What's new

Sorcery Theorycrafting PvE / PvP builds etc

chantress

From the net...

Please add and contribute... I try to find 2.9 versions, if things are different... LET us know ;)

Original Author CUPCAKEY Last update at May 17th 2015, 20:43
Link: http://earlygame.net/archeage/build...ll_GOD_MODE_1v1_2_3?r=true#7.8.2/0s67zbT1Hj2g

[LEVEL 55] --{ Daggerspell }-- GOD MODE 1v1/2/3

Due to the amount of CC and Burst the build has if played right it can be unkillable in 1v1 1v2 1v3 situations. It is heavily dependent on your fast tab targeting skills and fast CC combo chaining vs multiple opponents. It is perhaps tho one of the most fun builds to play once mastered. It's best used in PvP mainly but also works for Quick Leveling and even PvE / Dungeons / Raids with emphasis on crowd control, dps and protecting the healer.

Pros / Cons

Strengths

• You have insane amounts of burst damage, at your disposal.
    Good at handling multiple players at the same time
    You annihilate other caster builds, and squishies
    Fast paced combat movement to avoid or initiate
    Can AoE nuke from stealth vs Zergs / Multiple players
    The ability to keep safe distance from melee and lock them down from afar
    Tons of Crowd Control at your disposal (more so than most builds) - stun, sleep, fear, slow, knockdown, silence, root and disarm
Weaknesses

• Can take a while to get used to the many CC combos the build has
    Takes practise to learn when to use certain spells in certain situations
    Fairly long cast times
    Can be very squishy at times if in the wrong position
    Can be Mana intensive at times
Spells

Earthen Grip and it's uses:

Earthen Grip, Enervate is one of the main, powerful combos of witchcraft. Combined with earthern grip we can have an instant cast damage due to Augment Witchcraft passive, root and self heal.

Great for using as a bait before we combo a bubble trap vs most classes or use during a Drop Back.

Flameboltx4-6 to really gain a lot of distance and give you time to cast your next combo. Saving and casting it in PvE or Heavy damage fight's can give us the much needed heal and upper hand (Scales with better gear). Can also be used in castle siege to stop mid air flyers from gaining access to your guilds Castle.

At level 55 most of the daggerspell builds will incorporate

• Enshroud now we have the extra points so it will allow for quicker constant healing. Will be nerfed in patch 1.7 to 200% magic attack (patch comes after lvl 55) so have fun with it while it lasts.

Enervate and it's uses:

• Other than the powerful combo above you can use it when people try to get away/flee since its instant it will finish them off. Great for using when you have cast
Banshee Wailor if you have talented Insidious Whisper it will never break the fear's and will give you a extra +55% damage combo. Make sure you cast it beforeDrop Back if you are wanting to combo cast

• Earthen Grip after. Also will be nerfed in patch 1.7 just like Earthen Grip (Enervate damage modifier reduced to 200% from 300% of magic attack and Enervate cooldown increased to 24 seconds from 18) so again enjoy the overpowered state it is in now.
Bubble Trap and it's uses:

• Always try to combo Bubble trap after
Flamebolt or Meteor Strike so that targets are thrown higher. Using such spells as Shadowsmite and Purge before is great because it can silence them as well as purge any important buff. You will use bubble trap a lot in combo's if your target is sleep/fear immune buffed by Courageous Action. Make sure if vs shadowblade's (or any battlerage builds) to bait them to use Bondbreaker with something like Earthen Grip so that after you can go right into bubble trap safely without them breaking it.

Best used in one of the most overpowered max burst sequence combo's Bubble Trap Chain Lightning Swap to Honor's Frenzied Nodaci/use/swap back to normal weapon >Magic Circle>Arc Lightning>Dahuta's Breath The chain lightning travels towards the target hitting before the bubble trap animation seeks the target out so you get the %damage and no burst bubble till Arc Lightning hit's so its a triple shock benefiting combo>nodachi weapon on use proc +25% skill damage.

Want to power level or grind faster?
Use Flamebolt>Bubble Trap waiting till the bubble is at the highest point then Magic Circle>Arc Lightning so they take 60% fall damage.

Insidious Whisper and it's uses:

• Basic fear skill with fairly long cast time, not a lot of daggerspell builds actually use it but it can be very nice in Arena by using it to bait people who have fear immunity so that you can use
Banshee Wail, really long cooldown it isn't really advisable in world pvp unless you can safely get it on a healer then the group/zerg can crumble if enough healers are locked down. PurgeCan be Insidious Whisper's best friend since if you get lucky and remove fear immunity its GG lockdown time.

