What's new

Question about Land grabs

Niizzy

Hi!

Completely new to the game, havent played since 2 dot something and wow, the game is really different from what I remember. There is a lot of abandoned land taking spaces that a new player would probably benefit from and there aren't many helpful players around, people killing noobs from their own faction is something I still can't fathom. But all these problems aside, I have a question:

How does land grab works now? I found a little plot in Auroria and tried to put my house on it, it said it would start a land claim roll in 20 secons and said I won the roll and the land was protected for me but when I tried to put my house on the land, I couldn't. It was returning my house to my inventory and saying I couldn't participate in land rolls anymore for x seconds. So, someone came and killed me and put their house on the spot I was trying to use. like, what? It said I won the land claim roll and it was protected for me but I couldn't use it, someone else used it.

Can someone explain to me what happened, please?

when I tried to put my house on the land, I couldn't.

Was the land you tried to get flat? And did you have enough taxes to place it?

There's only 60 seconds of safe placing after you win the rolls, so if you don't place within that time it starts over. You do start your cooldown timer for having participated in the rolls, however.

You can read more info about custom changes to taxes and housing in this guide about random stuff and in this maintenance thread.

Was the land you tried to get flat? And did you have enough taxes to place it?

There's only 60 seconds of safe placing after you win the rolls, so if you don't place within that time it starts over. You do start your cooldown timer for having participated in the rolls, however.

You can read more info about custom changes to taxes and housing in this guide about random stuff and in this maintenance thread.
It was flat, it was a nice land. I had enough taxes, but when I tried to put the design on the land, both the design and the taxes was returning to my inventory. It was right after I won the roll, so 60 seconds didn't passed.
After 3 or so times that the design and the taxes was returning to my inventory, a guy just put their design on the land out of nowhere, didn't even saw the guy and he killed me.

It was weird.

You didn't see an error message? You got a few unbuilt plots somewhere else?
Nope, I'm new, don't have any other plot. There wasn't any errors messages, it was just returning the items to my inventory without any errors. Then It began showing the "you can't participate in land rolls for x seconds" error, I guess because the 60seconds limit ran out. Then out of nowhere some guy put his design there and killed me. Maybe it was lag? I don't know, it was very strange.

It was flat, it was a nice land. I had enough taxes, but when I tried to put the design on the land, both the design and the taxes was returning to my inventory. It was right after I won the roll, so 60 seconds didn't passed.
After 3 or so times that the design and the taxes was returning to my inventory, a guy just put their design on the land out of nowhere, didn't even saw the guy and he killed me.

It was weird.
If you won the roll it should have said it in the game chat. As you were not being able to place the design, it sounds more like you lost the roll. Did you take a screenshot with that roll results?

If you won the roll it should have said it in the game chat. As you were not being able to place the design, it sounds more like you lost the roll. Did you take a screenshot with that roll results?
I didn't took a screenshot. I won the roll, it said so in the chat. There wasn't anyone rolling for it, I was alone. Tried to put the land but it kept returning to my inventory without any errors. Then some people teleported and I got killed. It was most likely a huge lag spike, there is no other explanation.

Thanks for all the answers but I couldn't find another plot of land, there are whole housing provinces own by a single person, almost 70% of it and its all empty. looks like no one is using it, which is kinda lame for a new player to see that. Gonna give up for now.

Last edited:
The only other thing I can think of is that you were hiding in stealth, disabling you from placing a plot. Make sure to read the stuff from those links I shared a few days ago, and make sure you don't mess anything up that's listed there.

The only other thing I can think of is that you were hiding in stealth, disabling you from placing a plot. Make sure to read the stuff from those links I shared a few days ago, and make sure you don't mess anything up that's listed there.
Wasn't in stealth. I don't know what happened, but it is what it is. Can't do anything about that now.

Out of topic, wanted to ask. I'm level 55+ and I'm getting "your level is too low" when trying to plant trees, whats up with that? Was working fine, chopped 5 trees then began to get this error message when tried to plant more.

Out of topic, wanted to ask. I'm level 55+ and I'm getting "your level is too low" when trying to plant trees, whats up with that? Was working fine, chopped 5 trees then began to get this error message when tried to plant more.

You can only plant 100 things a day, be it crops, animals, trees, larders, etc.

Back