What's new

Sunken treasure chest

Nerdwaffen

I have an idea to make sunken treasure chest viable, just reduce the Ghastly Aura debuff to 20 seconds, increase Perdita price to 200g and make Vaultstone Shard aways come with a Enoan Shipwright's Design Bag.

Perdita statues have been discussed and they will remain as they are.
The debuff was something XL added themselves against bots so that also will not be changed and making Vaultstones drops also always have an Enoan design bag is not a good solution

I think the best thing to do about those sunken chest is to randomize the locations they spawn at.
It was a huge over site by XL to spawn these chests in static locations. They essentially catered to the bots and hackers who could teleport to the coordinates of the chests.

If the staff can do anything to these, I implore them to make the sunken ship locations random. These static chests convert a fun treasure hunting excursion into a grind for the sub design and scroll components, as we repeatedly return to the exact same locations....over and over again.

I think the best thing to do about those sunken chest is to randomize the locations they spawn at.
It was a huge over site by XL to spawn these chests in static locations. They essentially catered to the bots and hackers who could teleport to the coordinates of the chests.
Just remove this useless sunken treasure from the game, is a waste of labor and a lot of time.

If the staff can do anything to these, I implore them to make the sunken ship locations random. These static chests convert a fun treasure hunting excursion into a grind for the sub design and scroll components, as we repeatedly return to the exact same locations....over and over again.
He is so negative on the forum that make me think he don't even want a solution for nothing. :(

Making them completely random wouldn't be something possible. Though changing the respawn timers to have random times instead of a standard preset respawn time is something potentially possible

I don't think the spawn timers are an issue. It just means the treasure hunter has to check the same spawn location more or less frequently. The spawn location remains the same.
Too bad you can't change this, Sjinderson, because the "explores" are not exploring, but merely bouncing from grid coordinate to grid coordinate where the known chests spawn at.

It'd be nice to see something done to spice up sunken chests. I just don't know what.

Maybe create something like a "Lost Resource Bundle" that acted similar to the shipwright design bags, but instead of ship component designs it gave some charcoal stabilizer and archeum based on your exploration proficiency. It's probably not a good idea, but it's just an idea after all. You'd think there'd be more interesting things in sunken treasure chests than a few decorations and ship component designs.

I feel those fit more in metalworking than anything. Though I couldn't say about that

Back