Rotation:

Buff Insulating Lens,Purge ,Courageous Action Physical Defence, Mdef + fear/sleep immune
Engaging [1v3+]--> Stealth+Meteor Strike One of the most powerful engages vs groups and zergs
Engaging [1v1] -->Stealth+Shadowsmite Re-Stealth to get opponent to waste valuable cooldowns
Engaging [1v1/2/3]-->Overwhelm + Shadowsmite Stun one and initiate with knockdown.
Next Freezing Earth Great for damage + root
Use Drop Back + Flamebolt For the instant fireball cast + avoid <3
Opener [1v3+]--> Flamebolt + Banshee Wail AoE extended fear great vs grouped up opponents
Opener [1v1/2+]--> Flamebolt + Insidious Whisper Extended solo fear
Opener [vs ALL]-->Flamebolt/Chain Lightning + Bubble Trap then cast Arc Lightning Great combo vs all (dmg+bubble then slow cast lightning)
Finisher Freezing Arrow + Meteor Strike Extra 30% damage combo great for finishing off

Next its basically just continuing stealth combos and keeping Flamebolt+Flamebolt up on the targets so you can take advantage of the dot damage if they are still alive. The above rotation is just a basic structure, you can do whatever combos you feel is needed in the situation.

Other spells and their general use
Dahuta's Breath - Great vs more than 1 opponent or to knockback that melee that just won't stop stabbing your ass ^_^
Chain Lightning - Use vs Groups or when people try to get away/flee since its instant it will finish them off
Shadow Step - Shadowstep use as a gap closer combined with plunge to put pressure on any enemy or use as an escape skill.
Focal Concussion - A spell you might use a lot if all cc abilities are on cd - Stun + Dmg if broken
Purge Cleanse enemy's defensive/shield buff or a harmful spell, it's a must have for pvp since you can combo silence after shadowsmite
Freezing Arrow+Lassitude - Long sleep combo great for using vs healers or avoiding counter spell attacks

Leveling

LEVEL 55

Trion are finally getting around to releasing level 55 in February! Level 55 update is where Archeage classes come alive and the game officially starts. Most likely we will see spellsingers becoming the hardest hitting class in the game due to zeal + gods whip. BUT daggerspell will still remain the king of roam/solo/1v3/arena as a mage build. Arcanist, Spellsingers & Revenant will pull slightly ahead of daggerspell for raid group and siege play still with even greater aoe bombing capability, anti cc and sustain. I for one am extremely excited as I think a lot of people will be back with the new patch and class balances.

1lSpepI.png

With level 55 comes the beautiful oh so sleek new skill Gods' Whip Every mage since launch has drooled and wished for the patch day to come just to use this skill vs zergs or groups. I miss the days I played on korea with Gene Megu (we invented most of the lvl 50/55 mainstream Hermit aka daggerspell builds you see today) melting faces and zergs with an overcharged bomb combo engage. Magic CircleThrow DaggerGods' Whipx3Chain LightningDahuta's BreathGods' Whip

You see Gods' Whip has a 30m range with an effect range of 6m around the player you target. It has an INSTA cast and can be recasted 5 times in a row before it goes on CD. Consecutive attacks deal a ton more damage but will burn you mana. Definitely be cautious of your mana and pre mana food/mana pot before use if you know you will be using it a lot in an engage. Its damage is very similiar to meteors without the trip but allowing a daggerspell or mage to dish out fast rotations weaving Gods' Whip PERFECTLY since the spell can be cast while on the move. Making it even more aggresive in a daggerspells arsenal.

With the lvl 55 Daggerspell build above comes Throw Dagger - Once Hellkissed Obsidian Katana or the new 1.7 int daggers are available in game Throw Dagger will become even more powerful due to the increase in melee damage that you will obtain. Throw Dagger is fantastic for ricocheting like chain lightning but with the added CC effect that the daggers do. This allows you to pull out more rotations on the effected targets thanks to the slows. In essence will be used as a standard bread and butter starting ability vs zergs or groups (Skullnights and melee in general will hate you).

