely, theres only a handful of MMOs that have OCE servers and WoW 1st comes to mind. I'm form NZ btw

yes i play this server. You just have to download the client on the main page of na.archerage.to and that will set you up with NA version - only 1 server for NA

yes i play this server. You just have to download the client on the main page of na.archerage.to and that will set you up with NA version - only 1 server for NA

Sorry, I don't think I qualified my statement very well. What I meant was how is the performance when playing from NZ? How much improvement is Archerage over normal archeage?

I'm Australian. I would LOVE to have an oceanic server!

But sadly, there's just not enough of us to justify it. As for server lag, it can be pretty bad at certain times of the day. Luckily for us, prime time OZ means most of the Americans have gone to bed :p.

However, I don't know if it's really possible for Aussies to PvP (I'm a PvE player so the lag doesn't bother me too much). But there are times when my skills just don't register and I have to click the button two or three times before my skill will execute.

Also, having your enemies suddenly 'pop' to a different location can be a bit disconcerting at times. So I'd have to say that the lag on this server is a little bit worse than the official servers, but not by much. It's certainly playable (but maybe not for PvP).

Edit: I'm playing from a small country town near Canberra and we haven't got the NBN on yet. If you're in the city with the NBN your experience will probably be much, much better.

Back