What's new

Should Trade Pack Values Be Raised?

Tiptoe

There are only a few ways that gold actually comes into the game. Trade packs, Fishing, Coin Purses and Daily Quests are probably the most well known.

But there's a slight problem, this income is fixed. It never changes. And at this stage of the server's life, I feel like it's too low.

At the moment, there's a lot of gold being generated by bots and gold sellers (who's preferred method of gold making seems to be coin purse farming). And this is allowing people who buy gold to pull far ahead of everybody else.

But I don't want to talk about that! The gold sellers are here (they're in every popular game) and there's little we can do about it.

What I would like to discuss is a way to even the field a little. A way for legit players, who work for their gold, to keep up with the gold buyers.

So this is my proposal, I don't think bots like running Trade Packs (too much effort) so should Trade Pack values (and perhaps Fishing values) be raised?

What do you think? Would this help? Or would it make things worse?

Instead of buffing the individual trade pack prices, I think there should be some Tradepack events similar to the current fishing/charcoal event.

Either give a loyalty token/merit bonus one day a week for gold pack turn-ins. These extra tokens could help supplement pack-makers incomes.

with the increased labour regen, the percentage regen rate should have been raised. Outside of sea packs, most values are constantly below 100%.

Also improve the 22 payment system, there is no need for it to be this long. Money that enters the game, will enter it anyway.

Personally I think that trade packs are fine as they are, I would up the rewards for sport fishing, though.

I don't think bots like running Trade Packs (too much effort)

Oh no, there is ppl killing % of some traderuns, down to 70%, because they can just use a cheat software to tp their freighter from hasla/peri to yny/villa etc. While they are getting banned after player reports, they just transfer their crafthouse to an alt account and continue their cheatruns with another fresh alt account.

And nope, packs values are fine.

So this is my proposal, I don't think bots like running Trade Packs (too much effort)
The goal of making bots run tradepacks is because it takes ZERO effort tho ?
You get your bot up and running when you sleep/go to work, and you make money with no effort.

The argument here is flawed. In my opinion, just wait for 3.0 to add the new tradepack zones and then make gold off of those,

You're also missing a LOT of gold making opportunities if you only do purses, trade runs and fishing.
I have no idea which daily quests you're talking about, because as far as I know, there is no significant amount of gold coming from any daily quest

This is great feedback! Thanks folks :).

@Gugu the daily quests I'm talking about are the 'farmer's workstation' quests, the 'harvester's farmhouse' quests, the 'profession' quests (the ones you get for having high proficiency in a profession) and the daily 'merit' quests. Each one of these is worth 5 gold (I make about 40 gold per day just doing these quests).

You're also missing a LOT of gold making opportunities if you only do purses, trade runs and fishing.

I couldn't agree with you more. I don't do any of these activities and I make plenty of gold. But this isn't about me. This is about new players and people who don't have much time to play and choose to make their gold through trade runs. The returns are so poor that I'm not surprised some of them are turning to gold sellers :(.

I love coin purse farming in 2.9 because you have a chance at getting something decent out of the purses if we do get some kind of increase from that as far as crafting materials that would be great. Maybe a chance at getting a black pearl out of a chest or something like that. I love the idea of increasing the amount of gold from the farmers workstation quests. Also I would not mind seeing the trade packs given a boost or decrease the time in which the gold from those comes to you. Maybe have the gold come in the mail in 4-6 hours instead of 22 hours.

Keep in mind that no matter what is done gold wise, if it is profitable to do, there will be a bot for it.

#Makefishinggreatagain

But seriously, I think fishing should be the first thing looked at so a lot of the "care bear" players have a reason to get out on the water. With donations being down and a lot of big spenders unable to p2w I feel like server gold has kind of stagnated, but I guess since they openly allow buying gold this will eventually remedy the slow influx of gold.

There are some packs that may like to see a price increase but atm I'm the most on board with reducing the rate of the percentage drops myself, as well as doing something about the 22hr mail bit. Everything else is sped up why isn't this? :p

Maybe fishing, but I'm not sure about tradepacks.

Fishin prolly, the crap is ridiculous ,ppl saying they stopped robbing poor fishers, not worth the time hahah

@Tiptoe hey there im thinkin its gonna arrive on 3.0, buff for many trade pax, not to mention the airain/ahnimar route that shyt is crazy good
but for now swamp pax or cinder or hell ,any war zone related is kicking pretty good check yourself https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J2TAC30g9JfKjrUOnRsTkqeCyiMWkafuvqUwKB3PKjw/htmlview

I would support buffing fishing. Fishing hasn't been viable for a very long time, and its way overdue to become a thing again. I miss seeing hordes of boats lined up together in a huge cluster trying to get a fish.

Back on the fishing "debate", yeah we need to heavily buff fishing. Years of devs saying that fishing is "just fine" meanwhile you could double the value of fish and it'd still be a waste of my time.

Tradepacks are fine imo. With the rate of labor regeneration, you already can make a lot of money if you spent the time.

Fishing does need a buff tho.

Tradepacks are fine imo. With the rate of labor regeneration, you already can make a lot of money if you spent the time.

Fishing does need a buff tho.

Its not so much boosting the pack values themselve, its the fact that labour regens so quick that the turn in ratios are pretty much low constantly.

Its not so much boosting the pack values themselve, its the fact that labour regens so quick that the turn in ratios are pretty much low constantly.

Thats the check and balance placed on the trade system tho. If the route % is low then run it later, run somewhere else, maybe just stage instead, etc. I think the best money makers are the people who are flexible IMO.

Idk how many times we have to ask for fishing to be buffed its not balanced right now. In alot of cases it takes longer to find a spot and then fish up a single boat worth of fish than it does to craft packs and do a full merch run and the merch run has a larger pay out with what I would consider less risk as you dont have to sit in open water. My fishing boat at this point feels like a waste of gilda and gold trade packs are fine you never hear people saying thier merchant ship was a waste we have increased labor rates and reduced growing times on larders and materials needed for the packs but we cant make a puffer fish give more than 8g?? would it be so GAMEBREAKING to balance fishing and bring a bit of life back to the server for small scale water pvp? It isnt even like it would be too complicated of an issue just increase the value of the fish by a fair number.(I would say double all values to account for trade packs taking half the time to make) @Ryuzaki @Sparkle @IronLady

Back