With more points comes the ability to use Enshroud because this is a solo/roaming build more so than a group raid build we want our witchcraft CC abilities and skills to be able to cycled faster with shorter cd's so we can lockdown more opponents. Enervate into Earthen Grip on a shorter cooldown allows more sustain vs heavy hitters or Dahuta's Breath to be used as a starter and a finisher in a combo sequence since the cd will be slightly less.

PvE Lvl 55

So your level 55 and your wondering why you need all that extra CC from conjury/witchcraft in your build for PvE? No need to worry or change to a different tree and have to re-level it. You can use the below build for PvE Dungeons and Raid instances (Serpentis, Sea of Drowned Love, Red Dragon) and still be competitive on the dps with incredible mana efficiency. With Mana Pool Increase + Efficient Sorcery+ Baleful Recharge + Play Dead you can go full out on dps (depending on threat) and still maintain impressive mana pool. (therefore more uptime and damage done).

Depending on the PvE Encounter you will be probably swapping in wings for damage reduction so will no doubt playing Arcanist for that. But I find on most encounters where a lot of movement is needed Shadow Step,Freerunner+ Gods' Whip, Drop Back + Flamebolt to be invaluable for moving around and maintaining dps uptime on the boss. Swap in Freezing Arrow +Fiend's Knell if a boss requires more single target dps needed (no adds)

Basic PvE rotation would be Magic Circle > Flamebolt > Freezing Arrow > Flamebolt > Enervate > Flamebolt HOLD down for 2 hits > Drop Back > Flamebolt HOLD down for x5 Flamebolt's > Gods' Whipx5 > Play Dead then repeat

Hzhinrn.png

Raid lvl 55

Very important you remember its an assassin mage build so you have to keep Stealth+Shadowsmite stealth resetting just to confuse, avoid, surprise attack your target and keep from being stun locked by melee. In group fights your main target is to stealth nuke squishy classes, switching, cc'ing and attacking support and healers. So that you and your party can demolish the zerg / group extremely easy.

Magic Circle > Stealth > Meteor Strike > Fiend's Knell > Throw Dagger > Gods' Whipx3 > Shadow Step > Chain Lightning > Dahuta's Breath > Flame Barrier > Freezing Earth > (Searing Rain Only if safe to cast) > Drop Back + Flameboltx5 > Gods' Whip >

Above AoE bombing rotation is more or less a guaranteed kill in group pvp with the below build vs zergs (Less single target cc and slows for increase in cast time, aoe, spell power and suppression compared to main roaming solo build)

kngnt5B.png

man i try to help other and all i get is crappy 1 liners back...... hell maybe you should find some builds for 2.9?

lol I have all the ones I use already.

I'm not trying to deter you, I honestly just didn't understand. If you made it or if you played the class it would have made sense but when you said that neither apply it threw me off.

Daggerspell is only really good for farming mobs and small scale open world fighting. It sucks in raids tho, I'd go Arcanist for raids if you like the Sorc+Witchcraft mix. I agree that I wouldn't use any of these builds in the photo but not enough time to share my build.

Clicked because I thought it would actually be what the title says, was disappointed. This isn't "sorcery theorycrafting", it's a daggerspell guide I've already seen googling around elsewhere.

Clicked because I thought it would actually be what the title says, was disappointed. This isn't "sorcery theorycrafting", it's a daggerspell guide I've already seen googling around elsewhere.

I thought theory crafting was... everyone posts builds to do with sorcery... mix and match... learn etc?

I thought theory crafting was... everyone posts builds to do with sorcery... mix and match... learn etc?
I mean, yes. But what's keeping everyone from copy/pasting builds into the thread, then? At which point, why not just make an outside link page of helpful resources? There's no actual "theorycrafting" going on in copy/paste if we're going into the definition of the term. And there's NOTHING in the OP other than a vague request to "add and contribute" to what I assumed was the daggerspell guide, as that was literally the only thing in the OP.

Also, posting 2-page class guides for every viable sorcery-based class would be a clustertruck in one thread. Very difficult to navigate without a linking system, which is, again, why I was confused. This style is better for a single class focus.

DS is great for open-world, solo PvP in a 1v1, maybe 1v2-3 if you're good enough and your ping is good enough. There's already posts on better raid mage builds and plenty of advice on the forums already for pve sorcery.

For those browsing this thread for helpful information:
https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?threads/large-scale-pvp-classes-and-you.2023/
https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?threads/sorcery.1448/

Plenty of individual guides and advice around too, those are just the biggest catch-all threads on these forums specifically. Don't gear until you have an idea of what you want to stick with, as the different classes reflect different playstyles and some are going to be more glass cannon, while others require a bit more def. Do your research.

[LEVEL 55] --{ Daggerspell }-- GOD MODE 1v1/2/3

Daggerspell is a trash cheese class for arenas nothing more. do further research into sorc classes before posting again,

Its not bad for single target PvE due to mana regen passive, heal combo, free mana combo and still being a good PvP class to hold you own if you get ganked fighting mobs. Especially if you spec into the Fiend with the 9th passive and a wolf or bear. you will shred everything and stay up on mana and health, especially if you do it in Library with an index. You can pretty much keep going nonstop in library but you might need to take a short break in open world every 20-30 mins.

Its not bad for single target PvE due to mana regen passive, heal combo, free mana combo and still being a good PvP class to hold you own if you get ganked fighting mobs. Especially if you spec into the Fiend with the 9th passive and a wolf or bear. you will shred everything and stay up on mana and health, especially if you do it in Library with an index. You can pretty much keep going nonstop in library but you might need to take a short break in open world every 20-30 mins.

I've had more luck running Arcanist as a straight PvE build, tbh. Both seem to have decent reaction times if you get ganked while fighting, but the Auramancy gave a bit more survivability and having Meditate as well as Playing Dead meant I didn't have to touch pots while grinding in the library.

The issue with DS in PvE, though, is that DS is a very mobile build. That's not bad in and of itself, but if you want to get the max dps in PvE on anything sorc, mobility isn't as important as throwing down a Magic Circle along with your combos. You can CC-lock mobs with the Sorc/Witchcraft combo enough to not need to kite, so I ended up tossing out Shadowplay and grabbing something that'd give me a bit extra defense, stun breaks for those occasional ganks, another aoe instant cast combo, and Meditate.

I've had more luck running Arcanist as a straight PvE build, tbh. Both seem to have decent reaction times if you get ganked while fighting, but the Auramancy gave a bit more survivability and having Meditate as well as Playing Dead meant I didn't have to touch pots while grinding in the library.

The issue with DS in PvE, though, is that DS is a very mobile build. That's not bad in and of itself, but if you want to get the max dps in PvE on anything sorc, mobility isn't as important as throwing down a Magic Circle along with your combos. You can CC-lock mobs with the Sorc/Witchcraft combo enough to not need to kite, so I ended up tossing out Shadowplay and grabbing something that'd give me a bit extra defense, stun breaks for those occasional ganks, another aoe instant cast combo, and Meditate.

Im actually run Arcanist too in PvE lately because Im trying to get used to it as an off spec. It does great in Library but when farming Queens purses, I found that stealth, shadow step and backdrop are favorable, especially if that water or log node pops up and you want it. As for killing mobs (queens purses specifically), unless i pull too many, freezing shot and firebolt at max range are all I use on mobs. They usually die before reaching me if I have a pet out (celetial T1/auroria gear, celestial t4 staff).

Magic circle is only good if you stay static but if you have to move to tag mobs its bad. Drop back how ever is a gap maker that also combos with firebolt and that DPS is pretty good especially if they have freeze debuff to combo off. Also if you dont need health, enervate > dropback > fireballs is free mana and if in library with index, just watch it go up.

Honestly, anything Sorc+Witchcraft is pretty good for PvE.

Im actually run Arcanist too in PvE lately because Im trying to get used to it as an off spec. It does great in Library but when farming Queens purses, I found that stealth, shadow step and backdrop are favorable, especially if that water or log node pops up and you want it. As for killing mobs (queens purses specifically), unless i pull too many, freezing shot and firebolt at max range are all I use on mobs. They usually die before reaching me if I have a pet out (celetial T1/auroria gear, celestial t4 staff).

Magic circle is only good if you stay static but if you have to move to tag mobs its bad. Drop back how ever is a gap maker that also combos with firebolt and that DPS is pretty good especially if they have freeze debuff to combo off.

Honestly, anything Sorc+Witchcraft is pretty good for PvE.

Huh, didn't think about that. I'll hop between DS and Arcanist too depending on what I'm doing, but haven't played around too much with freezing shot or frigid tracks. Then again, only just starting to gear up so I needed a lot more to get mobs down. Having a good weap makes all the difference.

I'll try rearranging skills (and using my pet for once) if I go out to open world farm and see how it goes.

Back